Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
im not buying into it cuz it’ll prolly be overturned, its a chess game he will use to show the average idiot that he tried to keep them from goin broke and homeless, esp when dems challenge the EO

my statements still stand unchallenged
Only his sheep still following him. The masses not bout to say oh trump tried to extend unemployment now he has my vote.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
not to offend anyone, but in the interest of having a real-world conversation;

i hit my local butchery today, pretty big place, and there's a big sign on the door "HIRING FOR ALL POSITIONS" in an economy with 11 percent unemployment. now im sure this place doesn't pay the 900 a week that unemployment is currently paying, but the same people i've seen there for the past few months are still working the registers through covid :yeshrug: no bonus for them. if they can work with masks, so can anyone else

is it really the worst thing in the world that we take a month off, let people keep collecting for one month the same state unemployment benefits that have been in place for decades, and see what happens to the job market?

i know it's not ideal, but no matter how anyone feels about it, it seems like that's what's happening regardless with the failure to pass a bill. no extra money is going out before september anyway at this rate
Sounds like an amazing plan in California where businesses aren’t all open and businesses are closing permanently at a record clip. I’m sure those few hundreds of Businesses hiring will absorb all the people who can’t find work due to the thousands of temporarily or permanently closed businesses that once employed them

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
he does come out looking like a hero u bafoon, do u understand what optics are :what: dems did lose you have no clue

do us all a favor and tell us how dems won this weekend

its been 12
hours and noone can say it :dead:
You do understand “optics” only works when there’s nothing tangible that supposed to come from it? :gucci:

So great, he won the optics war for 48 hours, yet next week when people file for UI and don’t see shyt, where do those optics go?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Easiest way to look at this:

He asked - not directed - government agencies to look into evictions.

He's going to ask - not direct - the IRS to defer collecting payroll taxes. Employers will decide whether they want to give employees that extra money or not.

He directed unused FEMA funds (around 44bil) to be put into a new program that will offer $300 in unemployment benefits to people if the state opts-in and pays $100, bringing the total benefit to $400. This will likely take months to implement.

Long story short: nothing happens, outside of the payroll tax stuff. Maybe people get some unemployment money...in late September. Congress will be back before then...
doesnt seem that way :yeshrug:

if the dems sit back and say "alright, lets see this work :stopitslime:" it'll be exposed as a massive failure

thanks. i was reading about it this morning and was watching some morning political shows and that was my take away. this is becoming a joke at this point. no wonder ppl hate politics.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:gucci:. Did he just make that shyt up? fukk is he talking about?

Even if states had the money to put up an extra $400 in unemployment benefits, if people were getting $800 a week in extra benefits wouldn't that be the disincentive to work they've been complaining about for the last six months? :martin:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
not to offend anyone, but in the interest of having a real-world conversation;

i hit my local butchery today, pretty big place, and there's a big sign on the door "HIRING FOR ALL POSITIONS" in an economy with 11 percent unemployment. now im sure this place doesn't pay the 900 a week that unemployment is currently paying, but the same people i've seen there for the past few months are still working the registers through covid :yeshrug: no bonus for them. if they can work with masks, so can anyone else

is it really the worst thing in the world that we take a month off, let people keep collecting for one month the same state unemployment benefits that have been in place for decades, and see what happens to the job market?

i know it's not ideal, but no matter how anyone feels about it, it seems like that's what's happening regardless with the failure to pass a bill. no extra money is going out before september anyway at this rate
Can you tell my bill collectors im taking a month off for me sir? Or do i go from a 70k salary and work at your butcher shop?

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Easiest way to look at this:

He asked - not directed - government agencies to look into evictions.

He's going to ask - not direct - the IRS to defer collecting payroll taxes. Employers will decide whether they want to give employees that extra money or not.

He directed unused FEMA funds (around 44bil) to be put into a new program that will offer $300 in unemployment benefits to people if the state opts-in and pays $100, bringing the total benefit to $400. This will likely take months to implement.

Long story short: nothing happens, outside of the payroll tax stuff. Maybe people get some unemployment money...in late September. Congress will be back before then...
Breh, you broke it down perfectly :wow:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

:gucci:. Did he just make that shyt up? fukk is he talking about?

Even if states had the money to put up an extra $400 in unemployment benefits, if people were getting $800 a week in extra benefits wouldn't that be the disincentive to work they've been complaining about for the last six months? :martin:

Dana Bash is trash :scust:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you tell my bill collectors im taking a month off for me sir? Or do i go from a 70k salary and work at your butcher shop?
sounds like august isnt getting paid, i was just commenting on the reality of the situation :yeshrug: call nancy pelosi and tell her that, not me. i cant do shyt for you

good to know essential workers should keep going to work to pay your unemployment benefits tho :rudy:

Last edited:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You do understand “optics” only works when there’s nothing tangible that supposed to come from it? :gucci:

So great, he won the optics war for 48 hours, yet next week when people file for UI and don’t see shyt, where do those optics go?
thats a separate argument:unimpressed: for the 30th time
Only his sheep still following him. The masses not bout to say oh trump tried to extend unemployment now he has my vote.
you'd be surprised

You’ve said nothing. First you displayed you didn’t understand that only one EO was signed (not four), then you displayed you didn’t understand that the specific promises made will not happen anytime soon if ever. Then you claimed that none of that matters because the headline is all that people care about. As if they won’t check their bank accounts next week and realize they’ve been lied to. Or better yet, tune into Trump’s next press conference and watch him admit it was bullshyt/blame Democrats.

Your entire argument is disingenuous, just like Trump’s. Headlines can certainly fool people, but not when they’re promised something. We literally saw this a few months ago when Trump claimed all COVID related hospital claims would be paid by insurance. I remember posters here saying Trump won, Democrats were boxed in etc. Turns out it was bullshyt, as many of us said. And Trump’s poll numbers are even more underwater now. What’s going to happen in a month when all this bs promises don’t get fulfilled?

But that’s right, I’m sure a month from now you’ll tell us “but Trump won the weekend of August 9th” as he’s even more underwater and people don’t have their benefits. Yea ok.
so you still cant show us how the dems won this weekend i see :umad: still putting words in my mouth :umad: still playing checker :umad:

Whenever yall ready to show us how the dems won this weekend, lemme know

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It absolutely isn’t. If you’re preaching optics and wins, well there’s a clear way to measure it just one week later, and he won’t come out on top.
we are talking about for this weekend:francis:you mentioned next week:francis:dems didnt get anything done, they didnt win this weekend, it really is simple statement :francis:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You’ve been trying to lean on that “this weekend” crutch and it means naught when the proof is in the pudding 7 days later :mindblown:
Because its a key word in my sentence. If you can present evidence or if you think the dems won this weekend, let me know

that goes for everyone else, lemme know if you think the dems won this weekend.