Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps

Go to 5:00

Here's 2pac's Original Handwritten Tracklist for Makaveli.....it was recorded in a span of 3 days in July of 1996 (from July 22nd 1996)

tumblr_mstxuhTHxA1qdqlj1o1_500.jpg

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Kids and teenagers and a good chunk of 90s babies dont know a lot about Eazy E, this movie is going to be his introduction to a lot of people and their impression will be what this movie shows.. which is that Eazy E wasnt shyt after NWA

Just because something was a hit in 1994 doesnt mean the world knows their connection in 2015 in a totally different generation, but im sure u know that

Sleezeball attorney Ron Sweeney, the same guy that wrote the fake Eazy E statement when it was announced that he was HIV positive

Eazy was the fukking man in that movie except at the end of course (I think that was done intentionally to shyt on Heller and Dre/Cube definitely had their hands in that. I'm not ignoring that)

It showed that he was the only one in the streets before rapping. That he made it all possible and that he was the visionary and the bank.

Down to how the group looked. And when it was all said and done none of them would be where they were without him.

NWA probably never fully breaks up if it wasn't for Heller and Suge. I think that was the overall message that they were pushing.

Daps
Yall gotta stop saying "Eazy's wife is involved" to make it seem like its fair.. anybody thats followed Eazy for some time knows that Tomica is the devil.. she shouldnt be his wife and they got married on his death bed after he was heavily drugged.. Took his money and left his children in Compton, fukked up his legacy, fukked up Ruthless, fukked BTNH members literally, then fukked them financially
100% on point :cheers:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I look at all the gripes like this:

nikkas liked that Temptations movie right?

What if they knew Blue actually died in the hospital after weeks of deteriorating health, not suddenly after rolling into the kitchen?

Or that Ruffin wasnt actually smoking crack because the Reunion tour was in '82 and crack didn't emerge until '84-'85?

Or that the dude Al didn't get kicked out the group after hittin' Paul in the head with the bottle, but after a SECOND incident?

Or that... y'all get the point.

Obviously everything ain't gonna be to the tee... but when you got 2 and a half hours to cover like 9 years... I think they did a great damn job. There's things that coulda been a lil tighter/better, but in a biopic, some of the more meticulous details are gonna get melded together. Really the only thing I think was really left out was the Dre Day/Real Gs timeframe... even if it only got a minute or two, it'd been a notable addition.

But in the Temptations movie, they all had chances to shine and that's with 10+ members. Ren had 5 lines and about 5 bars from a verse. There was no excuse for that. They only showed Cube writing.

Honestly, I don't think Heller ever stole from Eazy. He didn't Suge or Puffy him. The only accounts of that is from Tomica. Everyone else was shocked when Heller was ousted. Hell, from what i remember Cube..and eventually Dre...left because Eazy was the only one making money.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
No I wanted to show Eazy having success after NWA just like they showed Dre and Cube having success, we saw several Dre and Snoop scenes and a Pac scene with 2 songs he didnt even fukking make in 1995 and one of them was made when Dre wasnt even on Death Row but we couldnt see Eazy in the studio making Foe Tha Love of Money?:mjpls: we couldnt see Eazy celebrating Ruthless' post NWA success?:mjpls:

Nah showing post-NWA Eazy crying off of Chronic billboards(which he made money off of in real life), contemplating going back to the drug game to make money, and losing his mansion is a better idea I guess
Yeah that part is just fukked up. I wonder who's idea it was to show that...probably Dre. He was making money off the Chronic, why would he cry at the billboard?

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Wait that was real? :ohhh:

The real story of the Dre police chase is

He got drunk one night and decided to take his Ferrari Testarossa on a joy ride racing down Wilshire Blvd......This was totally unrelated to the fight at Death Row.....Dre was just wilding. Anyways he was racing his car, actually lost the cops and got to his garage door and couldn't find the remote control to his car so the cops arrested him. He actually did 5 months in jail because that was a violation of his probation from beating up 2 people in 92 (a record exec and someone else in New Orleans). He was convicted of both.....(the case with Dee Barnes was thrown out and settled out of court) You guys should check out Dr. Dre's Behind the Music....It aired in 1999 right around the release of Dr. Dre 2001.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
That conversation with Suge and Dre didn't occur like that at the end either......Suge and his goons also came to Dre's house with pipes and bats demanding the master recordings. Dre originally wanted to name his new record label Black Market Records but the name was taken. He even offered the owners 100,000 for it and they turned it down.