Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Axios
10h ·
NEW: Mitch McConnell announced today that the Senate will not hold any more votes until Sept. 8, though members will remain on 24-hour notice in case a coronavirus stimulus deal is reached.

The Trump administration and Democrats remain hopelessly deadlocked.

About this website

AXIOS.COM

McConnell announces Senate will not hold votes until Sept. 8 unless stimulus deal is reached
The Trump administration and Democrats remain hopelessly deadlocked.

Guess Trump and Mitch don't care about you guys as much as you think

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm:

Well that doesn’t make any sense seeing as the GOP’s entire economic philosophy revolves around catering to the rich, and those policies are just as terrible as their social ones. Not to mention the fact that social issues and economic policy are inherently linked.

Willingly describe yourself as socially liberal but fiscally conservative in 2020, brehs.
:russell: alright

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
How am I wrong? The only issue that matters right now are the unemployed who are about to starve and face eviction. Her bill includes money for illegals. Who the fukk cares about illegals? shyt is disgraceful. If Democrats don’t make concessions and offer Republicans a bill strictly focused on unemployment, people will die. It is that simple.

:francis:
So Pelosi should’ve agreed to the $100 a week that Trump and Mitch proposed?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
blaming the republicans is nice, but a compromise would have been better than nothing. tough shyt i guess
The dems passed a bill for 3.5 trillion. The Republicans suggested 1 trillion. The dems said we can do 2 trillion. The republicans gave them the finger. How is that not compromise? Furthermore the dems passed that bill back in I wanna say May. It's the middle of August now.

This whole situation is the republicans fault. They engineered it and it blew up in their face now they wanna blame the democrats.

If you want further proof between May and now what stopped the republicans from starting negotiation on a new bill? Why did they wait until the last bill expired before beginning negotiation on a new one? They knew this was coming and decided to wait anyway.

They did it so they could hold the American public hostage and try and force the democrats to accept their terms. The republicans aren't interested in negotiation they simply want to dictate everything.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dems passed a bill for 3.5 trillion. The Republicans suggested 1 trillion. The dems said we can do 2 trillion. The republicans gave them the finger. How is that not compromise? Furthermore the dems passed that bill back in I wanna say May. It's the middle of August now.

This whole situation is the republicans fault. They engineered it and it blew up in their face now they wanna blame the democrats.

If you want further proof between May and now what stopped the republicans from starting negotiation on a new bill? Why did they wait until the last bill expired before beginning negotiation on a new one? They knew this was coming and decided to wait anyway.

They did it so they could hold the American public hostage and try and force the democrats to accept their terms. The republicans aren't interested in negotiation they simply want to dictate everything.
the dems should have bit the bullet and proposed only direct payments and the post office. the bill would have come in under the republicans' trillion, and the republicans would have had to defend to the entire country why they wouldn't vote for a bill that basically only included direct relief

sorry, but the high horse didn't work. not sure how you can really deny that :yeshrug: bytching about the republicans didnt get anyone any money

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
the dems should have bit the bullet...

That's what they did with the first go around, bit the bullet by buying into a short term deal. Who in their right mind goes to the same negotiation table, with the same people for the same deal and willingly gets burned twice?

That's not grandstanding or being on a high horse, that's called utilizing your leverage.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

I think a lot of them really believed it was just going to go away. Smh.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what they did with the first go around, bit the bullet by buying into a short term deal. Who in their right mind goes to the same negotiation table, with the same people for the same deal and willingly gets burned twice?

That's not grandstanding or being on a high horse, that's called utilizing your leverage.
let me just join in with you and whine about the republicans being bad people. that should make the bill go out any day now

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
let me just join in with you and whine about the republicans being bad people. that should make the bill go out any day now
You want the Democrats to give in and bend to the will of the Republicans, yet you want to criticize them for doing just that. :dwillhuh:

You can't have it both ways.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You want the Democrats to give in and bend to the will of the Republicans, yet you want to criticize them for doing just that. :dwillhuh:

You can't have it both ways.
no, i want them to cut the bullshyt out of their bill and actually sell it to the american people

sad that that's a controversial opinion. it shouldnt be