Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Didn't Rashida Tlaib propose this a while ago and people were :whoa: about it?
Rashida and Maxine Waters were proposing to mint a $2 trillion coin :mjgrin:

Obama floated the $1 trillion coin in the debt ceiling negotiations in 2013. :obama:

No wonder he’s proud of Rashida

Daps
Mitch McConnell just opened the door for an extension of the $600 unemployment boost — if Trump supports it

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday that he could support an extension of the now-lapsed $600 federal unemployment insurance boost — if President Donald Trump ends up backing it.

At his weekly Senate Republican leadership press conference, McConnell was asked about Speaker Nancy Pelosi's appearing to draw a red line on the weekly federal supplement and whether he could support a negotiated spending package containing it.

"Wherever this thing settles between the president of the United States and his team, who has to sign it into law, and the Democrat, not insignificant minority in the Senate and majority in the House, is something I'm prepared to support," McConnell told reporters. "Even if I have some problems with certain parts of it."

Told ya'll what was going to happen. Republicans know they're in no position to keep the purse strings closed, as joblessness rises and the pandemic expands its reach. I'm certain Trump and his cabinet has placed significant pressure on McConnell to relent on the unemployment bonus. I'm hopeful that Pelosi and Schumer will be able to broker a larger stimulus payment that is monthly. That should be the next order of business before agreeing to any deal. At this stage, a one time payment of $1,200 is even more insufficient than it already was when the first checks were issued.

:mjgrin:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
but it's not "600 a week" :dead: it's almost a thousand a week. its 600 plus 350 on average. like a 50 grand a year equivalent

and most small businesses cannot pay their employees 50 grand a year. i'm all for fixing that, but how do you propose making minimum wage 50 grand a year? because if you can fix that, then you should be running for president, not posting on the coli :heh:
Does your dad own the company you work for my man

Daps
Does your dad own the company you work for my man
Why do people respond to his concern trolling? He’s long since been outed as an undercover Republican. Don’t let his use of the term “rethugs” fool you. Pretend you’re a Bernie supporter, but spend pages concern trolling over an unemployment bonus for millions of starving Americans.

:mjlol:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Why do people respond to his concern trolling? He’s long since been outed as an undercover Republican. Don’t let his use of the term “rethugs” fool you. Pretend you’re a Bernie supporter, but spend pages concern trolling over an unemployment bonus for millions of starving Americans.

I'm white too, so it cracks me up because I imagine I know dudes just like breh

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
republicans very little to no leverage on a lot of this next stimulus
the dems are hardlining on fixing everything with one bill whereas the repubs want to do bits and pieces to appease everyone in their party
they thought the virus would have run its course by now but here we are in august and we are on the verge of a second wave
All because there was no national mandate to shut everything down

Right now Dems are fine with this stance because republicans are catching all the heat from the people because dems had a bill approved 2 months ago and the GOP just played wait and see til it was too late

I said give it a week and watch them start to crack

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do y’all think is causing the relative stability (no wild swings) of the market over the last month or so?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:russell: so pointing out that minimum wage isnt 50 grand a year is "concern trolling"

what kinda fukkin candyland shyt is that :mjlol: again, i'm sorry for trying to accurately guess where the bill ends up being and not just posting an AOC wishlist. that's not very intellectually stimulating

if its extended at 600 for a year with no bonus for essential workers, it's a bullshyt ass bill that's not fair to workers. im not gonna apologize for stating a fact. and if it passes, great :yeshrug: i dont give a fukk. but i'm just pointing that out