Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Honestly I think they're going to extend the boost in some form and the Democrats will have to give up liability protection for companies.

It'll probably be in the $300-$400 range

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I think they're going to extend the boost in some form and the Democrats will have to give up liability protection for companies.
democrats cant even defend that

at the end of the day, no one in america can be forced to do a job. this isnt cuba. so we can't just have everyone who works at a business or walks into a business be able to sue the business. obviously if a company commits GROSS negligence, they should be on the hook, but we cant be holding every business in america liable for an airborne virus. i mean im sorry, but that doesnt work

the fukking lawyer culture in this country is :scusthov:if it didnt exist, then we probably actually could have some sort of good faith liability law in place. but every dikkhead who gets a cough being able to sue you when they walk through your doors? nah

Last edited:
Daps

It'll probably be in the $300-$400 range
We gotta stop worrying about them extending the unemployment bonus. It is inevitable, since the House would never vote for a bill without it and Republicans would guarantee a loss of the Senate if they don’t support it. Senate Republicans have their backs against the wall.

:yeshrug:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
We gotta stop worrying about them extending the unemployment bonus. It is inevitable, since the House would never vote for a bill without it and Republicans would guarantee a loss of the Senate if they don’t support it. Senate Republicans have their backs against the wall.

:yeshrug:

True, how much do you think they'll extend it at?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It amazes me that even in a pandemic and recession, the Democrats don’t know how to leverage anything :snoop:

that first stimulus bill should’ve had everything they wanted and then some. The Republican Party fukked this up, and they still looking at democrats like :pacspit: “no”.

And even in rehearsed campaign ads, Joe Biden looks like an uninspired corps.

Daps
True, how much do you think they'll extend it at?
I am guessing it’ll be $450. If they go too low, it defeats its entire purpose, which was to shore up the abrupt loss of income suffered by millions of Americans due to onset of the pandemic and the state-mandated closures of businesses in several industries. Now, as outbreaks spike in states that ignored social distancing guidelines, it’s critical to keep that bonus intact or people will starve.

:francis:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasn’t sure where to put this, but Governor Hogan did a press conference yesterday regarding unemployment fraud. They found about 46k cases of people getting payments and not living it MD. It’s funny because I got an email the other day from PA division of unemployment, with someone’s name and address that lives in FL. I’m guessing they used my email address by mistake.