Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Why the fukk are you people watching this without a care for quality? SEE THIS shyt IN THEATERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldnt trade the theatre experience I had watching this for anything. Place was packed and lit. Cant imagine watching some shytty rip by myself on a small ass screen.

Daps
:laff: the fukk?!
from a bg knocc out interview
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/b-g-...not-die-from-aids.292181/page-2#post-14788775
Before everything hit the fan with Eric and Jerry Heller, these brothers from the Nation Of Islam from Chicago – some of [Minister Louis] Farrakhan’s right hand men – [came to see Eazy]. We was at Ruthless Records and these dudes walked up in the office, just stormed in one day while we was in there. Nobody had no idea they was comin’. [They] stormed in the office, into Jerry Heller’s office, and told Eric to “Come here.” Eric got up and went into the conference room. They were in there for like two or three hours. And I swear, when they came out of there Eric had a different look on his face. He seemed like he was shook up about something. … And like a week or so later, he started firing Jerry [and the rest of Heller’s relatives at Ruthless]. He fired Jerry Heller. He fired Terry Heller. He fired Gary Ballen. And they were all family. Jerry and Terry is brothers; Gary is their cousin.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you didn't reply to anything I said though. Everything with Dre and Death Row was cool up until after AEOM came out and he was publicly down with Pac even after they were talkin that Faith shyt and he was down 100% with getting that Dogg Food album out in late '95 talkin all that "gangsta shyt is coming out no matter what", any means necessary. I said his change was "overnight" because it was no more than 4-5 months later that he's gone and talkin bout he don't wanna do gangsta music anymore. Yet, he fought for Dogg Food a few months earlier :what:

Snoop you could tell didn't wanna fukk with Pac and all that nonsense at the VMAs. I didn't feel Dre's disgust for Suge and Death Row was a natural progression. It kind of came out of nowhere over the course of a couple months. Maybe he was putting on a show for the camera :manny:

I felt the same way. That and the middle part that kinda dragged and stopped the momentum it had going are the only things from the movie that I didn't like. Other than that, I LOVED this flick. Loved the performances, loved the framing, loved how they progressed the story and loved all the stuff with Cube. I'm not really a fan of F Gary Gray (outside of Friday) but he really showed out for this one. It felt like a period piece, felt authentic, and just worked. It fell into some of the cliche biopic shyt but for the most part, dope all around. Just really loved the atmosphere and everything in the first half. Once Cube left the group and they started time jumping, shyt got kinda meh but it still worked for me

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Y'all need to temper y'all expectations with people playing Pac. Pac was a character in and of himself, it's going to be hard for anyone to portray him and not seem cartoonish, for the 2.6 minutes he had, he was fine, I think he had the Pac vocal inflection down pretty well. Now recording Hail Mary before california love was :jbhmm: The actor playing snoop was lacking, but again, he had like 4 minutes on screen, so i don't care

Edit: these reactions to Pac are exactly why his biopic is a loooooong way from getting made, it's doomed to fail before launch. Expectations are too great.

I look at all the gripes like this:

nikkas liked that Temptations movie right?

What if they knew Blue actually died in the hospital after weeks of deteriorating health, not suddenly after rolling into the kitchen?

Or that Ruffin wasnt actually smoking crack because the Reunion tour was in '82 and crack didn't emerge until '84-'85?

Or that the dude Al didn't get kicked out the group after hittin' Paul in the head with the bottle, but after a SECOND incident?

Or that... y'all get the point.

Obviously everything ain't gonna be to the tee... but when you got 2 and a half hours to cover like 9 years... I think they did a great damn job. There's things that coulda been a lil tighter/better, but in a biopic, some of the more meticulous details are gonna get melded together. Really the only thing I think was really left out was the Dre Day/Real Gs timeframe... even if it only got a minute or two, it'd been a notable addition.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Get over Pac...god damn. How do you realistically expect someone to be every thing Pac was? Y'all want a dude who looks dead ass like Pac, sounds like Pac, has pacs personality....but they can't be too cartoonish :whoa:

Might as well make a Pac hologram movie....

Marc Rose did a very good job for the 10 lines (10 lines nikkas...,y'all bytching about somone in the movie for half a scene :mindblown:) he was given

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Better and more fun. I was surprised it was 2 and a half hours, could have easily added 30 more mins and I wouldn't have complained.
Idk about all that breh. 2nd half became bytching about contracts and meetings and accounting. Flow was more focused

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
They mentioned Bone multiple times. Had the god damn album on his death bed.

What the fukk were people expecting?

:dead:
They had time to squeeze a pointless Pac cameo that wasnt even in the correct timeline but they couldnt show Eazy E having a successful solo career and discovering Bone Thugs?:mjpls:
I guess it didnt fit into their fantasy scenario of Eazy going broke while Dre and Cube flourish in their perfect lives:mjpls:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
They had time to squeeze a pointless Pac cameo that wasnt even in the correct timeline but they couldnt show Eazy E having a successful solo career and discovering Bone Thugs?:mjpls:
I guess it didnt fit into their fantasy scenario of Eazy going broke while Dre and Cube flourish in their perfect lives:mjpls:

Bone was mentioned several times and they didn't really blow up until E.1999 Eternal which came out after he died.

Eazy didn't fire Heller towards the end of his life? He didn't have personal financial issues?

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Idk about all that breh. 2nd half became bytching about contracts and meetings and accounting. Flow was more focused
I'm not gonna say you're wrong, I really can't remember much about that movie right now besides the scene where Skinny Black leaves the demo tape in the toilet :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Bone was mentioned several times and they didn't really blow up until E.1999 Eternal which came out after he died.

Eazy didn't fire Heller towards the end of his life? He didn't have personal financial issues?
Bone was platinum off Creepin On A Come Up when Eazy was alive:camby:.. theres literally footage of Eazy awarding them a platinum plaque.. Thuggish Ruggish Bone and Foe Tha Love of Money were both hit records:camby:

And yes he fired Jerry Heller, but no he didnt have personal financial issues to the point where he lost his house.. he prolly still had more money than Dre at that point. The only "financial issues" was the money Jerry Heller stole from Ruthless which lead to him being fired but Eazy was still very rich

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Disagree on the first part- BTNH def. became stars with Creepin'... second part = spot on.

People always lookin' for the conspiracy in something... Eazy's wife is involved in the movie too... you think Eazy just fired Heller cause they were doin' great and he woke up one day and told him kick rocks? Heller ended up jerkin' him just like he did the rest of 'em...