Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
my mans was chillin earlier watchin this Strain shyt with me and had to remind me that they clowned the NYC kids the stu-jo :snoop:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Man they did play him hard in the movie only 1 scene of him rapping and in the other scenes he was in he'd say "This is Bullshyt!" then this nikka leaves I swear he did it like 4 or 5 times in the movie.
I peeped them referring to him as the lil nikka ren, on a couple of occasions as if he was a junior member or something, treated bruh like the like the lil homie the whole movie.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Man that No Vaseline scene was just as I figured it went down in real life...There was nothing they could do...:mjlol: @ Yella tho
I always imagine it being like that whenever a rapper gets dissed hard on a track. nikkas sitting around the stereo like :ohhh:
:sadcam:
Ice cube basically killed ruthless records and ended Hellers hip hop management career.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I was on IMDB, and just saw Thomas Jones (former NFL RB) was in this movie, but I forgot who he played.
Was he the dude who showed up at Jerry's house, or the dude that they had stripped down at Death Row's Office?

I thought that was him when I was watching it in the theater.. but thought nah couldn't be him. It was definitely the scene at Jerry's house.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Saw it last night with my homies and my girl LOVED it man..

- First half was definitely classic. The second half is great too but the little inconsistencies started to get a tad bit glaring if you love Hip Hop culture and have know the general story of the "fall" of NWA

- Casting was top notch, what I love about biopics are those moments where the actors embody the role so completely you forget that their "acting". When Cube was recording No Vaseline, that wasn't his son, that was fukking CUBE to me. When Dre and Easy were having that last phone conversation before he got sick and were patching things up , that felt like an ACTUAL Dre and Easy conversation. Easy's actor deserves some SERIOUS award consideration, he knocked it out of the PARK but Cube should be nothing but proud of his son, and all of them put in fantastic work

- I loved all of the "little" things they added in for authenticity like DOC being around and being a writing contributor, the mentions of Above The Law and Bone Thugs, Cube not being a super thug but being extremely perceptive and intelligent and nobody's bytch. Dre's time with the World Class Wrecking Crew, etc.

- The secondary characters all played their parts well. The actor who played Snoop looked like Kurupt (another audience member who obviously was in the know said so out loud) but he sounded JUST like Snoop. 2Pac got the loudest audience reaction and when Dre played California Love EVERYBODY went wild. I understand completely why they shoehorned him in. You can tell that the world is READY for a Pac biopic...

- Favorite scenes were the "No Vaseline" part, "bye Felicia", The group doing fukk The Police, Cube SONNING that reporter, and Easy's first boys in the hood recording.

- At first I wasn't really seeing all of the "super Dr. Dre" hate that was going around. I felt like the first half was a reasonable portrayal of how Dre might act coming up in Compton. He couldn't be no bytch in that time period. I was ready to chalk it up to the standard Coli exaggeration....

BUT THEN....

Dr fukking Dre went into a room with Suge and a bunch of killers and gangsta's and went Super Saiyan:mjlol: From that moment I completely understood what the Coli had been saying. That scene bordered on absolutely ridiculous and looked like a parody.

- the ending was appropriately sad. Once again Easy's actor shined. I did NOT like the movie portraying Easy as going broke and back to selling drugs when that was 100% NOT true. You can still show Jerry Heller being an evil Jew and stealing without having to fabricate a falsehood of Easy losing everything when, not only did he maintain a portion of Dre's publishing rights but he had Bone Thugs, Above The Law and even MC Ren putting out successful material under Ruthless.

Overall I'd give it 9/10. Excellent movie with good direction and OUTSTANDING performances.

Quick question for those who know better than me. The scene where Ice Cube fukks up the record office with Lench Mob, did that incident happen in real life?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Lol at the club owner, did people really think that purple rain ready for the world jheri curl look was going to last

I'm sure 20 Years from now people will be saying the same about skinny jeans and all the other effeminate shyt these men are rocking nowadays...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah that part is just fukked up. I wonder who's idea it was to show that...probably Dre. He was making money off the Chronic, why would he cry at the billboard?

I thought Easy was crying tears of joy, like he was happy for Dres success. He had a smile while he teared up.

As far as Ren goes, I didn't think they did him that dirty. He was never as big as Cube. They made it a point to show that Ren had bars too and I felt that they portrayed NWA post Cube as still putting out great material.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i might catch heat or whatever
i fux with NWA and all them muthafukkas in Cali
but that shyt aint no muthafukkin ghetto
i never understood that
its fukked up yeah but.... na

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
i never understood that

:what:

My G....have you ever BEEN to South Central? Seriously.....you think "ghetto" ONLY means dilapidated buildings and blight?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i never understood that

Homie..I'm queens to the core but have you been to some parts of south central LA? Ghetto doesn't just mean tenement buildings and bombed out buildings.

Saw it last night with my homies and my girl LOVED it man..

- First half was definitely classic. The second half is great too but the little inconsistencies started to get a tad bit glaring if you love Hip Hop culture and have know the general story of the "fall" of NWA

- Casting was top notch, what I love about biopics are those moments where the actors embody the role so completely you forget that their "acting". When Cube was recording No Vaseline, that wasn't his son, that was fukking CUBE to me. When Dre and Easy were having that last phone conversation before he got sick and were patching things up , that felt like an ACTUAL Dre and Easy conversation. Easy's actor deserves some SERIOUS award consideration, he knocked it out of the PARK but Cube should be nothing but proud of his son, and all of them put in fantastic work

- I loved all of the "little" things they added in for authenticity like DOC being around and being a writing contributor, the mentions of Above The Law and Bone Thugs, Cube not being a super thug but being extremely perceptive and intelligent and nobody's bytch. Dre's time with the World Class Wrecking Crew, etc.

- The secondary characters all played their parts well. The actor who played Snoop looked like Kurupt (another audience member who obviously was in the know said so out loud) but he sounded JUST like Snoop. 2Pac got the loudest audience reaction and when Dre played California Love EVERYBODY went wild. I understand completely why they shoehorned him in. You can tell that the world is READY for a Pac biopic...

- Favorite scenes were the "No Vaseline" part, "bye Felicia", The group doing fukk The Police, Cube SONNING that reporter, and Easy's first boys in the hood recording.

- At first I wasn't really seeing all of the "super Dr. Dre" hate that was going around. I felt like the first half was a reasonable portrayal of how Dre might act coming up in Compton. He couldn't be no bytch in that time period. I was ready to chalk it up to the standard Coli exaggeration....

BUT THEN....

Dr fukking Dre went into a room with Suge and a bunch of killers and gangsta's and went Super Saiyan:mjlol: From that moment I completely understood what the Coli had been saying. That scene bordered on absolutely ridiculous and looked like a parody.

- the ending was appropriately sad. Once again Easy's actor shined. I did NOT like the movie portraying Easy as going broke and back to selling drugs when that was 100% NOT true. You can still show Jerry Heller being an evil Jew and stealing without having to fabricate a falsehood of Easy losing everything when, not only did he maintain a portion of Dre's publishing rights but he had Bone Thugs, Above The Law and even MC Ren putting out successful material under Ruthless.

Overall I'd give it 9/10. Excellent movie with good direction and OUTSTANDING performances.

Quick question for those who know better than me. The scene where Ice Cube fukks up the record office with Lench Mob, did that incident happen in real life?

Yup

Said that when the project was announced. Academy has a hard on for biopics, especially ones about musicians..and it's socially relevant and now it would be a way to reward universal for the incredible year they're having. If they don't fumble the campaign, it could be a contender