Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dee Barnes is trending :francis:

Shouldnt have left that out..

shyt is stupid. Why didn't they show when Ice Cube death certificate CD was getting boycotted and the white Jewish dude that runs the guardian angels had black and Latin boys standing outside records stores in New York boycotting the CD.

How about when the CD was getting banned in places like Colorado or how Cube was getting Death threats and rolling with Khalid Muhammed.

These folks some fukking trolls brotha doc. They pick and choose shyt man. They want to bytch they should have said something when Dre was pushing beats by Dre. Mothafukkas were quite then.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Brotha all that is excuses. They were never gonna give it an Oscar because it is a mostly black movie. Same reason why you see it is almost impossible for a cop to get charged with murdering a black person. The shyt has to be perfect. That is what the Oscars have said since the beginning. Your shyt has to be perfect colored folks cause we going through the shyt with a fine comb. Now our shyt ain't got to be perfect it just got to be white.

But fukk the Oscars. If anyone is old enough to remember when Malcolm X came out you know what time it is. If that black movie that was as perfect as a film can be does not get an Oscar no black film can. Unless that shyt is a modern day Amous and Andy or some Birth of a Nation type of shyt.

Back in the early 90s Willie Dee said fukk a Grammy....well it is 2015 and I say fukk a Oscar.

I dont disagree with what you're saying. I'm just saying this movie had enough momentum/success that it was still a possibility (assuming there's not that many great movies the rest of the year).

Now that shyt is dead for real.

I'm actually torn on this issue. On one hand I want the success/enjoyment of this movie to last as long as possible. shyt took over twitter before the movie and after the movie.Now its nothing but negativity surrounding it.

However, she's right in sharing her story. If the movie suffers for it......thats tough :yeshrug:. They should have just included that shyt and alleviated some of the stuff thats going on now.

I agree with you about Malcolm X. Movie was screwed over big time :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
shyt is stupid. Why didn't they show when Ice Cube death certificate CD was getting boycotted and the white Jewish dude that runs the guardian angels had black and Latin boys standing outside records stores in New York boycotting the CD.

How about when the CD was getting banned in places like Colorado or how Cube was getting Death threats and rolling with Khalid Muhammed.

These folks some fukking trolls brotha doc. They pick and choose shyt man. They want to bytch they should have said something when Dre was pushing beats by Dre. Mothafukkas were quit then.

Again...you're not wrong.

But this is the climate we live in. Sometimes you have to cover yourself. People want you to focus on your demons..

This could been easily handled. After the No Vaseline scene. Show Dre watching an interview of Cube/Dee. Dre is drunk and then attacks her while out. Then show later in the movie show how his new woman helped make him a better person/etc.

Much more relevant than a needless Tupac scene.

Again...the trolls are gonna troll. But they controlled what was shown. Just get it out of the way instead of showing scenes of Dre being a tough guy.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I enjoyed the movie and all but I am sitting here completely :dahell:with all this talk about this being a classic and Oscars and shyt.
This was basically one of them VH1 docu-dramas like The Temptations movie except with profanity and nudity. Now I enjoy a good cornball docu-drama immensely and I liked Straight Ouuta Compton, but to call it a classic film is stretching things.

Breh, I legit feel the same way; but it's hard to not come across as a hater when voicing such opinions. So, I'm left looking like:
giphy.gif

It's an enjoyable movie, but the hyperbole is some other shyt. I told the girl I saw it with afterwards it's about on the level of those VH1 docu-dramas; but it's NOT even seeing the Temptations or The Jacksons: An American dream as a work. I've seen several people say it's the best biopic they've ever seen :dahell:. I fully admit I'm more critical than the average moviegoer, but nah breh.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Again...you're not wrong.

But this is the climate we live in. Sometimes you have to cover yourself. People want you to focus on your demons..

This could been easily handled. After the No Vaseline scene. Show Dre watching an interview of Cube/Dee. Dre is drunk and then attacks her while out. Then show later in the movie show how his new woman helped make him a better person/etc.

Much more relevant than a needless Tupac scene.

Again...the trolls are gonna troll. But they controlled what was shown. Just get it out of the way instead of showing scenes of Dre being a tough guy.

I hear you brotha and you my dude all day and twice on sunday homie. but you cannot avoid stuff when folks gunning for you. There is nothing around it. Dr Dre is worth 1 billion. He nor apple (who owns beats by Dre) would cosign him putting hands on women in a movie. Plus that mess of airing dirt is usually left for when the artist is dead and gone. The movie has made 3 times what it was made for. I repeat no black film with a black director and a mostly black cast is gonna win an Oscar.....period. On top of that a group rapping F the police. That is like thinking minister Farakhan is gonna get voted on as president of the US.

Black folks need to stop second guessing shyt cause we are not playing a fair game. Even if they placed Dre beating up Dee they would have bytched about not showing Cube making anti white comments in death certificate or predator. Or not showinh Ren anti white comments in his second CD. Or hell they would have mentioned that Dre beat up other women and it wasn't showed.

You can't win these battles with these folks. Black folks the only people in America that can't make a movie without all their dirt aired or without some sort of social conscious. Cause if they do here come the people bytching about the children or some sort of morality shyt.

White folks make movies all the time without a moral compass. But let some kneegrows make movies like that and it is the end of the world.

Man can you imagine if black folks made a version of Boogy nights. Lord all you would have heard is what about the misogyny and they didn't talk about the damage aids can have on the community and why he went to Brazil and was still fukking with the package:snoop:.

fukk them man.

Last edited:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I said fukk it and ended up going back again today since tickets were only $5. :yeshrug:
Only this time, there were a sea of cacs everywhere. My homegirl had the :dwillhuh:...when we stepped in lol

And its a shame that the movie now is getting overlooked due to the Dre/Dee Barnes drama. I don't remember feminsts coming at Dre's head this much when he was first declared Hip-Hop's first billionaire. It just goes to show that they are doing whatever they can to keep this movie from winning period.

Black Cinema is coming back strong.... :wow:

Banned Account12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finally got a chance to see this

mos def. a fukking classic

first time in a long time i've watched a movie back to back :clap::clap::clap:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just saw it.. dope sh*t. Cube's son and the dude who played Easy killed it. The story started to run out of steam a bit but it held up at the end, Don't think its Oscar worthy but just maybe could get a best actor or supporting actor nod thrown in. Paul Giamanti was good too.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just finished watching, movie was dope :pachaha:

I only wished they put the Eazy - Dre battle in this movie, as both there diss records was :mjlol:

:ohhh: at Cube writing the entire script for Friday by himself, I always thought a team of writers creates the dialogue for actors in movies.

The final scene Jelly Heller - Eazy shared was :wow:

Also those cop scenes was pretty intense :lupe:

Loved the fact they had "Flavor in ya ear" playing in the club just to have a touch of East Coast Hip Hop in the movie :win:

Dope film overall.

:francis: he didnt. Dj Pooh and him wrote it.