What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
na
just some of these posts...
:mjlol:
fukkin theater detectives and shyt

The crazy thing about it is, I know enough older black folks who probably have harsher words and feelings for NWA than white people I know. Let's not forget it was a lot of black people who said "we're not against rap, we're not against rappers..."

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The crazy thing about it is, I know enough older black folks who probably have harsher words and feelings for NWA than white people I know. Let's not forget it was a lot of black people who said "we're not against rap, we're not against rappers..."
fam... im from New York City
there are still people a lil older than me that will STILL tell you NWA was the start of what ruined hip hop :deadmanny:
some have pretty good arguments
but you cant slight some brothers bringing bullshyt to light
na
fukk that

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
fam... im from New York City
there are still people a lil older than me that will STILL tell you NWA was the start of what ruined hip hop :deadmanny:
some have pretty good arguments
but you cant slight some brothers bringing bullshyt to light
na
fukk that

I wasn't even thinking of that but you're right. I was thinking about the older black people I know who still say it's not music and it's terrible and it objectifies women and they shouldn't be glorified etc etc

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They were in the crowd in the theater I saw. Really didn't give a shyt lol. Glad everyone enjoyed the movie:whoknows:
It was a mix of people in the theater that I went to but not anything that would make me take notice.
Now when I went to see The Help the theater was probably 95% white and old which made me do a double take.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was a mix of people in the theater that I went to but not anything that would make me take notice.
Now when I went to see The Help the theater was probably 95% white and old which made me do a double take.

I saw some but truth be told I really didn't give a shyt. I paid to see the movie I really don't care who else does. Not my business not my money

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I saw some but truth be told I really didn't give a shyt. I paid to see the movie I really don't care who else does. Not my business not my money
Yeah, as much as I noticed it was a pretty normal crowd to see Straight Outta Compton. Same mix as when I saw Mission Impossible actually.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, as much as I noticed it was a pretty normal crowd to see Straight Outta Compton. Same mix as when I saw Mission Impossible actually.

I think it also depends on where you are. I live in a predominantly black county but it's very racially diverse even though we are the dominant race so it's nothing to see blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, etc all together, watching the same stuff, laughing at the same stuff or listening to the same music

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People complain about the guy who played Snoop.
CMsjyDEWIAA7KhR.png

But people are forgetting what Snoop looked like when he first got with Dre.
productimage-picture-snoop-dogg-signed-autograph-8-x10-photo-death-row-8867.jpg

Why complain about the guy not looking exactly like Snoop? The guys who played Eazy and Dre didnt look exact either. The were just given more time to "become the character"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
for people in here who saw the movie with white people in the crowd... like, do you watch them and shyt? like keep a close eye on one particular white muthafukka or just scan the crowd? and if you do... why you care what these white muthafukkas think or feel?
There was an Asian dude there alone with a backpack, me and the black guy next to me had our eyes on him...who brings a backpack to the damn movies at 9pm :jbhmm:

i ain't come to the movie to die :damn:

Daps
for people in here who saw the movie with white people in the crowd... like, do you watch them and shyt? like keep a close eye on one particular white muthafukka or just scan the crowd? and if you do... why you care what these white muthafukkas think or feel?

I'm in Boston, so, um, yea there were plenty of white folks. I couldn't care less. Directly in front of us was a white couple that had to be 60+ and the chick I was with kept saying "why the fukk are they here? What made them want to see this?:wtf:" I told her, "NWA is more far-reaching than you currently comprehend :myman:"
We went Thursday, and being opening night, I kept telling her we gotta get there early to make sure we got decent seats cuz there's a ton of hype around this...well it ended up not being packed so she gave me a lot of shyt for that...I sent her box office updates all weekend long :jawalrus:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Dude who played Easy e was very good. Dude was funny and charismatic. Cubes son did good, he looked more and more like his dad as the film went on. Guy who played suge was aight. Wasn't big enough imo. Looked a little too old. Yella was funny and Ren didn't get enough shine. Especially during the concert scenes. Maybe I'm forgetting if they showed him spittin a verse at one of the shows.
I feel like if Yella had a bigger part he coulda fucced around and stole the show lol