Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
@mastermind mentioned he and his girl noticed the women characters weren't actual characters and were just kinda stereotypes or caricatures , like Dre's mom for example. I agreed and we both said it was probably due to just scenes being cut since dre has mentioned how important his mom was and there are scenes with he and Nicole that are cut from the movie. @Weedizmedicine disagrees with some of the points and here we are
i was just arguing that their contributions weren't anymore important than some of the male cameo's
and he low key agreed with me but pointed out that that wasn't really the point he was trying to make so now i'm like :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:comeon:

You reaching...especially when you posted them Ice Cube clips.
i already talked about it with them, but if you want to talk something too i've meaning to ask someone a question.

i got this scab next to my nipple that never seems to go away, every year or so it falls off then scabs up again.
should i see a doctor about it?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No offense, but regardless of how these women influenced them, the audience doesn't care, maybe there could be more tomica since she sort of has developed infamy of her own after eazy passing, but there is enough stuff left out and fukking mc ren doesn't even have a storyline, if they felt he wasn't important enough to develop, someone real fans know, why the fukk were these background women supposed to get longer arcs? Sorry mastermind, but your girl is complaining for naught.

YouGots2Chill

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Chillout! Music Imprint Record Label
They played my fav dogg pound song in the backround "What Would You Do" but no characters to portray them lol?? I felt like dj quik shoulda been in it as well! Eazy-e was gonna sign quik for a million dollars and quik was around everything at that time including the death row days. Quik never gets his shine lol, Then again you can fit everything in the movie which is why they also cut out scenes that were only in the trailer, directors cut for the blu-ray/DVD???. Overall i liked it but i gotta watch it again cause the audience in the theatre were acting crazy and being hella disrespectful.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I have to watch this again. I think I'm done going to theatres that serve liquor. I proceeded to get fukked up and missed damn near half the movie

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I wondered this....I know it seems like I'm nitpicking but I'm a sucker for details

Suge had hair up until about 1993....yet he's shown in 89 with a baldy

This first picture is from the Death Row Launch party at Chasens in 1992

chasenssuge.jpg

1300x731

I just wonder how directors decide to take artistic license when making these films......I mean, they showed Snoop without hair but not Suge. Obviously most people wouldn't know Suge with hair being that a bald head with a beard has been his trademark.....but it just seems like the type of thing that should have some consistency.

Doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the film.....but I am one of those people who watches, listens, studies things and really pays attention to the details so I can't help but notice.

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Good movie but I wish they just didn't put Snoop in it at all. How the fukk did they get some nikka who's like a foot shorter and who neither looks or sounds anything like him to play him? This is worse casting than Anthony Mackie as 2pac. It shouldn't even bother me as he was in the movie for like 20 seconds but it was just so blatantly bad...