Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i think nas time is illmatic is a superior hip hop movie. and it is a documentary.

dramatic biopics are inferior in my opinion. cater to ignorant people.

@Brons Barber ignoramus

Eh, I think it's an apples to orange comparison...documentaries are for the most part are used to inform...biopics..not so much.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't like how they let Jerry Heller off the hook so easy. He must have had some influence on the movie because they really made him seem like he wasn't a crook. That last scene with him and Eazy was disgusting.
I felt it made him look like a snake. Those managers will lie and smile to the very end if they see money to be made.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Didn't like how they let Jerry Heller off the hook so easy. He must have had some influence on the movie because they really made him seem like he wasn't a crook. That last scene with him and Eazy was disgusting.

How'd they make it seem like he wasn't a crook?? They made it pretty clear that the only way they'd get back together is without him, they made it pretty clear he was screwing them over. Just because the character had an explanation for his actions doesn't mean the movie justified it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They gave him that "I looked out for myself but I always took care of you" reprieve. They even made sure he repeated it twice.

Yeah it was obvious as hell that only HE believed that breh. He repeated it twice because he was stammering and looking for a lifeboat

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it was obvious as hell that only HE believed that breh. He repeated it twice because he was stammering and looking for a lifeboat
I could be looking at it all wrong, that's just what it seemed like to me. I was just looking for the movie to bash him a little harder

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I could be looking at it all wrong, that's just what it seemed like to me. I was just looking for the movie to bash him a little harder

I think the movie did a good enough job with that. That scene where Eazy clearly had him dead to rights, the scenes with cube and Dre about him and the fact that they all said they'd get back together if he's not in the picture really illustrated that he was the one with the hand in the cookie jar and that Eazy wasn't as smart as he thought he was and that jerry wasn't as down as he thought he was. Just because he believed his own bull doesn't mean everyone else did or should and to me, the movie makes that justification very clear. Everyone is the hero in their own story so of course he'd believe he was doing the right thing.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I think the movie did a good enough job with that. That scene where Eazy clearly had him dead to rights, the scenes with cube and Dre about him and the fact that they all said they'd get back together if he's not in the picture really illustrated that he was the one with the hand in the cookie jar and that Eazy wasn't as smart as he thought he was and that jerry wasn't as down as he thought he was. Just because he believed his own bull doesn't mean everyone else did or should and to me, the movie makes that justification very clear. Everyone is the hero in their own story so of course he'd believe he was doing the right thing.
Agreed.

And like Ice Cube said I think they were fair to Jerry.

They showed he was snake,but also in that last scene with Jerry and Eazy,it appeared Jerry liked Eazy. Whether it was real or not,Jerry has been talking about Eazy as if he were his son or some shyt the past 2 decades.:patrice:

Damn that was a great scene :wow: