Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Most ironic/telling thing about Straight Outta Compton was watching Ice Cube write Friday WITHOUT DJ Pooh & Dr. Dre making beats by himself.
Exactly. Where the fukk was Daz and Kurupt? They left ALOT out of this movie honestly. It was still great though. It should have focused strictly on NWA though. Hopefully a sequel comes out that does justice to the death row era

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to think that they didn't do real muthafucckin gs because that would somewhat reveal that easy was still making money off of dre and that kinda conflicts with how they portrayed easy post NWA.
They mentioned he was still signed to ruthless even after the eazy beatdown scene, iirc

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
True. But they downplayed/ret conned easy status after dre left. Had the homie move back to the hood, selling weed to make ends meet and etc.
If the brothers made up with easy, why do eazy like that -- instead of heller?

This movie needs an answer movie, like how folks used to do answer vinyls instead of all the subliminal bullshyt.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
The Jerry Heller No Vaseline rant was :skip:

Paul killed that scene, the whole scene was :whew:

He looked like rich homie quan :mjlol: I thought it was kurupt at first :dead:

Me too :dead:I thought he did a good job :manny:

Pac was the only miscast, its like damn near impossible to get a good Pac and Why was Pac doing Hail Mary before CL?

"Y'all need to make them R&B songs":dame:That shyt was :laff: The origins of Pinky :russ:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Exactly. Where the fukk was Daz and Kurupt? They left ALOT out of this movie honestly. It was still great though. It should have focused strictly on NWA though. Hopefully a sequel comes out that does justice to the death row era

I know right....where was Nate Dogg, RBX, DJ Quik, Danny Boy, Jodeci, Miche'le, JJ Fad, Will I Am, the Twinzz, Warren G, Mr. Malik, Trey D, Bad Azz, baby Kendrick Lamar, lil 1/2 Dead, Joe Cool, the chick from Ice T's Power cover, BG Knocc Out, DJ Pooh, Big Syke, Left Eye, Big Boy, MC Eiht, Cypress Hill, Mack 10, WC, and Lady of Rage.

:mjpls:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Can't wait for the Jay-Z Biopic where he loses 92 Bricks and lives to tell the story, Guru unleashes the flutes as Hov completely disregards any existence of Jaz-O, Calvin "Klein" Bacote, & Dehaven; blows up and sells millions of albums rapping, on nothing but his own sheer God given talent, knocks out Beanie Sigel in disgust from constantly getting in trouble, never takes any of Biggie's lines, he unanimously defeats NaSir Jones in a rap battle because Ether doesn't exist, & takes credit for all of Dame Dash's contributions to the success of Roc-a-fella Records (such as signing Kanye to be a rapper & running the business for example) all while portraying Dame as nothing more than a loud mouth, obnoxious, vain, dancing buffoon who could never avoid ruining business relationships by placing his foot in his mouth...............................all while going on to become the greatest rapper and businessman hip hop has ever seen.
Someone please shoot this movie, for the lulz.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish Dre wouldn't be so biased and tell the story correctly, about how he had a hand in a LOT of the fukkery.

Dre didn't hate that Wrecking Cru bullshyt he was wearing :comeon:
It wasn't just Ren dissing Cube on nikkaz4life :comeon:

How you left out Real Muthafukkin Gs :comeon:

Dre ain't outchea disciplining gang members and poppin off on nikkas left and right :comeon:
Dre didn't end his relationship with Death Row on good terms with Pac :comeon:

Good movie, but a few key moments made me feel like this movie was far too biased towards Dre

Yeah...I gotta shave a few cool points off for that shyt.

Hard for the movie not to seem like a Dr Dre patch job

As you said, Dre know he was loving that Wrecking Crew attire.

The movie didn't need his insecurities leaking through the screen like that:huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't wait for the Jay-Z Biopic where he loses 92 Bricks and lives to tell the story, Guru unleashes the flutes as Hov completely disregards any existence of Jaz-O, Calvin "Klein" Bacote, & Dehaven; blows up and sells millions of albums rapping, on nothing but his own sheer God given talent, knocks out Beanie Sigel in disgust from constantly getting in trouble, never takes any of Biggie's lines, he unanimously defeats NaSir Jones in a rap battle because Ether doesn't exist, & takes credit for all of Dame Dash's contributions to the success of Roc-a-fella Records (such as signing Kanye to be a rapper & running the business for example) all while portraying Dame as nothing more than a loud mouth, obnoxious, vain, dancing buffoon who could never avoid ruining business relationships by placing his foot in his mouth...............................all while going on to become the greatest rapper and businessman hip hop has ever seen.

Nah.

I could just imagine the revisionist/polishing up/patch em up/over exagerrated/bougie hollywood magic shyt Jay is going to pull

He's even more sensitive/insecure about his image than Dr Dre:huhldup: