Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
l

He had no real post moves. Everything was picking pop or in transition. There’s a reason why he struggled in playoff series.
A lot was in the post on some no move shyt. Just movement. Basically the John Collins special. That movement shyt works in the RS to a degree even in the modern NBA but it's dead in the playoffs and its harder to do it now than it was in the 90s. Things like illegal defense really benefited him. Look at David Robinson in the Spurs clips. He's literally never in position due to that stupid illegal defense rule.

Last edited:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reason why he struggled in the playoffs is because transition play came down to a halt. He had no real post up moves.

What was his go to shot besides pick & pop/roll?
Nothing you said is wrong. Malone choked in the offs. He mentally shrunk especially at the line. I just wanted to retort the jason collins or whomever comparison

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think in the modern NBA that you have Malone at the 3, Keefe at the 4 and Ostertag at the 5 and thinking you won't get beat by 90 points a game

The problem with nikkas who's old school and mentally wired from the 90s is they don't have any Basketball IQ at all. They just hold on to fantasy. Their dumbass will be trying to convince you why the Discman with 40 sec skip protection and a strange shaped headphone is better than using Apple music or Spotify on your cell using wireless Bose HD headphones. Their dumbasses will tell you why Goldeneye is still the best shooter when that shyt is ass if you play it right now.

nikkas like @Jplaya2023 dont understand basketball at all. Them nikkas brain just stopped developing when MTV raps ended.
You just posted with a straight face that in todays NBA karl malone would be a 3 with Adam fukking Keefe playing 4.

We're done here seek help

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You just posted with a straight face that in todays NBA karl malone would be a 3 with Adam fukking Keefe playing 4.

We're done here seek help
This nikka is more stupid than I thought. That's literally what Utah did in 97-98 for the majority of Malone's RS minutes.

If you do that today, Utah would get absolutely washed but in the RS in the late 90s, it was trash. Even Rodman said it.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Nothing you said is wrong. Malone choked in the offs. He mentally shrunk especially at the line. I just wanted to retort the jason collins or whomever comparison
You're stupid as fukk. Bro refuse to watch the damn tape. I am literally telling you to watch the fukking tape. You refuse. But but, I haven't played Megaman in 20 years and I know it's better than GTA 5 man, I know it. I hate stupid nikkas with a passion

If this was a LeBron/MJ thread, you would be posting an shyt load of film but you know you full of shyt. I can't even get mad at you for being a stupid piece of shyt

MJ stans are the fukking worst. This dude really just defending Malone because he directly feels it attacks his 🐐 legacy. His stupid ass knows Malone isn't any good in terms of today's NBA. What's crazy to me is Stockton is fukking legit. While he wouldn't be the player he was in his day in this era. He would still be legit. Still the best screen setter I've seen from a guard much less a small guard. His off ball movement for a PG was excellent. He obviously wasn't Steph but he was damn good. Stockton is that guy. Malone is just an ancient relic.

Last edited:

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Think in the modern NBA that you have Malone at the 3, Keefe at the 4 and Ostertag at the 5 and thinking you won't get beat by 90 points a game

The problem with nikkas who's old school and mentally wired from the 90s is they don't have any Basketball IQ at all. They just hold on to fantasy. Their dumbass will be trying to convince you why the Discman with 40 sec skip protection and a strange shaped headphone is better than using Apple music or Spotify on your cell using wireless Bose HD headphones. Their dumbasses will tell you why Goldeneye is still the best shooter when that shyt is ass if you play it right now.

nikkas like @Jplaya2023 dont understand basketball at all. Them nikkas brain just stopped developing when MTV raps ended.

:dead:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Malone might be the one player I have zero faith in being a star in this era of all of the 70s to 2000s players I've seen. Every single player I've seen is much better than Karl that was a star. Even Dave Cowens would have been a tremendous role player in this era.

Obviously he would need to add more range but I have no doubt he could do that.

Karl is the worst star ever. It's not even close. Stockton was Utah's star. Utah had some odd figures who would just not do well in the modern NBA. Mark Eaton for example but they were great for that era. Greg Ostertag, lmao. Antoine Carr. Not enough credit goes to Jerry Sloan. He might be the goat of the 90s even if Phil and Rudy has the hardware.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
When you really study Malone, what was he special at? Most of what he was special at, John Collins is special at and in the modern NBA, his peak was 20ppg.

Transition offense for bigs aren't even a thing anymore. He used to kill off that shyt.

Elite screen setter. While that has playmaking value, it's not that impactful anymore with the drop defense and switching.

He like JC has no post bag. They just do the jump hook and the short spin at high percentages. JC even more efficient at it than Karl but that's due to spamming more than anything JC does.

He didn't have a jumper for the first four seasons.

His elbow PnR with Stockton died in value as soon as the zone was implemented.

Honestly bro, what was special about him? Look at this game where he dropped 61. This shyt looks fukking awful

nikka no.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Kevin McHale’s bag shytS over Malone’s.

If I needed a bucket, I’d take McHale over Malone in a heartbeat
Ugh, you "bag" nikkaz are back?

I thought y'all died when KD & Kyrie got swept out the playoffs last year. :scust:

And this the best team Jordan ever beat. :pachaha::russ:
Yes, a team with a HOF coach, the former 2nd all-time points leader in history, and the guy who's still currently 1st all-time in assists & steals.:camby:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I’m not old enough to dissect their entire career, but they eventually just became another one of the long line of teams from the west who we’d expect to lose to bulls

LurkGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m not a fan of Malone and he wouldn’t be in my top 5 all time PF but…
You're stupid as fukk. Bro refuse to watch the damn tape. I am literally telling you to watch the fukking tape. You refuse. But but, I haven't played Megaman in 20 years and I know it's better than GTA 5 man, I know it. I hate stupid nikkas with a passion

If this was a LeBron/MJ thread, you would be posting an shyt load of film but you know you full of shyt. I can't even get mad at you for being a stupid piece of shyt

MJ stans are the fukking worst. This dude really just defending Malone because he directly feels it attacks his 🐐 legacy. His stupid ass knows Malone isn't any good in terms of today's NBA. What's crazy to me is Stockton is fukking legit. While he wouldn't be the player he was in his day in this era. He would still be legit. Still the best screen setter I've seen from a guard much less a small guard. His off ball movement for a PG was excellent. He obviously wasn't Steph but he was damn good. Stockton is that guy. Malone is just an ancient relic.

This is dumb as fukk. This era of basketball isn’t the only era that ever existed and the notion that if your game can’t translate to this one you’re trash, is retarded. Would Bill Russell still be an all time great in this era? Would Dr. J? You judge players based on what they were in their era and how they compared to their peers, not hot tub Time Machine them in to a different era and say they would be trash in this one.

With all that being said I still got Duncan, Petit, Giannis, Drik, KG and Barkley over him :yeshrug: