Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The best scene had to been when NWA was hearing No Vaseline for the first time.
This scene had me legit dying. nikkas was in that room listening to that shyt, not trying to laugh at that ether like

3seed_medium.gif

AzVGgzS.gif

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This scene had me legit dying. nikkas was in that room listening to that shyt, not trying to laugh at that ether like

3seed_medium.gif

AzVGgzS.gif

I wouldnt be surprised if that became a meme for every time a rap battle happens.

A picture of Meek Mill listening to Drake with the caption "That shyt was kinda funny to me"

Even though I dont consider that a "battle" smh.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't think its gonna get Oscar nominations because the campaign against it is starting.
Dee Barnes is trending right now and the articles about Dr. Dre's abuse are starting to pick up steam since the movie is the talk of Hollywood.

Even though plenty of Oscar nominated biopics fudge the facts and gloss over things, this will be the reason for SOC's snub.

Big mistake to leave it out. They could have added a few incidents to show he had major problems then show that he had true contrition at the end.
Dre came out looking damn near perfect.

I kinda get why they left it out though. At the present time, there are a few things that can severely tarnish one's career: Domestic violence towards women, animal cruelty and homophobia.

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
Why is that tho? What makes them special?

I'm not from the West Coast, but I think they were always one of the more notorious Blood gangs in the LA area (Inglewood). I think Ice Cube grew up around WC on the W/S in the 100s, which is close to Crenshaw Mafia's hood, so the school bus incident might have been a true story.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't think its gonna get Oscar nominations because the campaign against it is starting.
Dee Barnes is trending right now and the articles about Dr. Dre's abuse are starting to pick up steam since the movie is the talk of Hollywood.

Even though plenty of Oscar nominated biopics fudge the facts and gloss over things, this will be the reason for SOC's snub.

Big mistake to leave it out. They could have added a few incidents to show he had major problems then show that he had true contrition at the end.

I kinda get why they left it out though. At the present time, there are a few things that can severely tarnish one's career: Domestic violence towards women, animal cruelty and homophobia.

As @Big Boss would say.

Its Oscar chances are over.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How does what Dre did in real life have anything to do with this movies Oscar chances? :wtf:

So your telling me a movie about a rap group from Compton named N.W.A. meaning nikkas with attitude that rapped about violence, drugs, gangs, and killing cops loses its Oscar chance not because any of the previously mentioned but because of an event that didn't appear in the film nor conduct that any of the actors or directors had any part in, basically an event that is completely separate from the actual movie that happened damn near 20 years ago that is no secret to anybody is what ruins this films chances...

Lol Feminist groups don't run the Oscars and neither does social media :mjlol: this ain't the MTV awards...

Cube calling Heller a Jew is more of a threat to this movies Oscar chances than any of the shyt Dre did. :ufdup:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, Dre has a history of whooping chick's asses that was completely glossed over. I could see not showing the Dee Barnes stuff or him mushing that white rapper chick but skipping over the whole abusive relationship with Michel'e was odd since they had a kid together.

Really folks think they would have Dr Dre issues with beating women? Come on now the dude the executive producer on the movie.

That is like them doing a biopic on Charlie Sheen with him being executive producer and asking why his women beating ways was not talked about.

I am not caping for Dr Dre but let's be real about this shyt. Also the media is full of shyt to want to all of a sudden care about Dr Dre beating women. They had plenty of time to talk about it and boycott him when he was helping push Eminem, was selling beats by Dre (which is a trip they never said shyt about the play on the name) all on tv and celebrities wearing the head phones.

Now all of sudden this movie comes out and now it is time for Dr. Dre women beating ways to come to light. Jokers act like they uncovered some shyt. Please everyone knew Dre beat women.

Same with Suge everyone knew he was a terror and harmed folks. Yet he was all on Jimmy Kimmel and them white boys late night shows the last 5 years laughing it up. The media a got damn mess man.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How does what Dre did in real life have anything to do with this movies Oscar chances? :wtf:

So your telling me a movie about a rap group from Compton named N.W.A. meaning nikkas with attitude that rapped about violence, drugs, gangs, and killing cops loses its Oscar chance not because any of the previously mentioned but because of an event that didn't appear in the film nor conduct that any of the actors or directors had any part in, basically an event that is completely separate from the actual movie that happened damn near 20 years ago that is no secret to anybody is what ruins this films chances...

Lol Feminist groups don't run the Oscars and neither does social media :mjlol: this ain't the MTV awards...

Cube calling Heller a Jew is more of a threat to this movies Oscar chances than any of the shyt Dre did. :ufdup:

These white folks a trip B. So they can have movies about white mobsters selling dope and killing folks. Who also got lines in the movies about selling dope go blacks cause they think they are animals (cough cough God Father movie). Can get an Oscar.....but god forbid some colored folks help make a movie about a black group that made songs about doing the the same shyt the mobsters did in movies and suddenly it isn't Oscar Worthy.

This country is wild man totally wild. And folks have the nerve to say racism does not exist.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As @Big Boss would say.

Its Oscar chances are over.

Brotha all that is excuses. They were never gonna give it an Oscar because it is a mostly black movie. Same reason why you see it is almost impossible for a cop to get charged with murdering a black person. The shyt has to be perfect. That is what the Oscars have said since the beginning. Your shyt has to be perfect colored folks cause we going through the shyt with a fine comb. Now our shyt ain't got to be perfect it just got to be white.

But fukk the Oscars. If anyone is old enough to remember when Malcolm X came out you know what time it is. If that black movie that was as perfect as a film can be does not get an Oscar no black film can. Unless that shyt is a modern day Amous and Andy or some Birth of a Nation type of shyt.

Back in the early 90s Willie Dee said fukk a Grammy....well it is 2015 and I say fukk a Oscar.