Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I liked the movie, but...

How does Snoop and even Pac get get more screen time than Warren G? Is he not Dre's stepbrother? Didn't they kinda grow up together? DJ Pooh cowrote Friday, but they act like Cube was writing that back in '93 by himself?

Y'all pretty much touched on the other stuff that was inaccurate.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Don Mega Cube isn't even a shadow of Ice Cube... Don Mega is the part time MC full time movie director

You nikkas need to get familiar with Ice Cube.

That's like a young person who missed 96-01 Jay but caught kingdom come to present jay :snoop:

Ice Cube lived long enough to outgrow hip hop... He and Dre both outgrew it.

I don't think you can ever outgrow hip-hop. It's a way of life. Cube's movies..for the most part...are still very hip-hop. His whole demeanor is, as well. Like Run, LL, Will Smith to an extent, Com Sense, Queen Latifah you still look at them and see hip-hop.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I liked the movie, but...

How does Snoop and even Pac get get more screen time than Warren G? Is he not Dre's stepbrother? Didn't they kinda grow up together? DJ Pooh cowrote Friday, but they act like Cube was writing that back in '93 by himself?

Y'all pretty much touched on the other stuff that was inaccurate.
Ice Cube aint giving Pooh no shine since they still beefing I believe :heh:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I was born in 87 so honestly I knew Cube mostly from movies and his later music like Westside Connection. A few years ago I went back in his discography and :banderas: he became one of my top favorite rappers. His run for AMW to Lethal Injection is one of the best.

He's the God MC.

Rakim was the best lyricist

Kane had the style and charisma

KRS and Cube are complete Masters of Cermonies. I give Cube the edge over KRS because of the impact he had on the genre and he world.

NWA had more of an impact than BDP on the world.

Im glad this movie is out

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Eazy E never went broke and lost his house:camby: he had 30 million at the time of his death, he was 2x platinum off the EP, Bone was platinum, and he was making money off of The Chronic and Doggystyle

Eazy paid Alonzo money because he wanted to meet Jerry Heller, he didnt randomly get ran up on by Jerry and not know who he was:camby:

Eazy was not with DJ Yella or MC Ren when he passed out before going to the hospital:camby:
Or Tomica for that matter considering he kicked her out of his house 2 weeks before going to the hospital:camby:(fbi files verify that)
Dre didnt have half as much heart as the movie made him to have unless it involved women:camby:

Cube was not washing them Above The Law/Ruthless nikkas like the movie made it seem, I heard the exact opposite:camby:

I like the movie but as a Eazy fan that really pissed me off seeing him crying over a Chronic billboard and him downsizing houses.. he had the same mansion and Tomica lived in it even after he died till she got foreclosed in 2011.. they really downplayed his solo career while showing Dre and Cube flourish.. Dre did a lot of fukked up shyt in real life but came out the movie looking like superman
poetic license

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This supposed to be an uplifting movie brehs, they didn't even want to really focus on Ruthless vs Death Row, which is possibly why Snoop ain't get expounded upon too much or Dre Day/Real Gz

You just couldn't do this movie without No Vaseline, but NWA was already done by the time you had Ruthless/Death Row
Real Muthaphukkin G is just as big.

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
Other than being searched before entering the movie. (Yeah they searched bags n shyt at this movie. Smh)

I really enjoyed this film. Great casting except one I wasn't sold on. The film could have benefited being just a tad bit longer though.

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
Saw the movie with my girl last night.
A little long, but still a classic right before our very eyes.....IMHO.

There was a scene in one of the trailers that had Dre in jail talking to his wife on the phone that wasn't included in the theatrical release.

Man, I'm thinking that the DVD will loaded and overloaded with some good shyt.