Straight Outta Compton is a classic movie

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Well if you know the history of NWA, Eazy, Ruthless and DeathRow, some of it will piss you off a little.

That being said, it is an entertaining movie and I did like it. I do recommend. It just isn't factual in some parts of the movie.

Respect your review

I lived it too and I'm looking forward to checking it out this weekend

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Straight Outta Hollywood

damn, armond white hated this film. whether i agree with armond is not the point, but he always has some interesting things to say about movies.
Seems like this guy always hated NWA. He doesn't even get Eazy-E's name right (Who is Eric Edwards).

He gets the:camby:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like this guy always hated NWA. He doesn't even get Eazy-E's name right (Who is Eric Edwards).

He gets the:camby:

nah Armond is an OG. one of the first journalists to write about rap music in the 80s in a serious way, and he did it at black owned newspaper the City Sun. he is very smart and knowledgabele. wrote a book on 2pac, called "rebel for the hell of it". honestly, he is my favorite critic because he is fearless as fk, has seen it all, calls out white liberals all the time. nah he is dope but his politics has been leaning a bit conservative over the years so he is usually dismissed these days. i cant c/s his opinion but i think he always presents the best contrarian take on a piece of popular art.

i disagreed with his take about the police were responding to NWA’s provocation and outlaw gear. foh with that shyt. thats like saying unless you an angel police have every right to kill you. i respect his take on the comparisons between NWA, Geto Boys and PE though.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
nah Armond is an OG. one of the first journalists to write about rap music in the 80s in a serious way, and he did it at black owned newspaper the City Sun. he is very smart and knowledgabele. wrote a book on 2pac, called "rebel for the hell of it". honestly, he is my favorite critic because he is fearless as fk, has seen it all, calls out white liberals all the time. nah he is dope but his politics has been leaning a bit conservative over the years so he is usually dismissed these days. i cant c/s his opinion but i think he always presents the best contrarian take on a piece of popular art.

i disagreed with his take about the police were responding to NWA’s provocation and outlaw gear. foh with that shyt. thats like saying unless you an angel police have every right to kill you. i respect his take on the comparisons between NWA, Geto Boys and PE though.
He referred to gangsta rap as 'gangsta crap'.

To me, that shows his bias towards WestCoast rap.