Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Jason Kidd was a good example. Age 35 and 36 he's shooting 42% from 3 with more attempts. Sorry but if they were told to do it, they'd have no trouble doing it. Get over yourself. Lousy bigs who come into the league and can't shoot for shyt develop a corner 3. Lmaoooo
Just because Jason Kidd took 1 million years to become a better shooter doesnt change the FACT that shooters back then, even with a shorter 3pt line, werent as good it.

Again…90s ball was FALLOFF ball from the 80s. the quality of 90s NBA ball was pure shyt, yet covered with extra strength MJ potpourri

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just because Jason Kidd took 1 million years to become a better shooter doesnt change the FACT that shooters back then, even with a shorter 3pt line, werent as good it.

Again…90s ball was FALLOFF ball from the 80s. the quality of 90s NBA ball was pure shyt, yet covered with extra strength MJ potpourri

The 3-pointer wasn't emphasized. You are in here saying "they shot worse :sadbron: " discussing guys who maybe took two three point attempts per game. The stats mean nothing because in many cases it's such a small and random sample size. They weren't even designing plays for it.

If they were told to go shoot a bunch of threes they would have no trouble improving tremendously just like Jason Kidd, a poor shooter in the 90s, did when he was told to do it. Facts.

The fact that you've fallen in love with teams shooting uncontested threes back and forth for 48 minutes means nothing to the discussion.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The 3-pointer wasn't emphasized. You are in here saying "they shot worse :sadbron: " discussing guys who maybe took two three point attempts per game. The stats mean nothing because in many cases it's such a small and random sample size. They weren't even designing plays for it.

If they were told to go shoot a bunch of threes they would have no trouble improving tremendously just like Jason Kidd, a poor shooter in the 90s, did when he was told to do it. Facts.

The fact that you've fallen in love with teams shooting uncontested threes back and forth for 48 minutes means nothing to the discussion.
If you contest the three, that leaves more spacing on the floor.

Shooters are better today and the game is involved. But I’m going to repeat this because you obviously we’re not somebody who’s there at the time to witness it.

To watch the great play of stable teams up in the 80s…. Disappear in the 90s… are you going to tell me I’m wrong about that? You’re going to tell me there wasn’t a drop off and Quality?

90s NBA lives off of the “they played MJ hard” ethos.

That shyt was trash and was fall off the cliff ball compared to the 80s.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If you contest the three, that leaves more spacing on the floor.

Shooters are better today and the game is involved. But I’m going to repeat this because you obviously we’re not somebody who’s there at the time to witness it.

To watch the great play of stable teams up in the 80s…. Disappear in the 90s… are you going to tell me I’m wrong about that? You’re going to tell me there wasn’t a drop off and Quality?

90s NBA lives off of the “they played MJ hard” ethos.

That shyt was trash and was fall off the cliff ball compared to the 80s.

I'm not telling you I loved the 84-79 games of the late 90s and early 2000s. I'm telling you that if the 3-point shot was emphasized as a strategy of offense and coaches wanted to do away with long 2's that the players of the 90's would have ADAPTED. Because they had the tools. You want to look at small sample size percentages and say they couldn't shoot the 3, I'm not going that far with it. Many of those players would have improved their percentage tremendously.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I'm not telling you I loved the 84-79 games of the late 90s and early 2000s. I'm telling you that if the 3-point shot was emphasized as a strategy of offense and coaches wanted to do away with long 2's that the players of the 90's would have ADAPTED. Because they had the tools. You want to look at small sample size percentages and say they couldn't shoot the 3, I'm not going that far with it. Many of those players would have improved their percentage tremendously.
Then what the fukk are you arguing? Today’s play has so much more ball movement than that stifling dry ass bullshyt of the 90s.

90s ball was stale as fukking hell. Im sorry but that shyt was trash.

Rampant expansion ruined everything.

NYC Rebel

Daps
That's all this is about.. I know it but I'm willing to have the conversation. People need to get over the MJ shyt. He's the GOAT and that's that.
Who the hell doesn’t think MJ isnt the GOAT?

I could think he’s the greatest of all time and say the 90s was pure piss.

shyt was fall off quality NBA played saved by the GOAT.

I called the jazz choke artist in real time before they even met the bulls in the finals. :dahell:

Niqqa, that was their identity. The Blazers being worse took the heat off of them:scust:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I called the jazz choke artist in real time before they even met the bulls in the finals. :dahell:

Niqqa, that was their identity. The Blazers being worse took the heat off of them:scust:

Yes, but my very first post in this thread, I put the blame on the Rockets for why the later threepeat of the Bulls wasn't as exciting. They had the team to give the Bulls problems and they fukked it up. They gave the Bulls issues in the regular season too.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
My GOD!

I forgot about most of these failures!! 🤮

This tweet got granular with how often they choked!! :damn:

Papers were calling them the “legacy of losers” :russ:

Certainly didn't choke when they played the Lakers.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Certain group of Stans all up in this thread too:unimpressed:
Your inability to talk Jazz basketball is a you issue.

MJ is the GOAT. Nothing about the choke artist team he faced twice in the finals changes that

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jason Kidd was a good example. Age 35 and 36 he's shooting 42% from 3 with more attempts. Sorry but if they were told to do it, they'd have no trouble doing it. Get over yourself. Lousy bigs who come into the league and can't shoot for shyt develop a corner 3. Lmaoooo

You can't just magically give skills to people based off 1 guy who was a garbage volume shooter. There's tons of other guys from Kidd's era that tried to reinvent their shot and couldn't. Stockton gets praised for nostalgic reasons and is even put above PGs that are way, way better than him on offense like Nash/CP3/Isaiah while having by far a worse playoff resume than any of them.