Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
The government is really fukking up by not extending the $600. Even if people are getting paid more than they made, they need it because many people lost their health insurance.

Roc Nation literally furloughed people back in April and then last week decided to fire people. Roc Nation got a PPP loan and instead of using it to hire people back, they've fired their staff and are going to rehire hungry people with no experience who they can pay less. Has anyone ever looked at the cost of Cobra benefits? They're outlandish......Even going to get your own healthcare costs a good grip of money.

Honestly what this country should be doing is tailoring unemployment benefits towards the cost of living in each state. That's the correct and proper way of doing this. Someone who is getting NY unemployment needs a lot more than someone in Delaware.

If people in this country cared about anything but celebrities they'd kidnap Mitch McConnell or stand outside his home until something changed as opposed to putting pressure on Lebron or caring about Will and Jada.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly what this country should be doing is tailoring unemployment benefits towards the cost of living in each state. That's the correct and proper way of doing this. Someone who is getting NY unemployment needs a lot more than someone in Delaware.
we do :dwillhuh: thats why the states are the ones who pay it out. NY pays more than delaware

it sounds like they end up extending the 2400, but knock it down a little. theres no way they let it go away completely

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The government is really fukking up by not extending the $600. Even if people are getting paid more than they made, they need it because many people lost their health insurance.

Roc Nation literally furloughed people back in April and then last week decided to fire people. Roc Nation got a PPP loan and instead of using it to hire people back, they've fired their staff and are going to rehire hungry people with no experience who they can pay less. Has anyone ever looked at the cost of Cobra benefits? They're outlandish......Even going to get your own healthcare costs a good grip of money.

If people in this country cared about anything but celebrities they'd kidnap Mitch McConnell or stand outside his home until something changed as opposed to putting pressure on Lebron or caring about Will and Jada.
We should’ve been made unemployment a flat replacement rate, let’s say 75%, of your pay up to 100k.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I don't think many people would have a problem with them cutting the $600 boost if you didn't have companies literally taking PPP loans and then deciding to pocket it, fire workers and hire people for less.

This country is a mess of corruption right now and it bothers me that we have essentially pitted essential workers vs white collar workers who lost their jobs while corporations run off with the real bag.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I filed for unemployment yesterday, are they giving me money for the recent week i claim I didn't work or backpay from when I last worked ?

Lol highly unlikely that you'll get back pay. If you're in the state I think you're in, they just gonna give you the 2 weeks you didn't work. Illinois is been pretty quick with the unemployment. I even put part time on my claim as far as my latest job. This is late April when I applied. Got a letter first week of May. Certified the following Monday. Hit my account that Wednesday. You late to the party