Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok..so

1. Reinstate job search requirement
2. Reinstate return to work requirement (perhaps with caveats and the right to appeal)
3. Extend benefits until January 1st (perhaps with slight increase to offset the exhaustion of state benefits OR issue another stimulus check)

Done. :snooze:
wow, i'm glad me and you could get this solved :troll:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
wow, i'm glad me and you could get this solved :troll:

:handshake:

Its not that difficult. These congress people are partisan a$$holes. I think what i laid out is fair and equitable to most if not all people.

Its when they start lumping in all their bullshyt pet projects to bills is when shyt gets fukked up and nothing gets done

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i never acted like everyone will magically be back at work, because they won't. you refuse to address that small businesses can't get people to come back when they're incentivized not to :yeshrug:
You refuse to admit admit small businesses have gone out of business or will only have limited staff in the first place.

I’m sorry you know bums who’d rather roll with the uncertainty of unemployment over a possible stable job and benefits.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Extra unemployment is the incentive for employees of small businesses not to return to work and not the pandemic or the impossibility of those small businesses being able to operate in the black under current conditions.

Oh that explains everything....

:mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Extra unemployment is the incentive for employees of small businesses not to return to work and not the pandemic or the impossibility of those small businesses being able to operate in the black under current conditions.

Oh that explains everything....

:mjlol:
through january? absolutely :dahell:

but again, i know this isn't a real discussion that includes the economy, i know we arent discussing that. sorry i brought it up :salute: let's just all look forward to pelosi's bill utterly failing and wasting everyone's time.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
through january? absolutely :dahell:

but again, i know this isn't a real discussion that includes the economy, i know we arent discussing that. sorry i brought it up :salute: let's just all look forward to pelosi's bill utterly failing and wasting everyone's time.
Because those jobs are going to be waiting for them right? :pachaha:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you being willfully ignorant by reading that as “all” or are you denying that there aren’t a lot of small businesses that were put out of business from this? :what:
Because those jobs are going to be waiting for them right? :pachaha:
you're aware that...all 50 states are trying to reopen so that every small business in america doesn't go under, right? :dead:

now if you put two and two together, and realize that if none of those business owners can get their workers back til january because they make more on unemployment...it's not gonna end positively for anyone, right? :dead:

clearly the solution is somewhere in the middle

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you're aware that...all 50 states are trying to reopen so that every small business in america doesn't go under, right? :dead:

now if you put two and two together, and realize that if none of those business owners can get their workers back til january because they make more on unemployment...it's not gonna end positively for anyone, right? :dead:

What part of some business have closed for good doesn’t compute...it doesn’t matter if a state reopened two weeks ago, today, or next month, there are businesses that have already closed for good. What fukking bubble do you live in? :mindblown:

edit: here’s just some restaurants that have shut down for good, other small shops have had the same fate
COVID-19: Bay Area bars, clubs, restaurants lost to pandemic

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

1. All 50 states are not re-opening.
2. A lot of those businesses can't open their doors regardless of their home state opening back up because they either can't afford to run at a fraction of their normal capacity or can't afford the necessary changes to make them social distance friendly.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. All 50 states are not re-opening.
2. A lot of those businesses can't open their doors regardless of their home state opening back up because they either can't afford to run at a fraction of their normal capacity or can't afford the necessary changes to make them social distance friendly.
1. blatant lie :dead:
2. fine, so those arent the people im talking about :dahell:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What part of some business have closed for good doesn’t compute...it doesn’t matter if a state reopened two weeks ago, today, or next month, there are businesses that have already closed for good. What fukking bubble do you live in? :mindblown:

edit: here’s just some restaurants that have shut down for good, other small shops have had the same fate
COVID-19: Bay Area bars, clubs, restaurants lost to pandemic
so how many more do you want to shutter forever? all of them not named walmart or amazon?

and those businesses that closed aren't who we're talking about :dahell:

jesus. no wonder republicans win the perception with the public that they're "better for business" :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so how many more do you want to shutter forever? all of them not named walmart or amazon?

and those businesses that closed aren't who we're talking about :dahell:

jesus. no wonder republicans win the perception with the public that they're "better for business" :mjlol:
I don’t even know what you’re talking about at this point...either you believe no one will go back to work or for some reason you have me in the “don’t open” camp. Both are wrong :ehh: