Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I have to rant about this shyt

Dre gonna act like he never liked wearing that gay ass suit when he started DJing. And the eye liner. And the lip stick?

He never acknowledged that we all know he's never written a meaningful lyric in his life. Why is he acting like him and Snoop freestyled to create Ain't nothin but a G Thang.

How he gonna act like he bossed up to Suge and them when they were torturing people? Dre knew he was getting bulled just like the rest of them.

Why is he acting like he left Death Row and Suge never came to his doorstep and got ALL his beats that he was working on at the time?

How Dre acting like he was the boss in NWA? Notice how his character had the last word on most of the NWA decisions.

Eazy E was never broke. He lived long enough to watch Bone Thugs Blow up. Foe the love of money was a big hit and that was clearly before his passing.

Most gangsta shyt Dre ever did was smack Dee Barnes....which there was no mention of in the movie.

Don't get me wrong it's a great flick, but very revisionist. Dre has lived long enough and made enough money to tell his own story, but it's not fair to the actors(who for the most part did a great job) and the director(who did a great job) that they had to work with a script so biased.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

I'm wondering if he has beef with dre and cube for short changing him or is he just in his feelings now thats it's out? I feel like he got too little screen time/story, but I'm also like....you knew it was gonna go down like that so :francis:

And the more i let this digest, the more I'm mad about the way dre painted himself....super thug....good guy

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
you didn't reply to anything I said though. Everything with Dre and Death Row was cool up until after AEOM came out and he was publicly down with Pac even after they were talkin that Faith shyt and he was down 100% with getting that Dogg Food album out in late '95 talkin all that "gangsta shyt is coming out no matter what", any means necessary. I said his change was "overnight" because it was no more than 4-5 months later that he's gone and talkin bout he don't wanna do gangsta music anymore. Yet, he fought for Dogg Food a few months earlier :what:

Snoop you could tell didn't wanna fukk with Pac and all that nonsense at the VMAs. I didn't feel Dre's disgust for Suge and Death Row was a natural progression. It kind of came out of nowhere over the course of a couple months. Maybe he was putting on a show for the camera :manny:

He wasn't putting on a show for the camera.

Going to jail for 5 months after that probation violation in 1995 changed Dre (obviously you'd never notice because back in the 90s we didn't know Rapper's every single move, there was no social media, only the Source, Vibe, Rap Pages, MTV and BET covered hip hop). Up until then he was getting slaps on the wrist for all the trouble he got into.......He had 2 assault cases while at Death Row, not including Dee barnes and got shot right before the Chronic came out. He literally was on house arrest during parts of 91-92. He was just as caught up in the Death Row Lifestyle as everyone else......but seeing Snoop's Murder Trial, all the fukkery that Death Row had, Bloods, crips.......I think he just got tired of it. Losing his freedom, losing Eazy-E over some money made him reflect on his life and ask "how many people do I really need"

Last edited:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I wouldnt trade the theatre experience I had watching this for anything. Place was packed and lit. Cant imagine watching some shytty rip by myself on a small ass screen.

How does a packed movie theatre make you feel better about the viewing experience?

I'd rather watch a movie by myself or with select group of friends or a matinee where few people are there.

I actually went to the Thursday night screening at 11:00 PM (after they had 3 initial showings) so I could have space and deal with less people.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I'm wondering if he has beef with dre and cube for short changing him or is he just in his feelings now thats it's out? I feel like he got too little screen time/story, but I'm also like....you knew it was gonna go down like that so :francis:

And the more i let this digest, the more I'm mad about the way dre painted himself....super thug....good guy

Ren has been talking about this for a long ass time (his role in the movie). There was a thread on it in the Booth.

It's crazy because Ren was on set while they were filming.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Going to jail for 5 months after that probation violation in 1995 changed Dre

I'm sure it did but at the end of '95 and into 1996 he's still talking about how nobody is gonna stop this "gangsta shyt from comin out" and then all of a sudden he's being interviewed by MTV during the height of the east vs. west shyt and he's talkin bout how gangsta shyt is played out. In a matter of a couple months?? :manny:

Anyway, Ren don't seem pissed off to me. If you look at his timeline he is having a great time right now. He's probably thinkin that he should have a bigger role in the movie but lets not act like he's sitting around all pissed off about it. He appears to be on good terms with everyone.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ren has been talking about this for a long ass time (his role in the movie). There was a thread on it in the Booth.

It's crazy because Ren was on set while they were filming.
I saw the thread in The booth, but that was after the movie was wrapped and it was about not being in the trailer. He had to have known his screen time was cut to snippets, I'm just wondering if he was ok with it or was it pulled after the fact?

Also, maybe I'm biased because I liked Hodge in FNL as voodoo and seen him in a few other things, but it was a waste of his talent to have such an undeveloped role....great "exposure" but no chance to shine.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
How does a packed movie theatre make you feel better about the viewing experience?

I'd rather watch a movie by myself or with select group of friends or a matinee where few people are there.

I actually went to the Thursday night screening at 11:00 PM (after they had 3 initial showings) so I could have space and deal with less people.
:dwillhuh: you must be one of those weird introverts.

Let me say it like this. Have you ever been to a concert and everybody is rapping word for word? Where you can feel the energy? Now imagine seeing that same concert and its just you in the audience :skip:

The atmosphere can be electric and really there is nothing like it. Its an experience.

If you dont understand or appreciate the experience I dont know what to say other than youre a weirdo son :pachaha:

I fully enjoy being solitary at times but some things are better experienced with others.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
But in the Temptations movie, they all had chances to shine and that's with 10+ members. Ren had 5 lines and about 5 bars from a verse. There was no excuse for that. They only showed Cube writing.

Honestly, I don't think Heller ever stole from Eazy. He didn't Suge or Puffy him. The only accounts of that is from Tomica. Everyone else was shocked when Heller was ousted. Hell, from what i remember Cube..and eventually Dre...left because Eazy was the only one making money.
That was a mini series which is why the movie is so long. Of course everyone got their part in but the story turns out to be mostly bullshyt that Otis came up with (which is why every fukk up he made was mostly ignored)

After watching the movie, the shyt they took creative license with was apparent but not overly egregious.

I wanna see the director's cut because maybe it made more sense to have the women in it because thinking about it now, there was no point in Nicole being in the movie. F. Gary Gray said it made more sense with more footage but other than that great movie

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I saw the thread in The booth, but that was after the movie was wrapped and it was about not being in the trailer. He had to have known his screen time was cut to snippets, I'm just wondering if he was ok with it or was it pulled after the fact?

Also, maybe I'm biased because I liked Hodge in FNL as voodoo and seen him in a few other things, but it was a waste of his talent to have such an undeveloped role....great "exposure" but no chance to shine.

Ren had to have known from the get go but probably didn't want to get in the way of stopping the project from coming out.

He's getting some pub from it and obviously some money from it.

They need to go ahead and do a real documentary with Netflix or something because it feels like EVERYONE wanted a bigger role in this project. There was too much to cover for a commercial movie.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
:dwillhuh: you must be one of those weird introverts.

Let me say it like this. Have you ever been to a concert and everybody is rapping word for word? Now imagine seeing that same concert and its just you in the audience :skip:

The atmosphere can be electric and really there is nothing like it. Its an experience.

If you dont understand or appreciate the experience I dont know what to say other than youre a weirdo son :pachaha:

I'm a DJ....I've been to more concerts than most people on this form (I've also DJ'd concerts). That's literally what I do for a living. Yes seeing a concert with a packed house and everyone singing the words is great. There's no way to experience a concert or party without people. They make it.

But a movie theater is much different than a concert. People yelling, laughing, speaking, cells phones ringing, people pulling out cell phones and the lighting affecting your vision, kids running around, people walking to the bathroom can be a distraction.......Also when I went to see "Straight Outta Compton" they had armed security with guns. I don't know about you but that's not the most ideal environment for seeing a film where you want to pay attention to every little detail.

Calling a viewing of a movie "Lit" just screams I need attention and just want to be cool to me. A Party is "Lit" me sitting down to pay attention to a film, why does that need to be "Lit"?
The majority of society sees Dinner and Movie as a great first date, but it's not.....you're not interacting with the woman and getting to know them. There's absolutely nothing "Lit" about going to watch a movie, unless you get bored of the movie and decided to fukk the chick in the movie (which I haven't done since I was a teenager)

Yes, I'm an introvert, that's not to be confused with someone who's flat out antisocial.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Just saw this shyt with the homies. I fukking hated how they portrayed Ren & Eazy (post NWA) in this shyt. They went OTT with Dre as well, made this nikka out to be some sort of saint. :bryan: