Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
what part of “its about how the avg person will see this bit of news” dont you get :what:yall all in the kool aid and dont know the flavor

point still stands, dems didnt win this weekend, yall can keep changing the subject all you want

Millions of people are out of work. They were just promised an extension of unemployment benefits today. They were promised eviction stoppage today. They aren't going to get it. "Perception" goes out the window when you're promised something and don't get it. What is so hard about understanding that basic fukking concept? We aren't having a discussion about abstract concepts. This is life and death for a lot of people. Trump is going to give another press conference next week and be asked why money hasn't gone out. What happens to your "perspective" then?

I'm not a child and this is not a game: "winning" and "losing" are meaningless here. What matters is blame. And when you look at every poll on the COVID situation or aid, Trump is getting more blame. You've demonstrated that you aren't paying attention at all. Go read some details about today's events before speaking with authority on the subject lol.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Millions of people are out of work. They were just promised an extension of unemployment benefits today. They were promised eviction stoppage today. They aren't going to get it. "Perception" goes out the window when you're promised something and don't get it. What is so hard about understanding that basic fukking concept? We aren't having a discussion about abstract concepts. This is life and death for a lot of people. Trump is going to give another press conference next week and be asked why money hasn't gone out. What happens to your "perspective" then?

I'm not a child and this is not a game: "winning" and "losing" are meaningless here. What matters is blame. And when you look at every poll on the COVID situation or aid, Trump is getting more blame. You've demonstrated that you aren't paying attention at all. Go read some details about today's events before speaking with authority on the subject lol.
You and pelosi can play checkers all you want, you lost the argument the sec u resorted to attacks

“The optics of the democrats trying to block this is going to be crazy.”

Lemme know when you ready to realize this is chess not checkers lil fella :umad: my point still stands

Dems didnt win this weekend, and they threw away their legerage months ago.

Lemme know when you are ready to refute my arguement instead of resorting to attacks because thats all you got

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You and pelosi can play checkers all you want, you lost the argument the sec u resorted to attacks

“The optics of the democrats trying to block this is going to be crazy.”

Lemme know when you ready to realize this is chess not checkers lil fella :umad: my point still stands

Dems didnt win this weekend, and they threw away their legerage months ago.

Lemme know when you are ready to refute my arguement instead of resorting to attacks because thats all you got

What is there to block? What don't you understand, this is not going to be implemented anytime soon, if ever, and requires every state to opt-in with state money they may not even have right now (25% of the total cost). By the time all this gets settled, congress will be back in session and the money STILL won't have been paid out in most states. So...we return to square one, where Pelosi has the leverage. Again.

I'm done responding, at this point you're either a fukking idiot or just being disingenuous.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is there to block? What don't you understand, this is not going to be implemented anytime soon, if ever, and requires every state to opt-in with state money they may not even have right now (25% of the total cost). By the time all this gets settled, congress will be back in session and the money STILL won't have been paid out in most states. So...we return to square one, where Pelosi has the leverage. Again.

I'm done responding, at this point you're either a fukking idiot or just being disingenuous.
so you would say the dems shouldnt sue trump then, right? to stop a useless EO?

because they are suing him :patrice:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Dems
didnt
win
this
weekend

Chess not checkers, figure out a way to debate the argument lil fella :umad:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

If anything I'd sue him on the payroll tax, but that's the one where Trump has the most leverage. He's basically calling for a payroll tax deferral period. Whether employers adhere to it...we will see, but I doubt it. I suppose you'll know for sure in late August/early September when you get that paycheck. It's not an executive order though, it's Trump basically asking the IRS to defer.

Why sue over unemployment? It's not going to be implemented anytime soon...and if it is...it'll go into effect near mid September when congress is back. So why sue? The ball goes back to congress' court by then.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If anything I'd sue him on the payroll tax, but that's the one where Trump has the most leverage. He's basically calling for a payroll tax deferral period. Whether employers adhere to it...we will see, but I doubt it. I suppose you'll know for sure in late August/early September when you get that paycheck. It's not an executive order though, it's Trump basically asking the IRS to defer.

Why sue over unemployment? It's not going to be implemented anytime soon...and if it is...it'll go into effect near mid September when congress is back. So why sue? The ball goes back to congress' court by then.
i agree, i wouldnt sue him. i'd sit back and let him fail

c2daj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Providence, RI

They shouldn't sue on unemployment at all. If they play this strategically, it could work in their favor. Trump is banking on them suing in order to make it look like they don't want people to get relief and him being the "hero" who's trying to get people their money. They need to focus on getting the message out to the masses about what they were trying to accomplish with the heroes act, and how trump is trying to politicize the whole situation to make himself appear better while not actually doing much of anything :yeshrug:

They sue, and they play right into Trump and the republicans hands. While saying all that, I still expect them to sue :mjlol: