Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you mean Nicole, the women he married a year after the movie ended?
her whole appearance in the film was inaccurate as he was dating michel'le an r&b singer from 1990-1996. she later married suge knight.

his current wife of 20 years wasn't even there during that whole period the movie is set in.

Nicole is in the movie breh. The movie had no problem fudging timelines because according to the movie, Pac was recording Hail Mary in 94/95 when he wasn't and didn't start working with Dre until he got out of jail in 95. And Nicole is the chick he met at the party and the one he asked to move in with him but she knew about Deathrow's rep and was hesitant to do so. The timeline is all over the place for the movie breh and there's no mention of Miche'le in the flick or even a sighting. He goes from his first baby moms to Nicole and they live happily ever after

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
you think Ice Cube is mushing his wife, mom, and daughter?

Michel'le wasnt in this movie tho?

Dre's current wife was featured and there was and she was a big reason he left Death Row.
his current wife wasn't even there in real life until after the events of the movie.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
his current wife wasn't even there in real life until after the events of the movie.
but Tupac was in the movie doing "Hail Mary" and hearing the "California Love" beat for the first time which we all know is inaccurate.

The movie didnt care about timelines. Why cant you just accept they did a poor job portraying the women in their lives?

I love the movie but its a valid critique.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nicole is in the movie breh. The movie had no problem fudging timelines because according to the movie, Pac was recording Hail Mary in 94/95 when he wasn't and didn't start working with Dre until he got out of jail in 95. And Nicole is the chick he met at the party and the one he asked to move in with him but she knew about Deathrow's rep and was hesitant to do so. The timeline is all over the place for the movie breh and there's no mention of Miche'le in the flick or even a sighting. He goes from his first baby moms to Nicole and they live happily ever after
so you're mad that they didn't include some more shyt that didn't actually happen between 1986 -1996?
they only added the 2pac scene because test audiences complained that he wasn't in the movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but Tupac was in the movie doing "Hail Mary" and hearing the "California Love" beat for the first time.

The movie didnt care about timelines. Why cant you just accept they did a poor job portraying the women in their lives?

And again, here's the chick who played Nicole

Elena-Goode-Straight-Outta-Compton-Movie-Premiere-Microsoft-Theater-Los-Angeles-California-August-10-2015.jpg

He may not have met her until 96 or married her until then but she was definitely in the movie in the one telling him why it was unsafe to move in with him

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
but Tupac was in the movie doing "Hail Mary" and hearing the "California Love" beat for the first time which we all know is inaccurate.

they added that 2pac scene at the last minute because test audiences complained about him not being in the movie.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
And again, here's the chick who played Nicole

Elena-Goode-Straight-Outta-Compton-Movie-Premiere-Microsoft-Theater-Los-Angeles-California-August-10-2015.jpg

He may not have met her until 96 or married her until then but she was definitely in the movie in the one telling him why it was unsafe to move in with him
still doesn't change the fact that she had no influence in his life at that time.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
so you're mad that they didn't include some more shyt that didn't actually happen between 1986 -1996?
they only added the 2pac seen because test audiences complained that he wasn't in the movie.

Homie I'm not mad lol I'm making the point that they didn't care about timelines in the latter half of the movie. They mixed and matched things in order to tell the story they wanted to tell, which happens all of the time with biopics. Whether it be because someone complained about the lack of a character being there or someone said "I want this person to be in the movie" that's what happened

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
that doesnt change the point I made.
the point you made is invalid because she actually had no part of his life during the events of this film. which means her portrayal, if anything, is too much in this film rather than not enough as you said.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Homie I'm not mad lol I'm making the point that they didn't care about timelines in the latter half of the movie. They mixed and matched things in order to tell the story they wanted to tell, which happens all of the time with biopics. Whether it be because someone complained about the lack of a character being there or someone said "I want this person to be in the movie" that's what happened
the main out of sequence thing was the tupac scene and that was explained. any other timeline issues were more for pacing than anything else.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
still doesn't change the fact that she had no influence in his life at that time.

But..she did in the movie:russ: that's the point breh. This man asked her to move in with him and she said she's hesitant to do so because of the record label he's on and the stuff he's a part of and that her son is the most important person in her life and his safety. Dre then goes to the studio and sees all the debauchery and all of a sudden he gets a change of heart about all of it, gets into a fist fight and then gets into a high speed chase and then arrested. Which I'm sure would be followed by that scene in the trailer with him talking to her while he's locked up and telling her that things are going to be different and he's going to change, etc.

I'm not and I don't believe @mastermind is arguing that she had a big impact on his life THEN, we're arguing that she, and women like her, like his moms, had a big impact on his life period. And since it was more than likely Dre who wanted her character to be included in the movie knowing damn well she wasn't a part of his life in the early 90s, that probably means he wanted her importance to be shown on screen.

Again, no one is saying it takes away from the movie in a huge way, it's just a critique that he noticed, I noticed, and his girl noticed and I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones. Doesn't mean it's a bad movie, it's just a simple critique. Whether it be Nicole, Tamika, or Dre's mom, the women characters weren't allowed to be characters as much as they were caricatures or just stereotypes of women in film. It's not the first movie to do it and it won't be the last

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
the point you made is invalid because she actually had no part of his life during the events of this film. which means her portrayal, if anything, is too much in this film rather than not enough as you said.
but Tupac is there.

And Eazy E thinks he is having asthma issues in real life, but in the movie he faints while attempting to record a new NWA album?

I dont get why you are fighting this point so hard? You first went from "they dont treat any bytches with respect" and suggested that Ice Cube commits acts of violence against his wife and daughter to now, "its not in the timeline" when a lot of the events in this movie were not in the timeline.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
But..she did in the movie:russ: that's the point breh. This man asked her to move in with him and she said she's hesitant to do so because of the record label he's on and the stuff he's a part of and that her son is the most important person in her life and his safety. Dre then goes to the studio and sees all the debauchery and all of a sudden he gets a change of heart about all of it, gets into a fist fight and then gets into a high speed chase and then arrested. Which I'm sure would be followed by that scene in the trailer with him talking to her while he's locked up and telling her that things are going to be different and he's going to change, etc.

I'm not and I don't believe @mastermind is arguing that she had a big impact on his life THEN, we're arguing that she, and women like her, like his moms, had a big impact on his life period. And since it was more than likely Dre who wanted her character to be included in the movie knowing damn well she wasn't a part of his life in the early 90s, that probably means he wanted her importance to be shown on screen
so then her appearance shouldn't have warranted anymore tupac and snoops did in the movie.
still begs the question why you would think she needed to be included more.