Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
On a side note it would've been nice to see a small quick scene of Easy signing the Black Eyed Peas. Cube with Yo Yo, Del, etc. I know Dre was an executive producer but damn homie.. Instead of SOC, the movie could've easily been called "Dre Day":patrice:
they didn't do a good job at all of showing who eazy signed period, so BEP definitely wasn't making the cut. plus the BEP eazy found is nothing like the BEP the pop world knows, i don't think it would've fit. as for cube's signings, they don't have the clout today that death row had. you gotta think about it from marketability, there's more allure around death row and death row is what made dre who he is today while cube felt his venture into film is what made him who he is today...i think those narratives fit to help connect the dots for younger folks. no way to fit in a bunch of artists that don't resonate with half the audience

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Grew up in that era and couldn't wait to see it.

First half was str8 classic material and then the Dre Tales started coming and didn't stop and then they had the audacity to change Eazy's story completely to appease Dre and Oshea's fairy tale vision of how shyt shoulda went down :stopitslime:

It went from classic to just good.

The music still get a nikka hyped but that ain't no surprise since real nikkaz still be bumpin that shyt in the whip and the gym till this day

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do people even care if this gets nominated for an Oscar? shyt is the wrong fight to be picking honestly. This is a great movie and it's good to see hip hop represented properly on the big screen but I give zero fukks about an Oscar. This aint the Malcolm X movie my nikkas. :snooze:

I feel confident saying this movie is not only better than Malcom X biopic,but more accurate:wow:

I thought op might have been a little bias,but this movie is really a classic yall:mjcry:...I hope it enhances Eazy E legacy as he's been somewhat forgotten over the years,I hope it even enhances Cubes...He didn't die but he doesn't get the respect he deserves in my opinion.

@WackyD you missing out breh,the movies already a success so you might as well go see it,so you can at least accurately complain about it:heh:....I really don't even have any complaints,The Eazy and Jerry Heller relationship is actually really dope and helps put things in perspective...the biggest inaccuracy was how extra regular they had Tomika Wright looking in the movie:mjlol:...I also didn't like the lack of BOne Thugs,but fukk it Bone might be up next for a biopic:banderas:

My main thing now,is this movie might have raised my expectations too high for all hiphop biopics,if all biopics aint this good it shouldn't even be made...and to be honest this movie is so good because of who you have involved with F Gary and Cube,they track record speaks for itself....I don't trust the rest Hollywood to allow a hiphop biopic to be this good,9 times outta 10 it will be in the wrong hands.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
that Felicia scene worked perfectly....

it was used to make younger viewers have a laugh

it was the perfect mix for the younger viewers,
its rarely done in movies,but when its done right,its a nice touch
I always known that line from Friday which is 20 yrs old.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Grew up in that era and couldn't wait to see it.

First half was str8 classic material and then the Dre Tales started coming and didn't stop and then they had the audacity to change Eazy's story completely to appease Dre and Oshea's fairy tale vision of how shyt shoulda went down :stopitslime:

It went from classic to just good.

The music still get a nikka hyped but that ain't no surprise since real nikkaz still be bumpin that shyt in the whip and the gym till this day

Im asking this at the risk of you fukking the movie up for me as the coli has been known to do:francis:...But what did you feel like they changed about Eazys story?

I had a couple things I didn't like as far as the timeline being fukked up....mostly with the Bone shyt,I believe Yella was handing Eazy Creepin On Ah Come Up on his deathbed:patrice:? Also wish they woulda covered Dre and Eazy beefing,but on the other hand showing them react to diss tracks 3 different times?If you could only cover one it had to be No Vaseline....woulda liked to see Real Muthafukin G's though.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
they didn't do a good job at all of showing who eazy signed period, so BEP definitely wasn't making the cut. plus the BEP eazy found is nothing like the BEP the pop world knows, i don't think it would've fit. as for cube's signings, they don't have the clout today that death row had. you gotta think about it from marketability, there's more allure around death row and death row is what made dre who he is today while cube felt his venture into film is what made him who he is today...i think those narratives fit to help connect the dots for younger folks. no way to fit in a bunch of artists that don't resonate with half the audience
No it would've been the perfect fit.. Its not just rap historians watching SOC. 75% of the audience wouldn't have known this fact about Easy first signing BEP. That moment would've been:ohhh::gladbron:to a lot of people.. Music is music. Show the whole family tree.. at least the groups that still make noise to this very day.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No it would've been the perfect fit.. Its not just rap historians watching SOC. 75% of the audience wouldn't have known this fact about Easy first signing BEP. That moment would've been:ohhh::gladbron:to a lot of people.. Music is music. Show the whole family tree.. at least the groups that still make noise to this very day.
again, it's not worth it, they weren't even named BEP back then so you either have to explain them or have some other folks griping about an inaccuracy if they were called BEP. yea he discovered them, but ok, what else happened? nothing, he died before they even released an album. yall are wanting too many cameos/mentions that end up bringing in more noise than adding to the narrative. i can half way see a point about bone - tho they were mentioned more than once, and IMO it wasn't a glaring omission not to have them visualized.