Store Closures 2019: 4,500 Planned including Gap, Foot Locker, Victoria's Secret, JC Pennys

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
full

He isnt the only "villian" killing off the retail industry

Fashionova CEO

images

is just as responsible ....

I noticed all my girlfriend's younger sisters and my female coworkers copping those 10$ outfits lingerie and dresses

Victorias secret and any female store can't compete
:manny:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He isnt the only "villian" killing off the retail industry

Fashionova CEO

images

is just as responsible ....

I noticed all my girlfriend's younger sisters and my female coworkers copping those 10$ outfits lingerie and dresses

Victorias secret and any female store can't compete
:manny:
I swear this company came outta nowhere last few years

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Retail is dead. Expecting wages to rise in a dead field isn’t possible. Retail should never be considered a career. Ever. Food services and hospitality is better.
I agree and disagree, none of those fields should be considered a career or anything longer than short term/side job unless you plan on moving up rapidly and go in with the expectation that restaurant may not be around 2 years from now. All of the entry level private sectors slowed hiring massively back in 2007/early 2008 before the recession was even obvious to the mainstream (ie: the same people who said the economy was good and young teenagers like me were just lazy, lost their jobs or got hours cut months later:ufdup:).

Now Fast Food/Hospitality is back bigger than ever only because people are willing to go into debt even moreso than those who got burned in the last recession. People going to Chipotle and Starbucks 4 times a week, Prime deliveries every 3-4 days week but 2 months behind on their Jeep Grand Cherokee. Once the next recession hits all of those new spots that opened 2012-2018 will be closing right back down. Hate to echo the Medical/STEM/Trade talk but that's the truth.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
clothing store boutiques :dame:

are gonna replace department stores

like its hard as hell to find men clothing stores
i'm not shopping at XX1 or Fashion Nova men:dame:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

I don't know why people think their industry is safe.

Pepsi is looking to automate everything.

I work for a company equivalent in size in the same industry that's looking to do the same thing.

2030 is going to be something else. I promise you this.

I wish more people would start their own hustle because these companies aren't going to save you.

It's different this time around for those who don't believe...because automation isn't looking to supplement...its looking to replace...and there's not enough people out there who see the writing on the wall.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Yall really think robots/automation going to take over retail? Eventually but no time soon

What yall nikkas saying is what mfs in the 50s/60s was saying that flying cars would be commonplace by the 2000s
Technology grows at an exponential rate. The last 20 years has been crazy. The next 20 will be even faster when it comes to the new tech we see used.
Tech was shyt in the 1950s/60s, no comparison to what we dealing with now :mjgrin: most old folks still don't fukk with self checkout or the internet like that :mjlol: