Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No it would've been the perfect fit.. Its not just rap historians watching SOC. 75% of the audience wouldn't have known this fact about Easy first signing BEP. That moment would've been:ohhh::gladbron:to a lot of people.. Music is music. Show the whole family tree.. at least the groups that still make noise to this very day.

Black Eyed Peas?we talkin bout Black Eyed Peas:childplease:? I'd rather have seen JJ Fad than fukking BEP:mjlol:...Did they even have Fergie back then?definitley bushes status for a movie thats already 2:30 minutes long.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
again, it's not worth it, they weren't even named BEP back then so you either have to explain them or have some other folks griping about an inaccuracy if they were called BEP. yea he discovered them, but ok, what else happened? nothing, he died before they even released an album. yall are wanting too many cameos/mentions that end up bringing in more noise than adding to the narrative. i can half way see a point about bone - tho they were mentioned more than once, and IMO it wasn't a glaring omission not to have them visualized.
All they needed is a mention just like everyone else.. not a whole segment of the flick. I'm not a fan of BEP but their a big time group and it shows that it wasn't just about gangster sh*t.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Black Eyed Peas?we talkin bout Black Eyed Peas:childplease:? I'd rather have seen JJ Fad than fukking BEP:mjlol:...Did they even have Fergie back then?definitley bushes status for a movie thats already 2:30 minutes long.
I don't really care for their sh*t either but that is a big time group worldwide. Dre made sure you knew his whole entire family tree including the Beats/Apple sale for $2 billion:stopitslime:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
All they needed is a mention just like everyone else.. not a whole segment of the flick. I'm not a fan of BEP but their a big time group and it shows that it wasn't just about gangster sh*t.
ehh, i don't think it's necessary. an NWA tree would be a dope booklet to have with the DVD, but name dropping just to name drop in the movie...save it for a game album

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't really care for their sh*t either but that is a big time group worldwide. Dre made sure you knew his whole entire family tree including the Beats/Apple sale for $2 billion:stopitslime:

That was in the movie?i left at the beginning of the credits:heh:?

They didn't even have Warren G in this shyt bruh,think about that for a second,at least I don't think they ever explained the guy who bought Snoop to Dre was Warren G....BEP just seems so irrelevant to the conversation....even to casual viewers going to see this BEP's are irrelevant to them I bet....I don't think even the white NWA fans double as NWA fans and Black Eyed Peas fans....and obviously the movie wasn't really made for white viewers who were casual hiphop fans anyway.

I would've truly been disgusted by a Black Eyed Peas appearance actually,the Pac appearance was forced enough just on some name recognition shyt....but at least Pac I believe was a factor in Dre wanting to leave DR....BEP is a non factor in every way we can imagine to this movie.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nah bruh ferbie wasn't around back then. :mjlol: They were actually a somewhat respectable hip hop group at one point. I remember seeing them at Smoking Grooves one year.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and hold up I just realized,why the fukk was Pac recording Hail Mary while he was still recording All Eyez On Me,and hadn't even heard the beat for California Love:childplease:?

Lemme stop thinking too hard before these little innacuracies start to fukk the movie up:mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
and hold up I just realized,why the fukk was Pac recording Hail Mary while he was still recording All Eyez On Me,and hadn't even heard the beat for California Love:childplease:?

Lemme stop thinking too hard before these little innacuracies start to fukk the movie up:mjlol:
They were just throwing shyt in there you could tell. Especially since there were stories how pac was recording hail Mary during the making of makaveli and how they came up with the beat for it. They should've shown him spitting to ambition az a ridah.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

i honestly hope they cut that scene on the dvd release. and fukk it, give us the extra hour of footage...i sat thru 3 hours of wolf of wall street, i can sit thru three hours in compton

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

That sh*t was crazy right there:heh: I was sittin' there like:what:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im asking this at the risk of you fukking the movie up for me as the coli has been known to do:francis:...But what did you feel like they changed about Eazys story?

I had a couple things I didn't like as far as the timeline being fukked up....mostly with the Bone shyt,I believe Yella was handing Eazy Creepin On Ah Come Up on his deathbed:patrice:? Also wish they woulda covered Dre and Eazy beefing,but on the other hand showing them react to diss tracks 3 different times?If you could only cover one it had to be No Vaseline....woulda liked to see Real Muthafukin G's though.

The Timeline for the Bone shyt was actually accurate. The tape was the E. 1999 Eternal which was released virtually like two months after Eazy died. Also, Eazy mentioned that he was with Bone when he met up with Ice Cube (which was factual as well).

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was in the movie?i left at the beginning of the credits:heh:?

They didn't even have Warren G in this shyt bruh,think about that for a second,at least I don't think they ever explained the guy who bought Snoop to Dre was Warren G....BEP just seems so irrelevant to the conversation....even to casual viewers going to see this BEP's are irrelevant to them I bet....I don't think even the white NWA fans double as NWA fans and Black Eyed Peas fans....and obviously the movie wasn't really made for white viewers who were casual hiphop fans anyway.

I would've truly been disgusted by a Black Eyed Peas appearance actually,the Pac appearance was forced enough just on some name recognition shyt....but at least Pac I believe was a factor in Dre wanting to leave DR....BEP is a non factor in every way we can imagine to this movie.

In the credits it it has Warren G on there.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the credits it it has Warren G on there.

Damn I shoulda sat through them shyts,I was thinking about seeing it again anyway:banderas:

And props,when Yella said Bone was about to blow up,I assumed the tape mustve been Creepin On Ah Come Up,because they were kindve a big deal already:heh:...but i guess E99 did take them to another level of "blowing up".

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure he is referring to the WHITE PEOPLE who were watching the movie....because younger blacks can especially understand the "fukk The Police" mentality. :birdman:

White people at least of the hiphop generation especially NOW with all the recent news,I believe can relate to this movie more than ever...It actually worked out that this movie got delayed from being greenlit for so long,because I believe a lot of black youth as well as white people wouldn't have been able to relate to "fukk the police" mentality...also the constant media critimsm of cops finally making folks look at the police a little funny in the light,and not like this shyt is rare occurences or paranoid negroes making shyt up.