Daps
Reppin
NULL

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
because the proposed legislation isn't realistic, doesn't address a massive problem that would face small business owners, and the money is being printed out of thin air rather than taken from the rich or some real method

other than that, i'm all for it :salute: sorry to dissent, comrade. i'll shut up for now
I don’t have the link on hand but someone from the Fed cleared the air and said all this money that’s being injected wouldn’t cause inflation. I was surprised:dwillhuh:but if that’s what the economists, guys who study and do this for a living are proclaiming then i guess it is what it is

And I think what brehs are saying is the Wall Street bailout may not have been right, but they did it. Which sets the precedent that the government is playing by a different set of rules. So if they’re going to play that game, then pass some legislation that will benefit the consumer

But all this caping for these cacs in DC, who have basically given us their ass to kiss is played out

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not enough people to fill jobs tho, they’re all sitting on they ass stacking UI :blessed:
Bosses say $600 coronavirus unemployment boost makes reopening harder. Some workers ‘are making more money than they’ve ever made by not working right now.’
Two-thirds of laid-off workers may temporarily be receiving more money in unemployment benefits than they did from their jobs
NPR Choice page
Restaurants face a staffing problem: Unemployment pays better
For most recently unemployed Coloradans, they'll make more money by not returning to work

all of this is fine, if you aren't realistic about opening the economy :yeshrug: i didn't know we weren't being realistic. i was just commenting on what's actually happening, and would continue to happen if extended to january. this shyt is barely even my personal opinion :mjlol:

you can't tell grocery workers that they have to go to work for the next 8 months while everyone in the country on unemployment makes more money than them for sitting at home. if you want to explain to me how that's fair to them, then i'm all ears. let's hear it.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bosses say $600 coronavirus unemployment boost makes reopening harder. Some workers ‘are making more money than they’ve ever made by not working right now.’
Two-thirds of laid-off workers may temporarily be receiving more money in unemployment benefits than they did from their jobs
NPR Choice page
For most recently unemployed Coloradans, they'll make more money by not returning to work

all of this is fine, if you aren't realistic about opening the economy :yeshrug: i didn't know we weren't being realistic. i was just commenting on what's actually happening, and would continue to happen if extended to january. this shyt is barely even my personal opinion :mjlol:

you can't tell grocery workers that they have to go to work for the next 8 months while everyone in the country on unemployment makes more money than them for sitting at home. if you want to explain to me how that's fair to them, then i'm all ears. let's hear it.

Pay the grocery workers more. Pay the restaurant workers more. Pay employees more than they would make on unemployment. If you can't do that you can't afford to open.

Essential workers should be being paid more. That's not an argument to take money away from people who lost their jobs and may not have one to go back to.

A waitress who makes less than the Federal minimum wage per hour and makes most of her income on tips can't survive on a job at a restaurant operator at lowered capacity with less customers than that lowered capacity due to fears about the virus. All the employees wouldn't be brought back due to the lower capacity. If the restaurant can't be profitable while paying the employees that they do bring back a salary that makes it worth it for them to get off the current unemployment rate they shouldn't open. The same applies to any other business.

It's too early for states and businesses to be opening up. We don't have a vaccine or effective treatment and testing isn't at the level the experts say we need to open up. Most people realize that and aren't going out to businesses.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
NPR Choice page

Stop quoting me on this, you have a shortsighted, myopic view of the situation and think our shytty UI system is one to laud and go back to. FOH :camby:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pay the grocery workers more. Pay the restaurant workers more. Pay employees more than they would make on unemployment. If you can't do that you can't afford to open.

Essential workers should be being paid more. That's not an argument to take money away from people who lost their jobs and may not have one to go back to.

A waitress who makes less than the Federal minimum wage per hour and makes most of her income on tips can't survive on a job at a restaurant operator at lowered capacity with less customers than that lowered capacity due to fears about the virus. All the employees wouldn't be brought back due to the lower capacity. If the restaurant can't be profitable while paying the employees that they do bring back a salary that makes it worth it for them to get off the current unemployment rate they shouldn't open. The same applies to any other business.

It's too early for states and businesses to be opening up. We don't have a vaccine or effective treatment and testing isn't at the level the experts say we need to open up. Most people realize that and aren't going out to businesses.
good, i agree with the whole post. pay everyone more. where u getting the money from?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are still going back and forth with @the cac mamba :gucci:
im just trying to manage my expectations :yeshrug:

we can all contribute "yeah print money for everyone" to the thread, but thats not a discussion of whats going to happen in real life. its an embarrassing circle jerk :mjlol:

dudes in here are saying "why dont small business owners just pay wages to compete with a 60k per year salary that the government just printed out of thin air" with a straight face :dwillhuh: its no wonder bernie and warrens campaigns were epic failures

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good, i agree with the whole post. pay everyone more. where u getting the money from?

Grocery stores, Amazon and other essential companies are making record profits, they can afford to pay their employees more.

Some small businesses got money from the government that should allow them to pay the limited number of workers they are bringing back a higher amount. If they didn't get any money from the government they have to weigh whether they can afford to reopen at all. Payroll is a business expense if you want to operate and you have to pay enough to incentivize people to want to work for you. Cutting off the safety net for people to make them more desperate in order to make them take shytty low paying jobs so they don't die is how the income gap continues to grow.