Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who won the weekend isn’t measured by decree, it’s measured by outcome.
And them dems outcome from this weekend was absolutely nothing, and they gave away a lot of their leverage months ago..now the optics look bad if they sue trump.

Funny how folks cant say otherwise, so they resort to personal attacks and lies

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
And them dems outcome from this weekend was absolutely nothing, and they gave away a lot of their leverage months ago..now the optics look bad if they sue trump.

Funny how folks cant say otherwise, so they resort to personal attacks and lies
Where was there a personal attack or lie? Bruh, if you think a 48 hour win means anything in the midst of sky high unemployment and a crumbling economy, you really don’t understand people or politics.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where was there a personal attack or lie? Bruh, if you think a 48 hour win means anything in the midst of sky high unemployment and a crumbling economy, you really don’t understand people or politics.
scroll up
you do understand there are folks who only read headlines who will see what trump "did" and then afterwards see the dems being against it right?
but of course, once again, we gettin away from my statement

the dems didnt win this weekend, and they gave away hella leverage months ago

statement still stands

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gotta be honest, i have no idea who's gonna "win" this by the end of the month

but if history's any indicator, well. it wont be chuck and nancy :huhldup:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Easiest way to look at this:

He asked - not directed - government agencies to look into evictions.

He's going to ask - not direct - the IRS to defer collecting payroll taxes. Employers will decide whether they want to give employees that extra money or not.

He directed unused FEMA funds (around 44bil) to be put into a new program that will offer $300 in unemployment benefits to people if the state opts-in and pays $100, bringing the total benefit to $400. This will likely take months to implement.

Long story short: nothing happens, outside of the payroll tax stuff. Maybe people get some unemployment money...in late September. Congress will be back before then...
I just talked to my aunt about that.

These EO's that Trump signed are a political version of eating his dead. He's feasting off of the Covid deaths, the evictions, and the high unemployment numbers so he can say that he actually did something. The only thing that he did was kill social security with that payroll tax.

This man HAS to go. Now.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
That dude doesn't care. He just wants the fukkery to continue so he can enjoy watching the world burn so he can get his giggle on.

I'm tired of watching the world burn every single night and I'm also tired of dudes like that letting it happen.

Trump's ass should have been gone eons ago.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Broke boy babble
If you never made 10K+ in a day sit the fukk down

im verified out here, the reason i can make youtube vids for fun is cuz i was makin money in college that you cant make as a grown ass man

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
sounds like august isnt getting paid, i was just commenting on the reality of the situation :yeshrug: call nancy pelosi and tell her that, not me. i cant do shyt for you

good to know essential workers should keep going to work to pay your unemployment benefits tho :rudy:
Why do some of y’all keep talking about essential workers as if anybody is saying they shouldn’t get paid more.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why do some of y’all keep talking about essential workers as if anybody is saying they shouldn’t get paid more.
It’s the only faux concern they can throw out to cover their disdain for increased UI benefits. Everyone has said there should be hazard pay, but that doesn’t mean don’t increase UI because hazard pay isn’t on the table. Don’t move two spaces back because you’re only allowed to move one ahead

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
we are talking about for this weekend:francis:you mentioned next week:francis:dems didnt get anything done, they didnt win this weekend, it really is simple statement :francis:
Obama and Dems lost passing the ACA then won years later after people actually got used to it.

no one won anything cause nothing has happened. If everyone woke up with 1200 in the bank after an EO, then yeah Trump would have won.

As it is, nothing tangible for people to react to has happened.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Obama and Dems lost passing the ACA then won years later after people actually got used to it.

no one won anything cause nothing has happened. If everyone woke up with 1200 in the bank after an EO, then yeah Trump would have won.

As it is, nothing tangible for people to react to has happened.
i agree :ehh: