Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I loved it. Some small nitpicks that I can live with but I expected that. I'm gonna go see it again this week. The audience at my theatre were laughing, crying, rapping along to the songs, etc. We all clapped and gave a standing ovation at the end. I don't think one person left disappointed.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
I will say,...I completely forgot how vicious Ren was on the mic :damn:
When he stepped in the booth :merchant:
He was a force, and yes if it was him in a movie about them without his input I'd be mad as hell too.
What's the beef with him, Dre and Cube these days ?
He had NO say in an NWA movie :dwillhuh:
Man they did play him hard in the movie only 1 scene of him rapping and in the other scenes he was in he'd say "This is Bullshyt!" then this nikka leaves I swear he did it like 4 or 5 times in the movie.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I wondered this....I know it seems like I'm nitpicking but I'm a sucker for details

Suge had hair up until about 1993....yet he's shown in 89 with a baldy

This first picture is from the Death Row Launch party at Chasens in 1992

chasenssuge.jpg

1300x731

I just wonder how directors decide to take artistic license when making these films......I mean, they showed Snoop without hair but not Suge. Obviously most people wouldn't know Suge with hair being that a bald head with a beard has been his trademark.....but it just seems like the type of thing that should have some consistency.

Doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the film.....but I am one of those people who watches, listens, studies things and really pays attention to the details so I can't help but notice.
most people, remember snoop with no hair....well the 30+ club. Suge wasn't "all in the video" like that and became an iconic figure after being bald....most people don't remember him with hair, even the old heads. I don't think that's a detail worth clocking, especially when there are so many timeline inaccuracies and story revisions as is.

Lol at the club owner, did people really think that purple rain ready for the world jheri curl look was going to last
did nikkaz think xxxl clothes and zig zag cornrows was gonna last forever? :usure: people just rolling with the look of the time.

Man they did play him hard in the movie only 1 scene of him rapping and in the other scenes he was in he'd say "This is Bullshyt!" then this nikka leaves I swear he did it like 4 or 5 times in the movie.
yea, that was bullshyt :lolbron:

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
2w594s6.jpg

The long awaited, highly anticipated N.W.A. biopic film Straight Outta Compton was released in theaters nationwide last night, and all eyes seemed to be one the film that has been surrounded with so much hype and even controversy. One person that was paying extra close attention to the film was Eazy E’s daughter, a singer/songwriter herself, who goes by the stage name E.B.

Earlier today, she took to Instagram to give some of her thoughts on the film. β€œA LOT of Eazy-E’s storyline was missing but that’s okay because I’m producing a documentary that will show EVERYTHING including his death,” she posted. β€œA lot of β€œDeath Row” story in what was the β€œN.W.A.” story .. They don’t show that my dad went to court and still made money off of Death Row,” she added.

Overall her opinion of the film was positive as she noted, β€œLast but not least … The acting in Straight Outta Compton is absolutely INCREDIBLE ! So proud of ALL the guys.”

Eazy-E's Daughter Weighs In On Twitter

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Eazy son E3 also speaks on the film

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Dude who played Easy e was very good. Dude was funny and charismatic. Cubes son did good, he looked more and more like his dad as the film went on. Guy who played suge was aight. Wasn't big enough imo. Looked a little too old. Yella was funny and Ren didn't get enough shine. Especially during the concert scenes. Maybe I'm forgetting if they showed him spittin a verse at one of the shows.