Stockton/Malone played 18 seasons together and were eliminated in the 1st round 9 times

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don’t know. Stockton used to dump that ball into Malone with precision. I could only imagine if he had McHale who imo did a better job of positioning than Karl.
I am amazed how nikkas can just avoid film and just make stupid ass opinions with confidence because of STATS. Stats, not tape, STATS.

LurkGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
nikka what? Oh God! nikkas

I've come to realize you nikkas are useless

Watch the film, ain't no team in the NBA getting him touches playing the way he played in the 80s or 90s in today's NBA. No one. So how can you say it doesn't matter.

It absolutely matters. Moses Malone would still be a monster in today's NBA. Hakeem might even be better. How can you say this stupid shyt with so much pride and confidence?

Dr. J would absolutely dominate in today's league with those huge mits and his athleticism. No one is stopping him. We haven't seen anyone like him since him.

He scores and plays exactly like JC. That shyt ain't gonna get you 100-120 touches a game like it did in the 80s and 90s. Too many offensive options. Whereas you had few in the 80s and 90s on most teams, especially the 90s.

:snoop:

I don’t know why this “he wouldn’t be shyt in this era” point you keep bringing up matters so much to you, he didn’t play in this era. Lots of players legacies would look different if you dropped them in a different era, that’s irrelevant to what they were in the era they actually played.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Comparing John Collins to Malone is dumb.

Another point I don’t see people getting is players and teams can improve. Stockton, hornacek, Russell, jazz team later on had shooters, better depth.

How about talking about some of the teams the jazz beat? 97 hakeem, Clyde and Barkley. And Hakeem played great, he wasn’t washed in that playoff series. Duncan and robinson in 98. Shaq in 97& swept him in 98.

One problem utah had is Malone not playing in 97 finals as good as he did in 98.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Comparing John Collins to Malone is dumb.

Another point I don’t see people getting is players and teams can improve. Stockton, hornacek, Russell, jazz team later on had shooters, better depth.

How about talking about some of the teams the jazz beat? 97 hakeem, Clyde and Barkley. And Hakeem played great, he wasn’t washed in that playoff series. Duncan and robinson in 98. Shaq in 97& swept him in 98.

One problem utah had is Malone not playing in 97 finals as good as he did in 98.
I thought their 80s early 90s teams were them at their best and had more depth.

That Rockets team was playoff lightening in a bottle in 96' when Clyde joined. They were mid in the regular season and then again for a full season together in 97

Reign X

Pro
Daps
I thought their 80s early 90s teams were them at their best and had more depth.

That Rockets team was playoff lightening in a bottle in 96' when Clyde joined. They were mid in the regular season and then again for a full season together in 97
Advanced stats don’t seem to agree. Utah teams usually had 2-3 players that rated well only. They got to four in playoffs, only from 96-98 when Byron Russell stepped up.

Not that advanced stats are everything but It also helps explain things. Malone has had his playoff struggles for sure. But utah had a shytty bench and rotation too. Once Byron stepped up as good 4th player, they started doing better.

Menna

All Star
Daps
I read, unlike you who obviously didn't with this thread.
Questioning my question on a forum where people ask questions doesn’t mean you read it means you are annoying … get a massage or something relax … saying did you read the thread like you’re the thread monitor lol… corny… I’ll never ask another question before I read threads again thank you for teaching me this much important lesson

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Questioning my question on a forum where people ask questions doesn’t mean you read it means you are annoying … get a massage or something relax … saying did you read the thread like you’re the thread monitor lol… corny… I’ll never ask another question before I read threads again thank you for teaching me this much important lesson
We been past that simpleton question.

Try reading

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
A team with a history of choking you obviously wont address.
I already did, nikka. :dahell:

I wrote a lengthy ass post addressing all those exits:russ:
Look, they pushed Magic's Lakers, arguably the best dynasty ever at their peak to 7 games in '88.

If they could do that, there's lots of champions they could've beat because the '80s Lakers are sweeping 90% of the teams in NBA history:yeshrug:

In '89, it's not like they didn't show up against Golden State.

Stockton put up 30 & 14 in the 1st game & 34 & 16 the 3rd game

Malone puts up 37 & 22 in game 2.

It's just that Chris Mullen went out of his mind in that series. He's in the Hall of Fame & was on the Dream Team for a reason.

Mitch Richmond's in the Hall of Fame too.

In '90, they lost to a Phoenix team that beat Magic's Lakers in 5 games, so Phoenix couldn't be that bad

In '91, they get revenge on that Phoenix team in the first round, but lost to a Portland team that was in between Finals runs

In '92 they lost to Portland, who gave Jordan's Bulls hell in the Finals, not a scrub team

In '93, they lost to a Sonics team that was just better. That Kemp/Payton team would go on to be a 64 win team a few years later & this team included a lot of really good players from that era like Ricky Pierce, Derrick McKey, & Sam Perkins

In '94, they lost to a top 10 player ever at his absolute peak in Hakeem Olajuwon & that Houston team beat a great Knicks team

In '95, they again lost to a better team in a peak Hakeem Olajuwon with Clyde Drexler, who'd go on to sweep Shaq & Penny in the Finals

In '96, they pushed a 64 win Sonics team to 7 games, there is ABSOLUTELY no shame in that.

So, basically, like I said, the NBA was competitive as hell in their era and yeah, maybe they could've won one or two of those series, but if you look at who they lost to when they lost to them, it makes sense.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
What is it about NBA fans and their lust for bringing up great players somehow thinking it means those facing them faced a great team?
The NBA is a stars league more than any other league.

If you have stars, you can win any game you're in :yeshrug:

It's not football or baseball, 1 or 2 guys make a real difference in basketball:francis:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I didn’t read this thread (and I won’t) - but of the three …scenarios in the OP,
the most correct is A.

Those Jazz teams were from 4-13 probably theee worst teams to ever have the great records they had
due to Malone and Stockton being there. That’s the answer.