Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
no, i want them to cut the bullshyt out of their bill and actually sell it to the american people

sad that that's a controversial opinion. it shouldnt be
The GOP aren’t negotiating in good faith. Even if they passed direct payments with the post office, Trump has veto power and the Republicans who didn’t think impeachment matters already told him it’s okay.

None of these are separate issues. Three years of lacking accountability don’t just magically upend in a crisis. The already played their hand and won’t override him.

They could have just funded the post office back before the pandemic. They didn’t cause the GOP hates the postal service for different reasons.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The GOP aren’t negotiating in good faith. .
neither are the democrats :yeshrug: this is really about pushing through a massive slush fund of their own, for these blue state bureaucrats to continue to mismanage instead of holding themselves accountable and cutting spending. ask yourself why that's so inseperable from the bill, why it can't be negotiated while people are out here paying bills on solely state unemployment

as a resident of massachusetts, i hope we only get about half of what we ask for and they have to cut the rest. we're paying whitey bulger's brother a quarter million dollars a year for a pension :scusthov: how many teachers' salaries would that pay for every year? a quarter million fukking dollar pension? :what:here's a crazy idea to start massachusetts off; the highest pension you can collect is a hundred thousand dollars as a retiree. that's it

this is a good opportunity for blue states to get it together before our bonds become fukkin worthless. i don't give a fukk if the dems get the state bailouts they're looking for

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the dems should have bit the bullet and proposed only direct payments and the post office. the bill would have come in under the republicans' trillion, and the republicans would have had to defend to the entire country why they wouldn't vote for a bill that basically only included direct relief

sorry, but the high horse didn't work. not sure how you can really deny that :yeshrug: bytching about the republicans didnt get anyone any money
You’re saying the dems shouldn’t negotiate they should just let the republicans dictate the terms of everything. That’s absurd. The republicans need to come up with at least a decent counteroffer if not meet the dems in the middle.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re saying the dems shouldn’t negotiate they should just let the republicans dictate the terms of everything. That’s absurd. The republicans need to come up with at least a decent counteroffer if not meet the dems in the middle.
you can call it whatever you want

if the dems are sincere about getting this money out to the american people, then write a trillion dollar bill with 6 or 7 non-partisan talking points where money goes to dems and repub voters, and the post office is funded

or keep holding out against a party that doesnt want to pass a bill at all :yeshrug: i don't give a fukk, i don't personally need a cent from the government. i'm just commenting on how to actually get that money out instead of the current situation, which is a hard nothing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
let me just join in with you and whine about the republicans being bad people. that should make the bill go out any day now
Who’s fault is it that Mitch McConnell waited till the end of July to even start talking about another bill? Who’s fault is it that 20 of his senators said they will vote down any new bills period? Mitch’s attitude even though he needs the dems help is if they don’t take his terms then the American people can suffer cause corporations and the rich are good.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who’s fault is it that Mitch McConnell waited till the end of July to even start talking about another bill? Who’s fault is it that 20 of his senators said they will vote down any new bills period? .
it's his fault

now whose fault is it that the democrats wrote a laughable bill that didn't have a prayer of passing, when they knew how our government works and how bills get passed?

and what is complaining about moscow mitch doing to get a bill passed, when what they should have done is propose a simple, bipartisan bill and make him look like a heartless scumbag for turning it down?

here; i'll do it for them; an extra 400 a week on top of state benefits through january if you're unemployed, another popular round of 1200 dollar checks for everyone, and funding for the post office that everyone in america uses. why not propose that and MAKE mconnell reject it in front of the country?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
it's his fault

now whose fault is it that the democrats wrote a laughable bill that didn't have a prayer of passing, when they knew how our government works and how bills get passed?

and what is complaining about moscow mitch doing to get a bill passed, when what they should have done is propose a simple, bipartisan bill and make him look like a heartless scumbag for turning it down?

here; i'll do it for them; an extra 400 a week on top of state benefits through january if you're unemployed, another popular round of 1200 dollar checks for everyone, and funding for the post office that everyone in america uses. why not propose that and MAKE mconnell reject it in front of the country?

shyt for brains

:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
it's his fault

They came down to 2 trillion from 3.5 and he rejected it. A negotiation isn't giving the other side everything they want. Their 3.5 trillion is as unreasonable as his 1 trillion yet you demand they accept his terms and he gets a pass for being unreasonable and unwilling to negotiate. Notice you don't demand he accepts their offer or counter offer

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt for brains

:mjlol:
terrible response from a terrible poster

you used to provide substance, now you just post Onion articles and your kosher one-liners :hhh:why don't you articulate what i was wrong about

or better yet, articulate how nancy's current strategy succeeded. i'm all ears

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They came down to 2 trillion from 3.5 and he rejected it. A negotiation isn't giving the other side everything they want. Their 3.5 trillion is as unreasonable as his 1 trillion yet you demand they accept his terms and he gets a pass for being unreasonable and unwilling to negotiate. Notice you don't demand he accepts their offer or counter offer
we just added 4 trillion dollars to the national debt in 5 months :what: that used to be a bad decade. BOTH her 3.5 and 2 trillion dollar bills were unreasonable

we dont HAVE any of this money :dead:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
terrible response from a terrible poster

you used to provide substance, now you just post Onion articles and your kosher one-liners

boo hoo fakkit

you've been repeating yourself for pages because you're an ignorant c*nt

Everyone keeps explaining it to you yet you can't get it through your thick skull.

Are you on the spectrum or just dumber than a box of rocks?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
boo hoo fakkit

you've been repeating yourself for pages because you're an ignorant c*nt

Everyone keeps explaining it to you yet you can't get it through your thick skull.

Are you on the spectrum or just dumber than a box of rocks?
so you're

-clapping at failure. nancy's strategy wasn't the only way to go, dikkhead. i literally just laid out a different one
-doing nothing about any of this in real life, just whining on the coli

you're my hero :salute:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
we just added 4 trillion dollars to the national debt in 5 months :what: that used to be a bad decade. BOTH her 3.5 and 2 trillion dollar bills were unreasonable

we dont HAVE any of this money :dead:
Why weren't we saying we didn't have the money when they cut the corporate tax rate? Why were they saying that when the Fed started buying junk bonds and printing all this money to buy corporate debt?

When the wealthy are in danger they move hell and high water to fix stuff but when the common citizens need help it's we can't afford it.