Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm not gonna say you're wrong, I really can't remember much about that movie right now besides the scene where Skinny Black leaves the demo tape in the toilet :pachaha:
Lol. Not even the whoop that trick scene breh? :wtf:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Bone was platinum off Creepin On A Come Up when Eazy was alive:camby:.. theres literally footage of Eazy awarding them a platinum plaque.. Thuggish Ruggish Bone and Foe Tha Love of Money were both hit records:camby:

And yes he fired Jerry Heller, but no he didnt have personal financial issues to the point where he lost his house.. he prolly still had more money than Dre at that point. The only "financial issues" was the money Jerry Heller stole from Ruthless which lead to him being fired but Eazy was still very rich

E. 1999 Eternal was their breakthrough album that made them international stars. It was the ground breaking moment for them.

What did you want a one minute clip of 5 nikkas just standing their harmonizing to make you feel better?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I felt the same way. That and the middle part that kinda dragged and stopped the momentum it had going are the only things from the movie that I didn't like. Other than that, I LOVED this flick. Loved the performances, loved the framing, loved how they progressed the story and loved all the stuff with Cube. I'm not really a fan of F Gary Gray (outside of Friday) but he really showed out for this one. It felt like a period piece, felt authentic, and just worked. It fell into some of the cliche biopic shyt but for the most part, dope all around. Just really loved the atmosphere and everything in the first half. Once Cube left the group and they started time jumping, shyt got kinda meh but it still worked for me

"Eazy and Jerry eating steak and lobster and we're eating fat burger" :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
People always lookin' for the conspiracy in something... Eazy's wife is involved in the movie too... you think Eazy just fired Heller cause they were doin' great and he woke up one day and told him kick rocks? Heller ended up jerkin' him just like he did the rest of 'em...
Yall gotta stop saying "Eazy's wife is involved" to make it seem like its fair.. anybody thats followed Eazy for some time knows that Tomica is the devil.. she shouldnt be his wife and they got married on his death bed after he was heavily drugged.. Took his money and left his children in Compton, fukked up his legacy, fukked up Ruthless, fukked BTNH members literally, then fukked them financially

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
E. 1999 Eternal was their breakthrough album that made them international stars. It was the ground breaking moment for them.

What did you want a one minute clip of 5 nikkas just standing their harmonizing to make you feel better?
No I wanted to show Eazy having success after NWA just like they showed Dre and Cube having success, we saw several Dre and Snoop scenes and a Pac scene with 2 songs he didnt even fukking make in 1995 and one of them was made when Dre wasnt even on Death Row but we couldnt see Eazy in the studio making Foe Tha Love of Money?:mjpls: we couldnt see Eazy celebrating Ruthless' post NWA success?:mjpls:

Nah showing post-NWA Eazy crying off of Chronic billboards(which he made money off of in real life), contemplating going back to the drug game to make money, and losing his mansion is a better idea I guess

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No I wanted to show Eazy having success after NWA just like they showed Dre and Cube having success, we saw several Dre and Snoop scenes and a Pac scene with 2 songs he didnt even fukking make in 1995 and one of them was made when Dre wasnt even on Death Row but we couldnt see Eazy in the studio making Foe Tha Love of Money?:mjpls: we couldnt see Eazy celebrating Ruthless' post NWA success?:mjpls:

Nah showing post-NWA Eazy crying off of Chronic billboards(which he made money off of in real life), contemplating going back to the drug game to make money, and losing his mansion is a better idea I guess

Let's be real here. I'm from Cleveland.

We really going to compare the level of success Dre and Cube had immediately after leaving Ruthless/NWA to what Eazy did?

E. 1999 Eternal was his label's crown jewel and he wasn't there to see it.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Tomica forced herself on Eazy. Eazy was in the hospital and may not have even been conscious when they got 'married'.

She isn't his real widow. She's pure evil. She did Eazy's legacy dirty and did his children worse.
quoted for emphasis, im tired of seeing "but his wife is involved"

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Let's be real here. I'm from Cleveland.

We really going to compare the level of success Dre and Cube had immediately after leaving Ruthless/NWA to what Eazy did?

E. 1999 Eternal was his label's crown jewel and he wasn't there to see it.
Dre and Cube were definitely more successful but thats not the point, the point is that Eazy was still successful on his own and the movie didnt allude to that at all.. somebody who knows nothing about NWA is gonna watch this film and think Eazy fell on hard times after NWA broke up when thats false

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
:camby: @ anybody torrenting this movie. Go support this film.
I know 5 people who saw the shyt again :wow:

I'm taking my little brother too fukk it....lowkey I already know the nikka found out about Xhamster :bryan:

A little movie about The Strength of Street Knowledge ain't gonna hurt none.:pachaha:
"Eazy and Jerry eating steak and lobster and we're eating fat burger" :dead:
Fat Burger is piff :ohlawd:

Expensive as fukk though :shaq2:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
quoted for emphasis, im tired of seeing "but his wife is involved"
Who the fukk were these witnesses to this fukking "marriage" btw? :patrice:
FWIW I feel like this is one movie movie that has to be watched at the theater :manny:
Yea I seen it at 1pm on Friday...

Not too many...alot even missed the "Bye Felicia" part that i'm sure the more crowded theaters were dying at.

I wanna be at a live showing where everyone getting busy to NO Vaseline,rapping along and shyt...especially that Detroit scene... :wow:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dre and Cube were definitely more successful but thats not the point, the point is that Eazy was still successful on his own and the movie didnt allude to that at all.. somebody who knows nothing about NWA is gonna watch this film and think Eazy fell on hard times after NWA broke up when thats false

The world knows his connection to Bone. I mean didn't you just say Foe Tha Love of $ was a hit right? :mjpls:

Bones biggest song basically was about him...well the remix video version was...and Uncle Charles. :rip:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
The world knows his connection to Bone. I mean didn't you just say Foe Tha Love of $ was a hit right? :mjpls:

Bones biggest song basically was about him...well the remix video version was...and Uncle Charles. :rip:
Kids and teenagers and a good chunk of 90s babies dont know a lot about Eazy E, this movie is going to be his introduction to a lot of people and their impression will be what this movie shows.. which is that Eazy E wasnt shyt after NWA

Just because something was a hit in 1994 doesnt mean the world knows their connection in 2015 in a totally different generation, but im sure u know that
Who the fukk were these witnesses to this fukking "marriage" btw? :patrice:
Sleezeball attorney Ron Sweeney, the same guy that wrote the fake Eazy E statement when it was announced that he was HIV positive