Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Malone and Stockton.

Their legacies are propped up by their longevity, which smoothed over their shortcomings of being passive and not having scoring skillsets and mentalities that were conducive to winning basketball.

Stockton shied away from being aggressive when the Jazz needed him to score; he's given a pass for this because of the bullshyt archaic thinking that was attached to him being a pure PG. Malone didn't have a 1v1 scoring skillset and 'alpha' mentality that many of his peers had. He was a master at capitalizing on easy scoring opportunities, as it was his main source of scoring to make up for a lack of skill. He had a habit of fading in-and-out of games too because he didn't have a demeanor of winning by any means necessary.

As iconic as they were as a duo, they were also the worst kind of duo because they didn't have contrasting personalities to balance each other out.
Stockton and Mark Price are two guys that would be interesting to transport into today's game where they'd be told to shoot more. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference and they woulda been like Chris Paul and always left you wanting a little more anyway.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
My GOD!

I forgot about most of these failures!! 🤮

This tweet got granular with how often they choked!! :damn:

Papers were calling them the “legacy of losers” :russ:

Holy shyt that Twitter account eviscerated them dudes 🤣 🤣

Malone is generally regarded as a Top 20 GOAT today, Stockton as Top 30. Malone generally #2 power forward ever, Stockton around #5 point ever. Having seen them play, and including all of their lows plus their highs, do you feel they are justified in their general historical placement, or do you think they should be higher or lower?

I know just saying what I’ve heard from ogs, the two of em most likely win one ring if they ain’t run into Jordan. But I ain’t ever watch em play in real time so this my first time hearing they were playoff chokers
I didn't see them play either but it's pretty well known they had the choker label on them. Surprised you never heard this...

It's also pretty well known how weak the 90s NBA was, the NBA Mike dominated to 6 rings. Only people that gas that era from a competitive standpoint, are people invested in protecting Jordan Propaganda...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is why I would never complain about this era of basketball. Scoring drought 90s NBA ball was disgusting to watch. :scust:

How could you go on a scoreless drought in today's league where nobody is playing defense? The Celtics...a supposed... "great" defensive team have had a handful of games this postseason that rank near the WORST defensive ratings you'll ever see. They actually have a worse defensive rating vs. the Heat than San Antonio did in the regular season. The team picking first in the draft.

And it's not like the Heat are "shot makers" on a consistent basis like people wrongly say. They have hideous regular season numbers. Gabe Vincent scored 0 points in a play in game. This isn't great basketball we're looking at.

There's other issues too. GSW one of the "best" offensive teams in this era and they can't beat a 38-year old LeBron and a broken down Anthony Davis? Does that sound familiar?

Actually it does sound familiar, that sounds just like the late 90s when Jordan was coasting to the finals at an old age. LeBron and Steph are still among the best because the new generation of talent who are supposed to be "shot makers" are overrated and can't get the job done when it matters.

The Knicks this year one of the best teams in the East... they had a point guard who was a backup in Dallas scoring all their points and their next biggest star is Julius Randle.

This "deep era" is getting exposed left and right.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
How could you go on a scoreless drought in today's league where nobody is playing defense? The Celtics...a supposed... "great" defensive team have had a handful of games this postseason that rank near the WORST defensive ratings you'll ever see. They actually have a worse defensive rating vs. the Heat than San Antonio did in the regular season. The team picking first in the draft.

And it's not like the Heat are "shot makers" on a consistent basis like people wrongly say. They have hideous regular season numbers. Gabe Vincent scored 0 points in a play in game. This isn't great basketball we're looking at.

There's other issues too. GSW one of the "best" offensive teams in this era and they can't beat a 38-year old LeBron and a broken down Anthony Davis? Does that sound familiar?

Actually it does sound familiar, that sounds just like the late 90s when Jordan was coasting to the finals at an old age. LeBron and Steph are still among the best because the new generation of talent who are supposed to be "shot makers" are overrated and can't get the job done when it matters.

The Knicks this year one of the best teams in the East... they had a point guard who was a backup in Dallas scoring all their points and their next biggest star is Julius Randle.

This "deep era" is getting exposed left and right.
If shooters back, then shoot, as well as they do now, defensive will be extended, and we’d see the same type of scoring.

I don’t wanna hear shyt about the 90s anymore. I was disgusted watching the middling Davis boys battle in Charles Oakley in the low blocks. Throw that 90s ball in the trash.

I posted this in here years ago… “And that is Knicks first field goal and over 5 minutes and 37 seconds!!” - Marv Albert. :camby:

The 80s and now shyt all over that trash era.

Michael Jordan covered the complete fall off from 80s NBA quality I saw from the league in the 90s. shyt was atrocious and I said it in real time.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If shooters back, then shoot, as well as they do now, defensive will be extended, and we’d see the same type of scoring.

They would shoot better if that's all they had to do. This Miami team doesn't even shoot well regularly. They are actually a bad shooting team overall. When both teams are shooting 50 three point field goals a night, sometimes they are gonna go in.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
They would shoot better if that's all they had to do. This Miami team doesn't even shoot well regularly. They are actually a bad shooting team overall. When both teams are shooting 50 three point field goals a night, sometimes they are gonna go in.
They simply didn’t have the skill level to shoot as well as they do now. Get over yourselves. They shoot MORE threes today and at a HIGHER percentage.

Get over it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They simply didn’t have the skill level to shoot as well as they do now. Get over yourselves. They shoot MORE threes today and at a HIGHER percentage.

Get over it.

Jason Kidd was a good example. Age 35 and 36 he's shooting 42% from 3 with more attempts. Sorry but if they were told to do it, they'd have no trouble doing it. Get over yourself. Lousy bigs who come into the league and can't shoot for shyt develop a corner 3. Lmaoooo