Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think its gonna get Oscar nominations because the campaign against it is starting.
Dee Barnes is trending right now and the articles about Dr. Dre's abuse are starting to pick up steam since the movie is the talk of Hollywood.

Even though plenty of Oscar nominated biopics fudge the facts and gloss over things, this will be the reason for SOC's snub.

Big mistake to leave it out. They could have added a few incidents to show he had major problems then show that he had true contrition at the end.
Dre came out looking damn near perfect.

I kinda get why they left it out though. At the present time, there are a few things that can severely tarnish one's career: Domestic violence towards women, animal cruelty and homophobia.
It would be a shame if it gets taken out of contention just because it glossed over the misogyny stuff. Most of these Hollywood biopics tend to sanitize the subject of their films. I think the only one that really took a warts and all approach was Raging Bull.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I don't think its gonna get Oscar nominations because the campaign against it is starting.
Dee Barnes is trending right now and the articles about Dr. Dre's abuse are starting to pick up steam since the movie is the talk of Hollywood.

Even though plenty of Oscar nominated biopics fudge the facts and gloss over things, this will be the reason for SOC's snub.

Big mistake to leave it out. They could have added a few incidents to show he had major problems then show that he had true contrition at the end.
Dre came out looking damn near perfect.

I kinda get why they left it out though. At the present time, there are a few things that can severely tarnish one's career: Domestic violence towards women, animal cruelty and homophobia.
:camby: not important to the story of NWA

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats the final boxoffice looking like? :ohhh: shyt might hit $200 million domestic. this is a landmark moment, cause its a black film with no superstars. this is practically unheard of. this a game changer right here brehs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
whats the final boxoffice looking like? :ohhh: shyt might hit $200 million domestic. this is a landmark moment, cause its a black film with no superstars. this is practically unheard of. this a game changer right here brehs.
Nah, it might hit 100 and that's it. This movie is like hip hop albums sales, first week cop, huge falloff fort he second week. I think ERRYBODY saw it already lol.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nah, it might hit 100 and that's it. This movie is like hip hop albums sales, first week cop, huge falloff fort he second week. I think ERRYBODY saw it already lol.
Yeah most films drop 50% or more in their second week. It'll hit 100 easily. Still a huge profit.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
What were those guys From New York that was in the booth About to do Boyz in the hood.

I had my phone off