Shake Shack to shut 6 California locations, including 5 in LA, Blame state’s $20 minimum wage hike

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
40k a yr seems iffy to fast food cooks...imean we paying brehs that check people out at the liquor store 20$ an hr too?

Why should anyone working an honest living be forced to raise their children in poverty?

Show me the neighborhoods that people are living in making $20k a year in Los Angeles. Or even $30k.

No society in history has ever thrived worrying about the bottom.

This is 100% the exact opposite of reality.

EVERY society in history that has ever thrived has gotten there by worrying about the bottom. When societies fight to ban slavery, ban child labor, protect worker rights, protect the rights of the accused, institute universal public education even for the poor, institute universal health care even for the poor, institute a social safety even for the poor, THAT is when they thrive.

The USA used to not give a shyt about the bottom and just pursue wealth.....that was the period from the "Gilded Age" to the "Roaring Twenties" and it damn near collapsed the entire country. FDR came into office with a mandate for worrying about the bottom and it immediately resulted in the greatest growth in TRUE prosperity, across all people, in all of American history.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah the framing is not right

this is corporate standard practice. The stores underperforming has nothing to do with minimum wage. It's just a way to frame the whole thing.

wild how all this works.

You'll notice how EVERY time any company underperforms, anywhere, the right-wing internet take is to blame it on whatever the latest hot-button political issue is. It's either too much crime, or DEI, or inflation, or increases in the minimum wage, you can guarentee it.

The issue is never corporate errors or response to price gouging or people just not liking the product like that.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Fukk shake shack and their thin sliced overpriced "burgers" made for anorexics anyway. Trust the REAL reason they asses goin under :pacspit:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
why are they having multiple children if they don't have the means or job to support them? no one is forcing anyone to raise anyone :childplease:terrible phrasing
This is the real @the cac mamba when immigrants aren't involved and he can't use them to pretend to care about the well-being of American citizens.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is the real @the cac mamba when immigrants aren't involved and he can't use them to pretend to care about the well-being of American citizens.

He just went straight to the eugenics argument.

He knew that he was incapable of even discussing the real-world fact that people working low-wage jobs have children too (just like everyone else), so instead he tried to move the argument to the ridiculous imaginary world of "Unskilled laborers shouldn't even have children, that would solve everything."

I wonder if he thinks that applies to the 70-80% of laborers in third-world countries who are living in poverty too....and where he imagines that his clothes and food and damn near every consumer good in his life would come from if poor people stopped reproducing.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
your definition of "woman" is a man with a penis

This is your goto deflection EVERY time you're losing an argument. :dead:

You've used it with me like 5 different times even though I've NEVER argued in favor of that. You just reflexively accuse people of it every time you get stuck.

Don't matter that it has NOTHING to do with the conversation. :mjlol:

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I find false about this thread is the repeated talking point about supporting a family on fast food worker wage, its disingenuous like a muthafukka.....

You can't even support 1 person (yourself) on fast food working wage, I literally worked making $5.15 and $8.50 in both DC & Indy working fast food/restaurant gigs from 2003-2007, had 1 bedroom(I was in SE), a car, plus a little spending money...

The shyt ain't adding up.....

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
Why should anyone working an honest living be forced to raise their children in poverty?

Show me the neighborhoods that people are living in making $20k a year in Los Angeles. Or even $30k.

This is 100% the exact opposite of reality.

EVERY society in history that has ever thrived has gotten there by worrying about the bottom. When societies fight to ban slavery, ban child labor, protect worker rights, protect the rights of the accused, institute universal public education even for the poor, institute universal health care even for the poor, institute a social safety even for the poor, THAT is when they thrive.

The USA used to not give a shyt about the bottom and just pursue wealth.....that was the period from the "Gilded Age" to the "Roaring Twenties" and it damn near collapsed the entire country. FDR came into office with a mandate for worrying about the bottom and it immediately resulted in the greatest growth in TRUE prosperity, across all people, in all of American history.

These jobs aren't for career minded ppl. So let's not try to equate raising a family with folks working in burger joints.

They should be for low skilled part time folks or kids before they get into a career...the corporate side...the books...projections etc depend on paying these ppl appropriately. If all of a sudden the govt is like nah start paying these ppl a career wage that screws up companies projections and profit margin.

I know if it was my business and the state did that I would make changes asap as I don't want to lose profit.

Shake shack isn't non profit...if the govt wanna do that it should come from their pockets ie those dummies that live in the state...from taxes not from private and publicly owned companies. Just my opinion