Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yes it does, he became a reliable 40% shooter from three. If he can do it, so would many others if asked of them.
The average NBA career is 5 years, and here you are saying Kidd who needed well over a decade to finally add a J to his name is proof many others would have done the same while knowing most NBA careers dont have a decade worth of bricks to eventually become good shooters.

:mjlol:

Daps
Speaking of trying to fool people, that's you. You didn't call Joker as the next anything.. You're not smart. Most people here have been rockin with Joker for years now. We all have the same access to the advanced metrics and it was clear his teammates just needed to be healthy.

Just because the GSW have fallen off you want people to now believe you were ahead of the curve on Joker, nobody believes it.
"You didn't call Joker as the next anything"
"You're not smart"
"Most people here have been rockin with Joker for years now"
"We all have the same access to the advanced metrics and it was clear his teammates just needed to be healthy."
"You want people to now believe you were ahead of the curve on Joker."

This reeks of you being insecure. Ain't nobody talking about Jokic in here yet you wanna tell on yourself.

:picard:
Go take another "vacation" or stop being a p*ssy and hiding from your thread.
Why do you keep going on about this "your thread" nonsense, as if it's not transparent that you're deflecting every single time you bring it up?

You and the rest of my groupies can keep on talking to yourselves in that thread because I can't see it.

:umad:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Do yall think Barkley-Stockton woudve worked better than Malone-Stockton? Like let's say Stockton plays for the 92-93 Suns instead of Kevin Johnson, what changes? Or Barkley plays for the Jazz from 88 to 94 instead of Malone?

Even though I'd rather have prime Chuck over prime Malone in a playoff series. Malone was a better pick & pop player so I don't think the synergy with btwn Chuck & Stockton would've been as good.

KJ had a pretty bad series against the Bulls in 93, so replace him w/ Stockton, that series tilts a little bit more in the Suns favor

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yes it does, he became a reliable 40% shooter from three. If he can do it, so would many others if asked of them.
On the teams he became a reliable shooter, he was taking open threes because the attention was on other offensive players.

When he was in Phoenix and New Jersey, he was a number one option.

On Dallas—part 2—and the Knicks, Kidd was a 3rd/4th option.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Even though I'd rather have prime Chuck over prime Malone in a playoff series. Malone was a better pick & pop player so I don't think the synergy with btwn Chuck & Stockton would've been as good.

KJ had a pretty bad series against the Bulls in 93, so replace him w/ Stockton, that series tilts a little bit more in the Suns favor
Malone’s scoring method was limited. I think Stockton would have easily adapted to the variety of ways Barkley could score.

Glorious

All Star
Daps
that twitter thread noted 3 of 6 MJ championships were against perennial chockers in Seattle and Utah, but I would add Portland to that list as well. So 2/3 not half . And that's nothing against MJ because he deserves all his props:mjgrin:
In the finals, the Bulls were always the favorite team. Even in 91. That was a Laker team on it's last legs with a man who just contracted HIV. I mean.... that wasn't the 80s Late Show Showtime Lakers.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The Pistons beat those same Blazers and beat what was left of The Lakers

The Lakers played practically nobody in The West during the 80s

The Sixers came & went

We can stomp on you Duran Duran nikkax no differently

:childplease:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Pistons beat those same Blazers and beat what was left of The Lakers

The Lakers played practically nobody in The West during the 80s

The Sixers came & went

We can stomp on you Duran Duran nikkax no differently
I mean you do kinda have a point. Like who did the bad boy pistons ever really beat? The pre dynasty bulls? The corpse of Kareem and no magic in the 89 finals? Even if Magic was healthy in 89 that wasn’t like the 85 or 87 teams

NYC Rebel

Daps
The 80’s west was mostly garbage. In the 1987 playoffs they didn’t face 1 50 win team to get to the finals
The year the Lakers became the first team, to win back to back championships in 20 seasons, they had the Jazz, Mavs, and Rockets who were good teams

NYC Rebel

Daps
I mean you do kinda have a point. Like who did the bad boy pistons ever really beat? The pre dynasty bulls? The corpse of Kareem and no magic in the 89 finals? Even if Magic was healthy in 89 that wasn’t like the 85 or 87 teams
Celtics. They should’ve beat in the Celtics the year prior if Isaiah didn’t throw that dumb ass pass.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Malone’s scoring method was limited. I think Stockton would have easily adapted to the variety of ways Barkley could score.

I don't disagree with either point, I just don't think the two man game would've been as fluid as the Stockton/Malone PnR. But it would've been interesting to see how much more Chuck's game benefits from an elite pass first pg, I don't have any doubt that Malone's game takes a hit without one.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, they were chokers, but.

It was also a lot tougher to win in the '80/'90s.

Back then, it was all Lakers, Celtics, 76ers, and then every once in a while , a team like Houston would break through, until Detroit broke the monotony

Something like 40 of the top 75 players played in the '80s & '90s.

By the time the NBA got a little more watered down due to overexpansion, Malone & Stockton were already in their 30s.
Some of the teams they were losing to were nobodies or teams that never won anything though. It’s not like they were losing to the champs or anything most of the time