Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Movie was dope... NWA was blowing up when i was coming out the womb so it was dope to see some hip hop history...
Much funnier than i expected too :russ: The wet and wild party :whew:
Worth seeing in theaters, that runtime was killer tho, almost got up cause i had to piss

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
There was an Asian dude there alone with a backpack, me and the black guy next to me had our eyes on him...who brings a backpack to the damn movies at 9pm :jbhmm:

i ain't come to the movie to die :damn:

A backpack shouldn't even be allowed in the theaters. :dahell:Their security is some shyt :pachaha:

But then again, you dont even need a backpack to shoot up a theater nowadays :mjcry:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
The movie lived up to the hype for me.....4.25/5 The first half was flawless and highly entertaining. It started to lose steam towards the later half after the fight scene with Ruthless and The Lynch Mob. Whenever the timeline went into "1993"...Thats when they shoulda jumped right into Eazy vs Dre. Instead the focus was on Cube writing Friday, Dre's problems with Death Row and Eazy having financial/health issues. I know I'm just nitpicking and shyt, but those scenes should had just been a montage leading up to the last scene.
I didn't mind Snoop being in it (even though the nikka look like Kurupt)...2 Pac tho? :patrice:

Thats my RIP GOAT but it woulda been cool if he wasn't in it. The scene with him is a glaring flaw that was only done to appease the fans...should have been a bonus feature on blueray. The best scene had to been when NWA was hearing No Vaseline for the first time.

I feel like if I didn't know so much about NWA, I would had enjoyed it more lol but in the end I was satisfied that it turned out good. I was hoping that it wouldn't be wack like Notorious. If I was to rank the performances it would go

1.Eazy E
2.Jerry Heller
3.Ice Cube
4.Yella
5.Dre
6.Suge
7.MC Ren
8.Snoop

The actor that played Eazy did an amazing job. He really captured his persona and brought him back to life.
The nikka that played Yella lowkey killed it tho....He had me laughing throughout the damn movie :laff:

Ren was pretty much mute throughout the whole movie...He was just there

Dre going around one piecing nikkas would just comedy :laugh:

But I enjoyed the movie and plan on going back sometime this week :thumbsup:

Last edited:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
I really like the part where Eazy E grinned/smiled to break the cold war at Ice Cube in the nightclub. It was a good touch to have those two have that type of interaction. That's solid acting and mature writing allowing the character to show some depth. Veeeeeeeeeey Goooooood <said to the "way up" beat>

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Why didn't they show when Dre got shot? They could've cut out one of his scenes with the white bish and showed that instead.
Speaking of that...MC Ren got shot in the leg not too long before he joined NWA.

That could have been his opening scene instead of him just sitting there with Eazy while Eazy talks with Dre.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Just finished watching, movie was dope :pachaha:

I only wished they put the Eazy - Dre battle in this movie, as both there diss records was :mjlol:

:ohhh: at Cube writing the entire script for Friday by himself, I always thought a team of writers creates the dialogue for actors in movies.

The final scene Jelly Heller - Eazy shared was :wow:

Also those cop scenes was pretty intense :lupe:

Loved the fact they had "Flavor in ya ear" playing in the club just to have a touch of East Coast Hip Hop in the movie :win:

Dope film overall.