Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Um, Larry Brown coached the Spurs.

he's top 5 all-time

And Robinson had Sean Elliott, who was an all-star & for a while Dennis Rodman, the GOAT rebounder/ defender at his absolute peak.
Larry Brown didnt coach the Spurs team you referencing.

And Sean Elliot was probably a third option ar his best.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That boy dumb you wasting your time.

Offenses weren't designed around 3s for multiple reasons:

1.) Guys couldn't shoot it as well. You hear this a lot in interviews with older players. 3s were not emphasized.

2.) With the illegal defense rules you could just abuse 1vs1 matchups in the post and kick out to the obvious double. There were no pre-rotations allowed back then. Very easy to score in iso.

3.) Rule changes from the 03-04 season that had made defenses into juggernauts going into the 04-05 season started opening up the game for the offense. D'Antoni also started tinkering with things and you start seeing the Phoenix Suns murdering established defenses. This laid the groundwork for the GS and Houston offenses that would show up later.

Simply put the older era not only couldn't shoot 3s as well as modern guards, but they also weren't incentivized to do so. You put them guys vs a modern NBA team and they are simply getting cooked. The 90s NBA is some of the worst basketball to watch because most of talent was just lackluster compared to what you see today. The "modern" NBA really started to take off after the 01 season when the league was tinkering with rules to make the game more watchable and emphasize skills over terrible talent masquerading as "hard defense".

You're a clown and Gil is a hiding cac coward. You are repeating a lot of what I said previously and trying to spin it in your own words. I already said the 3 wasn't emphasized but it wasn't because they couldn't shoot, it simply wasn't the way basketball was played with dominant bigs all over the place, that was the game.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The team was mostly black.

Karl Malone was a dirty, hustleman pretending to be a number one option and Stockton lacked scoring aggression.
You cant be the 3rd all time leading scorer and be a pretend 1st option. He wasnt a closer/clutch player. Stocktons mindset was also a problem. He wasnt aggressive enough

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Do yall think Barkley-Stockton woudve worked better than Malone-Stockton? Like let's say Stockton plays for the 92-93 Suns instead of Kevin Johnson, what changes? Or Barkley plays for the Jazz from 88 to 94 instead of Malone?
Barkley was a better create his own shot scorer than Malone.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You cant be the 3rd all time leading scorer and be a pretend 1st option. He wasnt a closer/clutch player. Stocktons mindset was also a problem. He wasnt aggressive enough

So your post is saying Malone wasnt a forreal number one option and Stockton lacked scoring aggression. Which is what this thread said. What is your point?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Do yall think Barkley-Stockton woudve worked better than Malone-Stockton? Like let's say Stockton plays for the 92-93 Suns instead of Kevin Johnson, what changes? Or Barkley plays for the Jazz from 88 to 94 instead of Malone?

Stockton was a better defender than KJ. So maybe that changes things.

Daps
If you gonna neg me then come see me bytch lmao. Stop hiding in here with a couple old heads
You can't even tag me on an anonymous msgboard and you're talking about come see you?

:usure:

I check you every time I see you posting nonsense, but you're too much of a coward to respond to me because you know you posted some dumb shyt. You get laughed out of every thread when you post more than one line because everyone can see how transparent and foolish you are. Instead of addressing @LV Koopa with a proper response after he debunked your whole position, you threw the exact same vague shyt at the wall in hopes that it would stick.

You not fooling anybody.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You can't even tag me on an anonymous msgboard and you're talking about come see you?

:usure:

I check you every time I see you posting nonsense, but you're too much of a coward to respond to me because you know you posted some dumb shyt. You get laughed out of every thread when you post more than one line because everyone can see how transparent and foolish you are. Instead of addressing @LV Koopa with a proper response after he debunked your whole position, you threw the exact same vague shyt at the wall in hopes that it would stick.

You not fooling anybody.

Speaking of trying to fool people, that's you. You didn't call Joker as the next anything.. You're not smart. Most people here have been rockin with Joker for years now. We all have the same access to the advanced metrics and it was clear his teammates just needed to be healthy.

Just because the GSW have fallen off you want people to now believe you were ahead of the curve on Joker, nobody believes it. Go take another "vacation" or stop being a p*ssy and hiding from your thread.