Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
DJ Yella posted this on his facebook:

11866319_401121800096973_5710908935023601251_n.jpg

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I was young when NWA was poppin so I have a question for the older cats...

What was Yella's role in the group? Because the entire movie I was like "WTF does this nikka do?!?!" :mindblown:

I also didn't really understand DOC's part either. And was he drunk driving? They kinda made it seem like he was. :patrice:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The actor who played Snoop looked like Kurupt (another audience member who obviously was in the know said so out loud) but he sounded JUST like Snoop.

That was a voiceover breh. :francis:

Some of the actor's words are his own but then there are moments where you can tell they clearly dubbed Snoop over his voice. I saw it yesterday and I was like, "this nikka sounds just like Snoop!" :gladbron: Then I listened closer and realize it WAS Snoops voice. :pachaha:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I don't think its gonna get Oscar nominations because the campaign against it is starting.
Dee Barnes is trending right now and the articles about Dr. Dre's abuse are starting to pick up steam since the movie is the talk of Hollywood.

Even though plenty of Oscar nominated biopics fudge the facts and gloss over things, this will be the reason for SOC's snub.

Big mistake to leave it out. They could have added a few incidents to show he had major problems then show that he had true contrition at the end.
Dre came out looking damn near perfect.

I kinda get why they left it out though. At the present time, there are a few things that can severely tarnish one's career: Domestic violence towards women, animal cruelty and homophobia.

Why do people even care if this gets nominated for an Oscar? shyt is the wrong fight to be picking honestly. This is a great movie and it's good to see hip hop represented properly on the big screen but I give zero fukks about an Oscar. This aint the Malcolm X movie my nikkas. :snooze:

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Why do people even care if this gets nominated for an Oscar? shyt is the wrong fight to be picking honestly. This is a great movie and it's good to see hip hop represented properly on the big screen but I give zero fukks about an Oscar. This aint the Malcolm X movie my nikkas. :snooze:
cause there are actually muthafukkas out there who still give a shyt about what white people think and feel:deadmanny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah, it might hit 100 and that's it. This movie is like hip hop albums sales, first week cop, huge falloff fort he second week. I think ERRYBODY saw it already lol.
No might. It will easily hit 100 million. On pace for 150 million domestic at minumum.

7+million on Monday. 7+ million on tuesday. Its already at 74 million. It will hit 100 million by Monday.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I was young when NWA was poppin so I have a question for the older cats...

What was Yella's role in the group? Because the entire movie I was like "WTF does this nikka do?!?!" :mindblown:

I also didn't really understand DOC's part either. And was he drunk driving? They kinda made it seem like he was. :patrice:
DJ Yella was the DJ for the group and DOC was the song writer for the group especially when Ice cube left.