Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i forget if i read or heard it, but they were talking about how bad this "work from home" shyt is gonna end up being for the economy

an actual business might do fine with everyone working from home, but every store and service your employees used to go to on lunch/after work, whatever is losing all that business forever. this ripple effect will be :huhldup:

no offices ordering food at all, no happy hour straight from the office

I was just thinking about this the other day. My office would have 3-4 rotating food trucks everyday and I got to know a lot of the people operating them over time. A good portion of them were black-owned as well. I hope they hanging in there somehow:mjcry:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i forget if i read or heard it, but they were talking about how bad this "work from home" shyt is gonna end up being for the economy

an actual business might do fine with everyone working from home, but every store and service your employees used to go to on lunch/after work, whatever is losing all that business forever. this ripple effect will be

Absolutely

I know I brought it up before when someone said "oh just turn the offices into apartments"(this can't work for a ton of reasons and doesn't fix the core issues). The retail/storefronts are dependent on workers especially in the city. Even in downtown Brooklyn some stores/restaurants close on the weekends because there isn't the foot traffic. Tourism is done for this year as well. They're also preventing overseas students from coming here to study and that's a huge driver in the country's economy. I was out over the weekend and the liquor authority was shutting everyone down at 11pm. Our economy can't survive like this.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely

I know I brought it up before when someone said "oh just turn the offices into apartments"(this can't work for a ton of reasons and doesn't fix the core issues). The retail/storefronts are dependent on workers especially in the city. Even in downtown Brooklyn some stores/restaurants close on the weekends because there isn't the foot traffic. Tourism is done for this year as well. They're also preventing overseas students from coming here to study and that's a huge driver in the country's economy. I was out over the weekend and the liquor authority was shutting everyone down at 11pm. Our economy can't survive like this.
NYC gonna suffer massively. Landlords were charging massive rent for commercial storefronts. Like you said those rents can't be paid with people working from home or just leaving

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

an actual business might do fine with everyone working from home, but every store and service your employees used to go to on lunch/after work, whatever is losing all that business forever. this ripple effect will be :huhldup:

I can’t take your faux concern seriously, given this is why there was extra UI - jobs ain’t coming back!

basically all the small biz in business districts is dead until people go back to offices, carts and stands that were located around public transportation - dead, not the people I feel the worst for, but the people who owned parking lots around train stations have no one parking there, shyt, a whole 55 store chain that was mostly in downtowns and business districts all over the bay closed all their stores. Bars are dead, and now you have gyms basically saying they’d rather risk being caught open than to keep staying closed - all this zoom fitness is the antithesis of the reason people went to dedicated spaces to workout.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t take your faux concern seriously, given this is why there was extra UI - jobs ain’t coming back!
my point was pretty simple; unemployment is paying people almost a thousand dollars a week. there's no reason that anyone in america should go to work tomorrow for less than the equivalent of that. no grocery worker, no walmart worker, nobody. pay essential workers a bonus too so everyone in the country is making 50k a year or more, or let that unfair bullshyt expire and rework it better

i said some incorrect shyt about this over the past couple months, but no one actually refutes this part of it ^^^^^ because you can't :dead:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my point was pretty simple; unemployment is paying people almost a thousand dollars a week. there's no reason that anyone in america should go to work tomorrow for less than the equivalent of that. no grocery worker, no walmart worker, nobody. pay essential workers a bonus too so everyone in the country is making 50k a year or more, or let that unfair bullshyt expire and rework it better

i said some incorrect shyt about this over the past couple months, but no one actually refutes this part of it ^^^^^ because you can't :dead:
there is a reason

the unemployment will cease to exist if you dont

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now is the time to restructure our economy. If your business cannot pay more than the $600 a week in UI it has to fail. The ability to pay people starvation wages got us where we are today.
but it's not "600 a week" :dead: it's almost a thousand a week. its 600 plus 350 on average. like a 50 grand a year equivalent

and most small businesses cannot pay their employees 50 grand a year. i'm all for fixing that, but how do you propose making minimum wage 50 grand a year? because if you can fix that, then you should be running for president, not posting on the coli :heh: