Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm a DJ....I've been to more concerts than most people on this form (I've also DJ'd concerts). That's literally what I do for a living. Yes seeing a concert with a packed house and everyone singing the words is great. There's no way to experience a concert or party without people. They make it.

But a movie theater is much different than a concert. People yelling, laughing, speaking, cells phones ringing, people pulling out cell phones and the lighting affecting your vision, kids running around, people walking to the bathroom can be a distraction.......Also when I went to see "Straight Outta Compton" they had armed security with guns. I don't know about you but that's not the most ideal environment for seeing a film where you want to pay attention to every little detail.

Calling a viewing of a movie "Lit" just screams I need attention and just want to be cool to me. A Party is "Lit" me sitting down to pay attention to a film, why does that need to be "Lit"?

Yes, I'm an introvert, that's not to be confused with someone who's flat out antisocial.
Yeah, I dont think you get it at all. :manny: You seem like you hate people and let petty things distract you instead of enjoying yourself.

All the best films Ive seen in theatres were half the movie,half the audience I saw it with. 30 years from now Ill remember every great experience I had watching a film in the theatre. I wont remember the times I went with 2 people in an empty theatre. Might as well stay home.

I still vivdly remember the best horror movies and comedies and the like and the theatre experience with a great crowd.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Honestly, I don't think Heller ever stole from Eazy. He didn't Suge or Puffy him. The only accounts of that is from Tomica. Everyone else was shocked when Heller was ousted. Hell, from what i remember Cube..and eventually Dre...left because Eazy was the only one making money.
BG Knocc Out also says Eazy fired Jerry after finding out he stole money

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Yeah, I dont think you get it at all. :manny: You seem like you hate people and let petty things distract you instead of enjoying yourself.

All the best films Ive seen in theatres were half the movie,half the audience I saw it with. 30 years from now Ill remember every great experience I had watching a film in the theatre. I wont remember the times I went with 2 people in an empty theatre. Might as well stay home.

I still vivdly remember the best horror movies and comedies and the like and the theatre experience with a great crowd.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I like the theater experience of the big screen & sound.....but big crowd's don't particularly do it for me or positively affect my viewing experience.

When I was younger, as a teenager I had a friend who would yell shyt at the screen and make the whole theater laugh during movies. I guess it was cool back then.....I guess now I'm more subdued and chill, I tend to avoid big crowds and things when I'm not working (djing, music, concerts, shyt like that)

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I'm sure it did but at the end of '95 and into 1996 he's still talking about how nobody is gonna stop this "gangsta shyt from comin out" and then all of a sudden he's being interviewed by MTV during the height of the east vs. west shyt and he's talkin bout how gangsta shyt is played out. In a matter of a couple months?? :manny:

You have a point...It was kinda out of nowhere.....

I remember this interview tho....maybe that it.

Kinda confirms it here too in the 1996 source article about Dre leaving death row

2qmn1ah.jpg

29wtrvn.jpg

He was at Death Row's Christmas party in 95.......

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I wish Dre wouldn't be so biased and tell the story correctly, about how he had a hand in a LOT of the fukkery.

Dre didn't hate that Wrecking Cru bullshyt he was wearing :comeon:
It wasn't just Ren dissing Cube on nikkaz4life :comeon:

How you left out Real Muthafukkin Gs :comeon:

Dre ain't outchea disciplining gang members and poppin off on nikkas left and right :comeon:
Dre didn't end his relationship with Death Row on good terms with Pac :comeon:

Good movie, but a few key moments made me feel like this movie was far too biased towards Dre

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Dre about to make his autobiography for the big screen....

He's gonna say that The Wash was as big a movie as friday and that he won a best supporting actor oscar for his role in training day.

Dre is officially a lame for this revisionist shyt. You the richest rapper out, you don't have to lie to kick it. But I guess when he was getting pistol whipped by Suge he felt the need to make this shyt.

Daps
I wish Dre wouldn't be so biased and tell the story correctly, about how he had a hand in a LOT of the fukkery.

Dre didn't hate that Wrecking Cru bullshyt he was wearing :comeon:
It wasn't just Ren dissing Cube on nikkaz4life :comeon:

How you left out Real Muthafukkin Gs :comeon:

Dre ain't outchea disciplining gang members and poppin off on nikkas left and right :comeon:
Dre didn't end his relationship with Death Row on good terms with Pac :comeon:

Good movie, but a few key moments made me feel like this movie was far too biased towards Dre
exactly....

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Just got back from seeing it. Of all of the actors in the movie the guy playing eazy did a great job capturing his charisma.

The part that immediately stuck out was the 2pac scene with him recording makaveli & dre immediately puts on california love, the timeline doesn't add up. Its very rare for a person to die from aids complications one month after a diagnosis. He could've had HIV for a while and you can go to full blown aids quick but back in those times people didnt look at HIV/AIDS like that.

The movie was very accurate. I remember in real life back then cube was talking about eazy eating steak & lobster while the group ate burgers. Dre had a lot of money problems so I understand him taking that deal & cube still went through hell to get paid.

Dre left NWA broke with nothing and the same with death row. Good things finally came full circle for him. I wish they showed ren being more influential. But whenever you have a biopic made, there will ALWAYS be people who were involved complain.

Overall an excellent movie & I would definitely watch it again.