Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:what:

My G....have you ever BEEN to South Central? Seriously.....you think "ghetto" ONLY means dilapidated buildings and blight?
im not tryna dawg nobody out on some sneak shyt
but I REMEMBER when i was younger and we had these conversations
muthafukkas in Cali
sunshine and shyt
i was in the projects
buildings upon buildings
uncle a crackhead
older brother clockin
call the elevator and see junkies layin in that bytch
then have to take the steps 11 floors down see teenage muthafukkas who gave up offer you dope, brown, etc etc
that shyt was REAL!

now the gang shyt and the police shyt
LA got that
but NYC close quarters
its too easy to get swallowed up in that shyt

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The should have added the Dr Dre vs Eazy E beef
I mean you are only leaving out some of the more iconic diss songs ever but that's what Director's cuts are for
Ultimately I think Dre didn't want people questioning him too much since Real Muthafukkin Gs is a stark contrast to how Dre was portrayed in the movie

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I'm sure 20 Years from now people will be saying the same about skinny jeans and all the other effeminate shyt these men are rocking nowadays...
Actually all of a sudden it's trendy to look like it's 1991 all of a sudden, you see what those kids were wearing in dope? History tends to repeat it self

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
muthafukkas in Cali
sunshine and shyt
i was in the projects
buildings upon buildings
uncle a crackhead
older brother clockin
then have to take the steps 11 floors down see teenage muthafukkas who gave up offer you dope, brown, etc etc
that shyt was REAL!

LA got that
but NYC close quarters

That's true but just because you live in a house doesn't mean you don't live in a ghetto or a part of town where no one wants to go to especially if that part of town has consistent drivebys, dope dealers, etc all out in the sunshine. You've seen colors right?

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That's true but just because you live in a house doesn't mean you don't live in a ghetto or a part of town where no one wants to go to especially if that part of town has consistent drivebys, dope dealers, etc all out in the sunshine. You've seen colors right?
na i know
just always thought it was crazy that California of all places was fukked up like that
not a diss
just was surprised
shyt was crazy

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
muthafukkas in Cali
sunshine and shyt
i was in the projects
buildings upon buildings
uncle a crackhead
older brother clockin
that shyt was REAL!

LA got that
but NYC close quarters

I virtually grew up in The Bronx (West Farms) and Harlem in my teens, so I'm already knowin' and I see where you would be coming from.

But yeah....anyone who spends some time in South Central (my aunt lives in Lynwood) can attest to the fact that it's "ghetto" as all get out.

Don't let the manicured, fenced-in yards and sunshine fool ya, dawggie. It's extremely real in the field.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I virtually grew up in The Bronx (West Farms) and Harlem in my teens, so I'm already knowin' and I see where you would be coming from.

But yeah....anyone who spends some time in South Central (my aunt lives in Lynwood) can attest to the fact that it's "ghetto" as all get out.

Don't let the manicured, fenced-in yards and sunshine fool ya, dawggie. It's extremely real in the field.
i wasnt tryna disrespect
just you know when you was younger (if you old enough to remember) that express yourself video
and some of the movies
you know...
alotta new yorkers who havent been there had that mindset like "what yall so upset about? you livin in paradise!" but of course its not like that

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i wasnt tryna disrespect
just you know when you was younger (if you old enough to remember) that express yourself video
and some of the movies
you know...
alotta new yorkers who havent been there had that mindset like "what yall so upset about? you livin in paradise!" but of course its not like that

Yup I know exactly what you mean. "It can't be that bad, you nikkas exaggerating." Then you get there and realize it's not that bad, it's worse.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Homie..I'm queens to the core but have you been to some parts of south central LA? Ghetto doesn't just mean tenement buildings and bombed out buildings.

Yup

Said that when the project was announced. Academy has a hard on for biopics, especially ones about musicians..and it's socially relevant and now it would be a way to reward universal for the incredible year they're having. If they don't fumble the campaign, it could be a contender
Plus all the backlash of how white the oscars were last year

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
muthafukkas in Cali
sunshine and shyt
i was in the projects
buildings upon buildings
uncle a crackhead
older brother clockin
that shyt was REAL!

LA got that
but NYC close quarters
we got more space than yall. yall had 4 blocks of high rises, we have 4x4 miles of hood. the hood is the hood regardless of how it's laid out. i don't know why this is even a conversation in 2015