Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point...either you believe no one will go back to work or for some reason you have me in the “don’t open” camp. Both are wrong :ehh:
is setting unemployment that gives 70 percent of america a raise, through january, conducive to getting the economy going again? yes or no?

if yes, how? :mjlol:

if no, you know what im talking about :salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
is setting unemployment that gives 70 percent of america a raise, through january, conducive to getting the economy going again? yes or no?

if yes, how? :mjlol:

if no, you know what im talking about :salute:
Yes, you don’t go from 3.x% unemployment to 15% and not have enough people to fill roles even if the old employee doesn’t take it. Everyone ain’t wanting to sit on their ass and do nothing, especially when they don’t have any of the other benefits that come from full time employment.

Edit: I 100% get the resistance to UBI, but this hard on for returning to what was one of the shyttiest unemployment policies of any developed nation is laughable. Like how dare you pay all those taxes and then get 80-100% of your salary in unemployment (if you made less than $50k)

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, you don’t go from 3.x% unemployment to 15% and not have enough people to fill roles even if the old employee doesn’t take it. Everyone ain’t wanting to sit on their ass and do nothing, especially when they don’t have any of the other benefits that come from full time employment.

Edit: I 100% get the resistance to UBI, but this hard on for returning to what was one of the shiftiest unemployment policies of any developed nation is laughable. Like how dare you pay all those taxes and then get 80-100% of your salary in unemployment (if you made less than $50k)
i'm gonna stop, because i dont even like arguing with you and we clearly aren't seeing eye to eye on this :dead:

i await nancy's powerful, realistic, and all-encompassing bill to be swiftly passed :salute:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So now a partially re-opened state accounts for a full state...got it. Only in your world.
Breh is operating on some real rethug talking points to justify his myopic view based on knowing some single, 20-30 something potheads who’d rather sit home all day than be some level of productive. The world doesn’t go back to normal even in a fully open state, you don’t increase unemployment by 12% in two months and not have demand for the limited # of jobs that do come back, and our unemployment system was a joke prior to the pandemic, what they did was basically what UI should be for most people (UI needs to be a % of income replacement, not some random $350/wk that doesn’t do shyt).

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
yeah, i imagine it would :yeshrug: if your job really disappeared, of course you should get something extra til it comes back

but all these news stories where business owners are calling their employees, and they get hit with "nah, i make more on unemployment. sorry"? no, i dont fukkin support extending that past july :mjlol:especially while grocery workers got zero bonus at all
Pay them more. :umad:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pay them more. :umad:
unemployment averages about 23 an hour right now, far more than the 15 bernie is pushing for :yeshrug:in my state it pays you what you'd make on about a 60k a year salary

again, i know this isn't a serious discussion, just an emotional one

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
unemployment averages about 23 an hour right now, far more than the 15 bernie is pushing for :yeshrug:in my state it pays you what you'd make on about a 60k a year salary

again, i know this isn't a serious discussion, just an emotional one
Oh you're just being jealous. :mjlol:

One reason I have no issue with workers making more money on UI is because I've seen first hand as people head back into work that they aren't making as much money as they were.

The additional money they receive will hopefully allow them to continue to make ends meet while out risking their safety for reduced pay to appease people like you. :francis: