Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I’m not a fan of Malone and he wouldn’t be in my top 5 all time PF but…

This is dumb as fukk. This era of basketball isn’t the only era that ever existed and the notion that if your game can’t translate to this one you’re trash, is retarded. Would Bill Russell still be an all time great in this era? Would Dr. J? You judge players based on what they were in their era and how they compared to their peers, not hot tub Time Machine them in to a different era and say they would be trash in this one.

With all that being said I still got Duncan, Petit, Giannis, Drik, KG and Barkley over him :yeshrug:
Once again, we got the film. Prove to me why he would be good in today's NBA?

The stat loving fakkits can't.

Bill Russell is basically a better Dwight Howard. He would be dominant in today's NBA

Dr. J would be dominant in today's NBA.

Majority of elite players in the past would be special today. We see it in the film, even Dave Cowens would be a hell of a player in today's NBA.

Karl Malone is the one player that would be massively worse.

There are plenty of good players that would be ass in today's NBA from the 90s but Malone is probably the biggest drop off of them all and I seen them all. Moses Malone would be fukking hell to deal with in today's NBA.

I got a lot of PFs over him. His film is ass. Spammy John Collins. I give hell to JC and I give hell to Malone. That style is fugazi.

Last edited:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Fair enough, I wasn't alive in '86. This is definitely the very first times, in 24 years of actively watching ball, that I've heard someone day Lurch was the best player in a Finals. But I'll defer to you as I wasn't alive...

My central point remains though; Lurch never had to get benched for a broken shot because he never had to carry as a team's primary scorer besides the year Bird was hurt and he led them to 42 wins and a Rd1 exit. Philosophically I'm not comparing a career #2 on the level of a guy who was a career #1. They didn't have the same role or burden if responsibility on their teams so the results both got from their respective "bag", or lack therof, aren't going to be apples-to-apples objective...
But Malone still getting benched in general is still a black mark against him...

How often do #1 options get BENCHED for shooting like shyt?

Not to mention, you've ignored how he had Stockton there with him, consistently throughout his career. He had a HOF running mate

LurkGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Once again, we got the film. Prove to me why he would be good in today's NBA?

The stat loving fakkits can't.

Bill Russell is basically a better Dwight Howard. He would be dominant in today's NBA

Dr. J would be dominant in today's NBA.

Majority of elite players in the past would be special today. We see it in the film, even Dave Cowens would be a hell of a player in today's NBA.

Karl Malone is the one player that would be massively worse.

There are plenty of good players that would be ass in today's NBA from the 90s but Malone is probably the biggest drop off of them all and I seen them all. Moses Malone would be fukking hell to deal with in today's NBA.

I got a lot of PFs over him. His film is ass. Spammy John Collins. I give hell to JC and I give hell to Malone. That style is fugazi.

:what:

Why would that matter at all? How good somebody would or wouldn’t be in an era they weren’t a part of is something impossible to prove and also irrelevant. I judge players based on how good they were in the era they actually played in comparison to their peers. I agree Malone is overrated and his stats are more a product of his longevity but saying he’s basically John Collins is crazy talk.

And Dr J with his no handle and no jump shot would not be dominant today that’s cap :comeon:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:what:

Why would that matter at all? How good somebody would or wouldn’t be in an era they weren’t a part of is something impossible to prove and also irrelevant. I judge players based on how good they were in the era they actually played in comparison to their peers. I agree Malone is overrated and his stats are more a product of his longevity but saying he’s basically John Collins is crazy talk.

And Dr J with his no handle and no jump shot would not be dominant today that’s cap :comeon:
nikka what? Oh God! nikkas

I've come to realize you nikkas are useless

Watch the film, ain't no team in the NBA getting him touches playing the way he played in the 80s or 90s in today's NBA. No one. So how can you say it doesn't matter.

It absolutely matters. Moses Malone would still be a monster in today's NBA. Hakeem might even be better. How can you say this stupid shyt with so much pride and confidence?

Dr. J would absolutely dominate in today's league with those huge mits and his athleticism. No one is stopping him. We haven't seen anyone like him since him.

He scores and plays exactly like JC. That shyt ain't gonna get you 100-120 touches a game like it did in the 80s and 90s. Too many offensive options. Whereas you had few in the 80s and 90s on most teams, especially the 90s.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
But Malone still getting benched in general is still a black mark against him...

How often do #1 options get BENCHED for shooting like shyt?

Not to mention, you've ignored how he had Stockton there with him, consistently throughout his career. He had a HOF running mate
It is a black mark against him and I agree Malone deserves criticism for all the occasions he was subpar in money time. So I'm not truly on the other side of these Mailman opinions...

My point is we have a poster who brought up Kevin McHale as a better power forward and based it on McHale's bag. McHale's bag was never dominant enough to be the best player on his own team, let alone the best player on a Finals team or a perennial MVP contender. Malone was all of these things. This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison, taking a guy who was all of these things abd saying a guy who was NONE of these things is a better historical player...

That's where my comment stems from, my stance isn't a full-throttle defense of Karl Malone but it is a defense over saying a career #2 was a better player. There is no guy in NBA history who was a #2 (or less) for the majority (50%+) of his career who is a better historical player than Karl Malone...

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It is a black mark against him and I agree Malone deserves criticism for all the occasions he was subpar in money time. So I'm not truly on the other side of these Mailman opinions...

My point is we have a poster who brought up Kevin McHale as a better power forward and based it on McHale's bag. McHale's bag was never dominant enough to be the best player on his own team, let alone the best player on a Finals team or a perennial MVP contender. Malone was all of these things. This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison, taking a guy who was all of these things abd saying a guy who was NONE of these things is a better historical player...

That's where my comment stems from, my stance isn't a full-throttle defense of Karl Malone but it is a defense over saying a career #2 was a better player. There is no guy in NBA history who was a #2 (or less) for the majority (50%+) of his career who is a better historical player than Karl Malone...
That's fair enough, the only counter would be how McHale would look with Stockton. But Karl's ability to slash and his athleticism made him a better fit with Stockton anyway

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
That's fair enough, the only counter would be how McHale would look with Stockton. But Karl's ability to slash and his athleticism made him a better fit with Stockton anyway
I don’t know. Stockton used to dump that ball into Malone with precision. I could only imagine if he had McHale who imo did a better job of positioning than Karl.