Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Can't wait for the Jay-Z Biopic where he loses 92 Bricks and lives to tell the story, Guru unleashes the flutes as Hov completely disregards any existence of Jaz-O, Calvin "Klein" Bacote, & Dehaven; blows up and sells millions of albums rapping, on nothing but his own sheer God given talent, knocks out Beanie Sigel in disgust from constantly getting in trouble, never takes any of Biggie's lines, he unanimously defeats NaSir Jones in a rap battle because Ether doesn't exist, & takes credit for all of Dame Dash's contributions to the success of Roc-a-fella Records (such as signing Kanye to be a rapper & running the business for example) all while portraying Dame as nothing more than a loud mouth, obnoxious, vain, dancing buffoon who could never avoid ruining business relationships by placing his foot in his mouth...............................all while going on to become the greatest rapper and businessman hip hop has ever seen.

Last edited:

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Great movie....I don't get the 2pac time line hate tho. I thought it was well known that pac recorded a lot songs but didn't get released until he died so we don't know when exactly he recorded that song. And he could have recorded California love and released a while after

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Man, reading what you guys are saying about the Dre nonsense in the film is not making me want to see this. I'm not a fan of biopics in general because there's always revisionist history or things not being adequately covered.

Don't get it twisted It's worth seeing, the 1st half is amazing, it has many great moments but the movie goes to shyt after the break up. A lot of us are perhaps (overly) critical because that's an era we grew up on and it was disappointing to see things covered in such a biased manner while not covering so very key components......The acting is very good. If you're hip hop fan you should see it but it has obvious, glaring flaws if you're pretty knowledgable of that era.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Great movie....I don't get the 2pac time line hate tho. I thought it was well known that pac recorded a lot songs but didn't get released until he died so we don't know when exactly he recorded that song. And he could have recorded California love and released a while after
we know exactly when he recorded 7 day theory songs and we know exactly when he was on death row.. and eazy wasnt alive at that time

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
For almost no reason, I can discern, except a sloppy written script (or at least one with glaring flaws) they had 2Pac, not a year off, not 2 years off.....but about 3 years off, and anyone who is more then a strictly casual Pac fan...Pac was doing 'Me Against The World' in 1994.....Not recording '7 Day Theory' w/ Johnny J and Suge Knight and the Mob Piru's, thats all post Quad Studios shooting, circa 1995/1996...And it has been said numerous times 'Makivelli' was recorded in the months before his death....it was just a throwaway scene...If you had Pac at all, make it a meaningful scene, or just leave it out....When Pac recorded 'Hail Mary' he was already on that 'gay ass Dre' shyt lol....

The short answer is all the Death Row scenes, or almost all were rushed and served only to provide a narrative character arc for Dre.....The movies closing scenes and subsequent Interscope/Apple PR were cringeworthy and insulting....the longer answer would be much of the films general narrative served as a rewriting of history and a not accurate, but effective way for Dre to set the record straight....I mean, the Pac scene established Dre as Pac's peer, and someone he respected, then propped Dre up again as standing up to Suge and MOB, to protect Pac and his work ethic....

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, reading what you guys are saying about the Dre nonsense in the film is not making me want to see this. I'm not a fan of biopics in general because there's always revisionist history or things not being adequately covered.

This is a must see. Right after the opening scene I hit the:banderas: and knew I wasn't gonna be disappointed. The Dre stuff was laughable at times, but it doesn't ruin the movie.

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
It's a movie.. It is just entertainment..

You idiots always have to nitpick the smallest shyt..

'ohh I'm not watching cause Dre's character aint right.. Boo hoo.. '

If theae crackers weren' t co-signing SOC, you c00ns wouldn't even support like y'all never supported 'Notorious'

Black cast, black director, black producers go watch and shut the fukk up

YouGots2Chill

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Chillout! Music Imprint Record Label
Just got out the movie and liked it alot but i had this sloppy ass bytch 2 seats next to me that was piggin out on her popcorn, shaking her fukking ice in her drink, tapping her dam feet and talking to her man during the movie!! i aint been to the theatre in years and this is what i get?? lol. I wish i had eazy-e's AK so i can tell her to SHUT THE fukk UP, ANYWAYS!!!! My main point for this post is. They cut out the fukking part from the trailer where eazy tries to bring that big ass gun into the tour bus. Anyone else trip off this?? i didnt realize till 20min after i left and thats the part i wanted to see. They better add this on the DVD is thats the case!

**i said a restaurant earlier, it was a tour bus MY BAD LOL**

Last edited:

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
Call me an apologist. But the last scene with Dre and Suge "could've" possibly happened like we saw in the film. Maybe that's how that particular conversation went down.

If Suge knew that the masters were in Dre's house, that could've been the only reason not give him a severe beat down right there on the spot.

Eazy sued Suge and them after his beat down and got major percentages off the Chronic and Doggy Style and who knows what else.

Suppose Suge's goons did beat Dre in the office, I'm quite sure another lawsuit against Death Row would've been filed shortly after.

Daps
For almost no reason, I can discern, except a sloppy written script (or at least one with glaring flaws) they had 2Pac, not a year off, not 2 years off.....but about 3 years off, and anyone who is more then a strictly casual Pac fan...Pac was doing 'Me Against The World' in 1994.....Not recording '7 Day Theory' w/ Johnny J and Suge Knight and the Mob Piru's, thats all post Quad Studios shooting, circa 1995/1996...And it has been said numerous times 'Makivelli' was recorded in the months before his death....it was just a throwaway scene...If you had Pac at all, make it a meaningful scene, or just leave it out....When Pac recorded 'Hail Mary' he was already on that 'gay ass Dre' shyt lol....

The short answer is all the Death Row scenes, or almost all were rushed and served only to provide a narrative character arc for Dre.....The movies closing scenes and subsequent Interscope/Apple PR were cringeworthy and insulting....the longer answer would be much of the films general narrative served as a rewriting of history and a not accurate, but effective way for Dre to set the record straight....I mean, the Pac scene established Dre as Pac's peer, and someone he respected, then propped Dre up again as standing up to Suge and MOB, to protect Pac and his work ethic....

:why:
Once again, Pac was only in the movie for like two fukking minutes. It was simply meant as a treat for the fans. It had absolutely no bearing on the story whatsoever...why are people drawing any kind of conclusions from it? It wasn't meant to establish Pac and Dre as "peers", or to characterize Pac's experience at Death Row at all.

It was simply meant to give the audience an "oh, shyt, there goes Pac :krs:" moment. I don't know why they chose Hail Mary, but my guess is that they felt it set the mood right, and I agree.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

The film is great for nostalgia, the music and they did a great job with the casting.

But it could've been classic if the story telling was more accurate. Dr. Dre's character is an angelic super thug who never did anything wrong but smash groupies.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The film is great for nostalgia, the music and they did a great job with the casting.

But it could've been classic if the story telling was more accurate. Dr. Dre's character is an angelic super thug who never did anything wrong but smash groupies.

For me that doesn't take anything away from the film overall but it is one of those annoyances and rush jobs. Like when he gets pulled over by the cops in a freaking high speed chance, the outcome is dropped and it would've been great to see how it played out since his girl was just giving him reasons why she's hesitant to move in with him and then he does that dumb shyt. Would've been a nice pay off but they let it go in the wind. Then Dre tells Eazy that he's not proud of his part in the bullshyt when we never saw him do anything not to be proud of:deadrose:. No "Dre Day" no nothing and I figured rather than showing Dre work on Nothin but a G thang for no reason, they should've showed him working on Dre Day

Last edited: