Stop TRYING TO party with them!

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Breh I can tell you SOOOOOOOOOO Many stories about the Wars back then..... Man it popped off something AWFUL around 97:mjlol:

I will never forget that night on 4th Street around were Mellow Mushroom is now... there was some club on the corner of one off them streets and a dude got thrown through the GD glass door. Cats was rioting (fight/brawl wise) in the street and someone let off a semi automatic had cats trynna crawl under cars and shyt!!:mjlol:

Girls were crying and it was pandemonium

I also remember that spot across from the bus station with the steps.... on the corner of Liberty.... they "Old Bank". That use to be a club and the fights I've seen in there..... shyt was like some shyt you'd see in movies:mjlol:

Man we terrorized that city.... it was all fun and games till when cats got older they couldnt go no where to party.

I remember later in my adult years hearing about the Nitty Gritty. I was gonna go check that out then BAM later heard a dude got shot.... Grand Closing:russ:

We savages back home.... No telling what kinda of ignorant decrepit serial killer I wouldve turned out to be if I'd never went away to A&T, got my education and moved to Charlotte:wow::whew:

Yeah I remember the Nitty Gritty incident, pretty sure I knew some folk involved with that :wow:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I got my wakeup call when I went to Peabody's the second time. They wouldn't let my ass in the door. Said I was baggy and I don't even dress baggy.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah I remember the Nitty Gritty incident, pretty sure I knew some folk involved with that :wow:

I hate to say it.... but when I heard the name.... then later found out it was on the South Side.... I knew it had no chance and wasnt gonna last:mjlol:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I just want to say one thing to people in here with the "why would anyone go to a white club" or taking sub shots at Charlotte and our Nightlife.

Its not that we dont have black spots.

But this is a NEW spot that just recently open and peeps just went there out of curiousity. Hell ful disclosure, I was at the Epicenter last Weds and saw it for the 1st time myself and was intrigued and was planning on going. This was like around 6, the doors was open but it wasnt like actually open yet, you could just see in there (they have like these window walls that open out to the public). This also was before this latest incident happened.

I'm not sure most people knew it was a white club until probably this incident, DEFINITELY didnt know it was a RACIST club. But its only natural to be curious about something new.

Now that all this has hit the fan, I definitely will not be showing my support of going there. Hell the club directly RIGHT BESIDE IT called Vault is pretty much a black club so its not like we losing out on nothing down here in Charlotte

Depends on where @Art Barr stays.... honestly... I aint even know he was an NC breh.

If he lives in Ral/Dur, he needs to be hitting up the spot where 9th Wonder and his crew be doing shyt.... like the Mosaic on Wednesday Nights ( I once drove from Char to Ral to one and it was nice..... had to work the next morning too but had to show the big homey that Winston support and love, was able to chop it up with him between sessions) or 95 Live his Friday jawn he does. And the other shyt around the way.

Charlotte, we got a lot of shyt throughout the week dont even know where to begin with that.

If you live in Winston.... man I cant front... my era of HS (96-99) fukked that city UP party wise.... we fukked it up so much for the black clubs that N***** {I'm black so I can say it legit chumps} had to go to fukking Gboro to party on :mjlol:

Not sure whats popping now other than a few hood spots that real talk, unless you a local and kinda known and how no city beef, I wouldnt suggest just walking up in. If you're a well rounded upper mid class college educated breh.... stay the fukk away it aint for you.

Gboro...... thats a college town so they stay having party spots... though I aint been up there in years, I guy some brehs that I be seeing through some shyt at the clubs there.... but again.... I live in Charlotte... why the fukk would I leave here to party there:ld:

If you aint in the main 5 cities of NC and live in them small towns and dont live near the big 5?

You kinda fukked... you a country nicca.... you should be out somewhere fukking them bored thick ass PAWGS and black chicks that never made it out or came back for whatever reason. Yall probably aint got too many varieties of Hispanics other than Mexicans, no Asians, or Indians so good luck with that cuz the few you have may stick with they own. But again, you fukked, grab you some drinks, head to someone house and PANDORA it till yall get drunk and fukk..... thats all I can tell ya:manny:

I'll be damned if you ain't on point pleighboi. :wow:

Winston will never, ever see another time where there's a selection of predominately black clubs or parties. that 90s era was just :wow:

I even had a few skirmishes and dust ups and 40 yrd dashes from club gunfire. ..

Gboro was the spot, and niccas used to be like, "Here come them Winston niccas." :stopitslime:

:mjlol:

Shyt has changed a lot... former Forsyth DA deaded all that shyt.

And yeah, don't fall off in any of the hole in the walls if you're not with someone who's known in there. I used to fukk with Nitty Gritty over by Hemingway when I touched down. And that club over by the old Happy Hill Projects...which is really some old folks shyt, but the club struggle was so real niccas used to still fall off in there when they didn't wanna drive to Gboro. :mjlol:

it was another spot over by Easton too... not too far from Belview.

I even fell off that 700 s.ft. spot with the damn graffiti all on the outside of it by Cleveland Projects. Shyt was a glorified liquor house man. Never again. I know I saw niccas tootin'... openly... smh.

I had a real revelation when talkin' with my homeboy several years ago while chillin' in Winston... he was like, man, "Winston is really like a big a$$ county town. Like 250K populated country town. He was like this shyt country man..." I was like... :ohhh: ... Yooooooooooooooo... :ohhh:

Real country towns in Eastern NC are the worst man... I went to a party in a fukkin barn in Lousiburg. Real life. Checked your car for guns.

In Charlotte I used to fukk with the UNCC area for parties. Never really fukked with downtown til I got older.

GBoro was around UNCG and A&t... I feel like GBoro could be so much more, tho. Arguably it is the most metro feeling city in NC with it's streetscape and design, IMO. Raleigh and Charlotte start to feel hella sprawly and suburban once you move outside of their cores.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Breh I can tell you SOOOOOOOOOO Many stories about the Wars back then..... Man it popped off something AWFUL around 97:mjlol:

I will never forget that night on 4th Street around were Mellow Mushroom is now... there was some club on the corner of one off them streets and a dude got thrown through the GD glass door. Cats was rioting (fight/brawl wise) in the street and someone let off a semi automatic had cats trynna crawl under cars and shyt!!:mjlol:

Girls were crying and it was pandemonium

I also remember that spot across from the bus station with the steps.... on the corner of Liberty.... they "Old Bank". That use to be a club and the fights I've seen in there..... shyt was like some shyt you'd see in movies:mjlol:

Man we terrorized that city.... it was all fun and games till when cats got older they couldnt go no where to party.

I remember later in my adult years hearing about the Nitty Gritty. I was gonna go check that out then BAM later heard a dude got shot.... Grand Closing:russ:

We savages back home.... No telling what kinda of ignorant decrepit serial killer I wouldve turned out to be if I'd never went away to A&T, got my education and moved to Charlotte:wow::whew:

:ohhh:

You talkin' about the Millienium ... homie I pretty sure we know the same people... :ohhh:Southside was beefin' with Eastside. Morningside and Rolling Hills were beefin'... Carver vs Parkland and Glenn...

Soooooooooooo much shyt popped off... Can honestly say I'm blessed to be here. Real life.

It was legit like... not whether shyt was gonna pop off, but when, and how many niccas were gonna get scuffed.

Daps
14125531_1752668688315790_4667414238216188122_o.jpg

Prolly did them folks a favor:dwillhuh:. From the banner alone I can sense the gay vibes and overpriced "Cocktails" made by a "Mixologist" with a stripe someplace on his body.

Fuc i thought my head was big

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I just want to say one thing to people in here with the "why would anyone go to a white club" or taking sub shots at Charlotte and our Nightlife.

Its not that we dont have black spots.

But this is a NEW spot that just recently open and peeps just went there out of curiousity. Hell ful disclosure, I was at the Epicenter last Weds and saw it for the 1st time myself and was intrigued and was planning on going. This was like around 6, the doors was open but it wasnt like actually open yet, you could just see in there (they have like these window walls that open out to the public). This also was before this latest incident happened.

I'm not sure most people knew it was a white club until probably this incident, DEFINITELY didnt know it was a RACIST club. But its only natural to be curious about something new.

Now that all this has hit the fan, I definitely will not be showing my support of going there. Hell the club directly RIGHT BESIDE IT called Vault is pretty much a black club so its not like we losing out on nothing down here in Charlotte

Depends on where @Art Barr stays.... honestly... I aint even know he was an NC breh.

If he lives in Ral/Dur, he needs to be hitting up the spot where 9th Wonder and his crew be doing shyt.... like the Mosaic on Wednesday Nights ( I once drove from Char to Ral to one and it was nice..... had to work the next morning too but had to show the big homey that Winston support and love, was able to chop it up with him between sessions) or 95 Live his Friday jawn he does. And the other shyt around the way.

Charlotte, we got a lot of shyt throughout the week dont even know where to begin with that.

If you live in Winston.... man I cant front... my era of HS (96-99) fukked that city UP party wise.... we fukked it up so much for the black clubs that N***** {I'm black so I can say it legit chumps} had to go to fukking Gboro to party on :mjlol:

Not sure whats popping now other than a few hood spots that real talk, unless you a local and kinda known and how no city beef, I wouldnt suggest just walking up in. If you're a well rounded upper mid class college educated breh.... stay the fukk away it aint for you.

Gboro...... thats a college town so they stay having party spots... though I aint been up there in years, I guy some brehs that I be seeing through some shyt at the clubs there.... but again.... I live in Charlotte... why the fukk would I leave here to party there:ld:

If you aint in the main 5 cities of NC and live in them small towns and dont live near the big 5?

You kinda fukked... you a country nicca.... you should be out somewhere fukking them bored thick ass PAWGS and black chicks that never made it out or came back for whatever reason. Yall probably aint got too many varieties of Hispanics other than Mexicans, no Asians, or Indians so good luck with that cuz the few you have may stick with they own. But again, you fukked, grab you some drinks, head to someone house and PANDORA it till yall get drunk and fukk..... thats all I can tell ya:manny:

I stay in what I believe is called the upstate.
So it is economically two hours from Atlanta in one direction and two hours in the other direction to north Carolina from what I heard.

I could not move around cause my vette and this guy fixing my vette is probably ruining my car as we speak.
Plus my money went to head gasket vette work.
Including a separate incident where i had to retain
a lawyer.
which just remedied some infuriating ass bullshyt I literally had to be experienced to get out of all the way.
I just had to pay for it.

Just got it dismissed, just this week actually.
So now I am trying to move around out here and see what else is to it entertainment wise.
I just need to know if it is worth it for one direction over the other.
or just how to play it.
As far as sometimes I will go to ATL, this time.
Except some other week, they got some shyt in south Carolina to north Carolina drive type shyt.

Just wanna know if it is poppin and what the level of women are, to be riding out real talk tho.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Winston will never, ever see another time where there's a selection of predominately black clubs or parties. that 90s era was just :wow:

I even had a few skirmishes and dust ups and 40 yrd dashes from club gunfire. ..

Gboro was the spot, and niccas used to be like, "Here come them Winston niccas." :stopitslime:

And yeah, don't fall off in any of the hole in the walls if you're not with someone who's known in there. I used to fukk with Nitty Gritty over by Hemingway when I touched down. And that club over by the old Happy Hill Projects...which is really some old folks shyt, but the club struggle was so real niccas used to still fall off in there when they didn't wanna drive to Gboro. :mjlol:

I even fell off that 700 s.ft. spot with the damn graffiti all on the outside of it by Cleveland Projects. Shyt was a glorified liquor house man. Never again. I know I saw niccas tootin'... openly... smh.

I had a real revelation when talkin' with my homeboy several years ago while chillin' in Winston... he was like, man, "Winston is really like a big a$$ county town. Like 250K populated country town. He was like this shyt country man..." I was like... :ohhh: ... Yooooooooooooooo... :ohhh:

Real country towns in Eastern NC are the worst man... I went to a party in a fukkin barn in Lousiburg. Real life. Checked your car for guns.

In Charlotte I used to fukk with the UNCC area for parties. Never really fukked with downtown til I got older.

GBoro was around UNCG and A&t... I feel like GBoro could be so much more, tho. Arguably it is the most metro feeling city in NC with it's streetscape and design, IMO. Raleigh and Charlotte start to feel hella sprawly and suburban once you move outside of their cores.

Breh you too close to home now :wow:

I know @Paradise50 and @SireSiah#KWU can relate

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

NINJA!!!!! That was my spot!!!! Yea the one right behind Hanes Middle School, my old Middle school!:wow:

Telling my age a bit and talking about a time before social Media.... yea you right... cats used to smoke and whatever FREELY there. Like I went to school with and against Josh Howard. Breh used to be "wildin out" there (not gonna put my breh biz on full blast) and I'd look at this cat like "bruh you need to chill you at Wake what if they found out":dwillhuh: And he'd look at me like:stopitslime: "Ninja just stand right there aint no one gonna say nothing" (We the same height, I might have been slightly taller then but I would block his view).

Going back to your Gboro point.... yea they did used to be like "Here come them Winston niccas." :stopitslime: But I always thought it was more like "Here come them Winston niccas." :merchant::whoa::damn:

I remember being in Jokers 6 in 98-99.... on the Friday Night which if I recall was LOCAL NIGHT (cuz college night was Thurs). And me being already at T, but would click up with my WS niccas that was driving up to party. I recall if incident happen like one of them bumped into a dude, stepped on a shoe (accidental shyt not petty ill shyt) of the hardest toughest looking dude.... instead of like popping off, they'd be like "yo cuz where you from?:patrice: And when my boys said "we from Winston" them Gboro cats NEVER wanted no problems they'd be like:whoa: "We good cuz, I will watch where I'm going or I will buy some new kicks I dont even like these":mjlol: Just shyt like that.

Now I wont front though..... HP niccas.... they would beef. Most of the fights I've seen in Jokers was between some Winston and High Point cats... and every time we snuff them out:mjlol:

Gboro dudes to the side looking like :damn:

I remember Gboro chicks would NEVER want to come to WS:lolbron:

We always had to go there to get the ass!:mjlol:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NINJA!!!!! That was my spot!!!! Yea the one right behind Hanes Middle School, my old Middle school!:wow:

Telling my age a bit and talking about a time before social Media.... yea you right... cats used to smoke and whatever FREELY there. Like I went to school with and against Josh Howard. Breh used to be "wildin out" there (not gonna put my breh biz on full blast) and I'd look at this cat like "bruh you need to chill you at Wake what if they found out":dwillhuh: And he'd look at me like:stopitslime: "Ninja just stand right there aint no one gonna say nothing" (We the same height, I might have been slightly taller then but I would block his view).

Going back to your Gboro point.... yea they did used to be like "Here come them Winston niccas." :stopitslime: But I always thought it was more like "Here come them Winston niccas." :merchant::whoa::damn:

I remember being in Jokers 6 in 98-99.... on the Friday Night which if I recall was LOCAL NIGHT (cuz college night was Thurs). And me being already at T, but would click up with my WS niccas that was driving up to party. I recall if incident happen like one of them bumped into a dude, stepped on a shoe (accidental shyt not petty ill shyt) of the hardest toughest looking dude.... instead of like popping off, they'd be like "yo cuz where you from?:patrice: And when my boys said "we from Winston" them Gboro cats NEVER wanted no problems they'd be like:whoa: We good cuz, I will watch where I'm going or I will buy some new kicks I dont even like these:mjlol: Just shyt like that.

Now I wont front though..... HP niccas.... they would beef. Most of the fights I've seen in Jokers was between some Winston and High Point cats... and every time we snuff them out:mjlol:

Gboro dudes to the side looking like :damn:

I remember Gboro chicks would NEVER want to come to WS:lolbron:

We always had to go there to get the ass!:mjlol:

All facts. :wow:

You right about HP... you ever used to go to High Point Park on Sundays? :mjlol: Homie used to take me out there when I touched down...

I think it was right by the same projects in the fukkin' Fantasia Bet movie. :mjol:

Shyt was slum as fukk... but packed out... I'm tellin' you man I used to see Fantasia out there. :mjlol: But yeah, they were with the shyts.
Breh you too close to home now :wow:

I know @Paradise50 and @SireSiah#KWU can relate

I wont even get into all this shyt on net but y'all know... had a lil' stint in the tre4. Was not a game. :salute: all my tre4 fam. My Gboro fam. my triad fam. :wow:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
All facts. :wow:

You right about HP... you ever used to go to High Point Park on Sundays? :mjlol: Homie used to take me out there when I touched down...

I think it was right by the same projects in the fukkin' Fantasia Bet movie. :mjol:

Shyt was slum as fukk... but packed out... I'm tellin' you man I used to see Fantasia out there. :mjlol: But yeah, they were with the shyts.

I wont even get into all this shyt on net but y'all know... had a lil' stint in the tre4. Was not a game. :salute: all my tre4 fam. My Gboro fam. my triad fam. :wow:

Na... honestly... I never fukked with HP... back then that city was "beneath me" like you know young dumb WS niccas (yes talking about me too at 15-20) was mad arrogant and thought we was the shyt. Winston was the city, Gboro had the bytches, HP.... eh.... they got furniture:mjlol:

They never really brought much to the table that generated interest for me to venture like that. Other than traveling for Bball when I played for Parkland High. I dont think I really ever went to HP till I got to A&T and I was just curious. I fukked only ONE chick from there years later... and they chick still there looking hood as fukk:lolbron:with her dirty ass hood HP nicca:russ:

Full disclosure... I aint even respect other cities in NC till I moved to Charlotte... thats when I saw and learned some shyt:whew:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Na... honestly... I never fukked with HP... back then that city was "beneath me" like you know young dumb WS niccas (yes talking about me too at 15-20) was mad arrogant and thought was the shyt. Winston was the city, Gboro had the bytches, HP.... eh.... they got furniture:mjlol:

They never really brought much to the table that generated interest for me to venture like that. Other than traveling for Bball when I played for Parkland High. I dont think I really ever went to HP till I got to A&T and I was just curious. I fukked only ONE chick from there years later... and they chick still there looking hood as fukk:lolbron:with her dirty ass hood HP nicca:russ:

No doubt... felt the same way about HP, too...I was legit shocked tho.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
another fukked up this is when you finally find an all black club the shyt either getting shut down by the cops for no reason or you got nikkas who don't know how to behave fukking up the environment. This is why i mostly save my money and stay home.
Same here, I don't fukk with clubs at all. I'd rather hit up the library.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol::russ:

y'all got me rolling, man. shyt it was still like that when I was at A&T from 05-09 :lolbron:...I mean it wasn't the students but when the locals popped up at parties shyt always turned up. Edit: Now that I think about it some Winston students was beefing w/ nikkas on campus llmaooo

also like the other guy said, the late 90s winston nikkas created that reputation :pachaha:...there's an infamous tale about winston nikkas getting into it w/ Nas years back and ALSO the MTV shyt w/ Jay had the club scene in Winston. I think Beans was ready to get it in w/ some nikkas :skip:

Winston nightlife has been trash for years but it really fell off after that officer got killed outside the club on Jonestown Rd. ..fukking idiot shot down at the parking lot from the BP on the hill :camby:

I agree about Greensboro being the perfect city for nightlife :ahh:....I haven't hit the boro for nightlife in awhile because I've just been on my school shyt lately but I heard it still be cool