Shake Shack to shut 6 California locations, including 5 in LA, Blame state’s $20 minimum wage hike

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
My big break was walking around with my resume and dropping it off to managers, even if they said apply online id still shake their hands and made sure they got my resume. Who knew being dedicated to improving your life would be considered a big break :mjlol:

Your resume is :duck:

Tupac in a Business Suit status. Right here on The Coli.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Your resume is :duck:

Tupac in a Business Suit status. Right here on The Coli.
my resume is ducktales? Who would lie about going from Jack In The Box, to Mervyns, to Champs then AT&T then to a banker over the course of 10 years from a teenager to an adult :what:

wait til you find out im not even talking about the lil side jobs or other jobs I worked out briefly.

Its called work mafukka, im not even sure you ever worked a day in your life from the way you post here

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
20% profit margin, majority im guessing from their locations outside of California, correct?

44 of their 330 locations are in California. They're likely raking in tens of millions in profits from their California locations. They shuttered a few Cali stores that weren't getting traffic while keeping 90% of their California branches open.

20-25 individual customers a hour is crazy to expect 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Your calculations were predicated on there being 6 employees at the store around the clock from opening until close, now you want to claim they don't get 10 or so orders an hour on average? Why would they need six employees the entire time they're open if you don't think they average even 10-12 sales an hour?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
It's a delicate game when you don't reskill the population and shift people to new areas. Thats the main issue is that ok companies make profits, ok things are sold cheaper (inflation aside), but at some point the % of people who can consume will begin to drop and then the profits vanish because nobody can buy shyt.

When Reagan made College not a free thing anymore, right when the outsourcing was happening, it made things 1000 times worse.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Your calculations were predicated on there being 6 employees at the store around the clock from opening until close, now you want to claim they don't get 10 or so orders an hour on average?
No correlation between how many employees a place has and how many orders it has. This is fan fiction in your head. You can have 100 employees and a slow day and some days you might have 5 employees and a record breaking sales day.

Why would they need six employees the entire time they're open if you don't think they average even 10-12 sales an hour?
Something called labor laws :dahell: maybe you should look them up :dahell: employees can only work certain amount of hours per day legally in California, especially if they are part time :dahell: Id imagine majority of Shake Shack employees are part time as well.

You would need multiple employees to last a 10 hour opening period, even more if they are open longer. Example, Wingstop and Chipotle, id say are similar type of restaurants to Shake Shack, they are open for 12-14 hours per day here. You think you can do 12-14 hour shifts with 2 employees :dwillhuh: im also being generous that its only 6 employees.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
my resume is ducktales? Who would lie about going from Jack In The Box, to Mervyns, to Champs then AT&T then to a banker over the course of 10 years from a teenager to an adult :what:

wait til you find out im not even talking about the lil side jobs or other jobs I worked out briefly.

Its called work mafukka, im not even sure you ever worked a day in your life from the way you post here

:mjlol:

You don't know what you're talking about. I was working at 13 and a half; only weeks BEFORE I graduated middle school.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yeah the framing is not right

this is corporate standard practice. The stores underperforming has nothing to do with minimum wage. It's just a way to frame the whole thing.

wild how all this works.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
In N Out is still cheap. It took a girl pointing that out to me, how stark the price differences are.

Shake Shack is about 20% more. Just went to In N Out on Monday, after the movies, the movie ticket plus popcorn and a drink was $35

A double double, fries and a shake was like $13

The same meal at Shake Shack would be like $22. Think I dropped like $40 at Shake Shack, after a long night and hadn't eaten. Got like 2 burgers and 2 fries jesus christ lol

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No correlation between how many employees a place has and how many orders it has. This is fan fiction in your head. You can have 100 employees and a slow day and some days you might have 5 employees and a record breaking sales day.

Any fast food joint that doesn't have a rough correlation between the average # of employees and average # of orders will go bankrupt quickly. :dead:

Something called labor laws :dahell: maybe you should look them up :dahell: employees can only work certain amount of hours per day legally in California, especially if they are part time :dahell: Id imagine majority of Shake Shack employees are part time as well.

You would need multiple employees to last a 10 hour opening period, even more if they are open longer. Example, Wingstop and Chipotle, id say are similar type of restaurants to Shake Shack, they are open for 12-14 hours per day here. You think you can do 12-14 hour shifts with 2 employees :dwillhuh: im also being generous that its only 6 employees.

It's as if you're unaware that part time service employees work short shifts to cover peak times. WTF are you talking about employees working the entire 12-14 hour day for?

And no, Shake Shack isn't the sorta place open 12-14 hours, they tend to hold to an 11-hour window.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
They are getting it. It's a reality now :umad:

Why you want people that ain't some Peter Thiel STEM Guru to starve and live like 3rd world peasants?
U going from min wage to billion status lol.

40k a yr seems iffy to fast food cooks...imean we paying brehs that check people out at the liquor store 20$ an hr too?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
U going from min wage to billion status lol.

40k a yr seems iffy to fast food cooks...imean we paying brehs that check people out at the liquor store 20$ an hr too?

I mean, blame Gen Z for all of this. They were the ones that refused to work in the pandemic when hiring was all over the place. They know that paying people $11 an hour wasn't going to work anymore, especially the frontline workers working 2-3 jobs aka "rise and grind" brown nosers, DIED first from COVID.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
I mean, blame Gen Z for all of this. They were the ones that refused to work in the pandemic when hiring was all over the place. They know that paying people $11 an hour wasn't going to work anymore, especially the frontline workers working 2-3 jobs aka "rise and grind" brown nosers, DIED first from COVID.
Nah not blaming anyone breh...but yall cali brehs can stay in cali...