Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
if your job isnt coming back after July, you should get some extra unemployment benefits for a while. im not arguing against that
You do realize the economy would actually be in a worse place with half the unemployment and no benefits.

Hell even a third would put us near 10% unemployment. :huhldup:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
it's funny that you act like i'm pushing some agenda when i'm just posting what's gonna actually happen :heh:there's nothing heroic about you guys posting fantasies on an internet forum

whose post is gonna play out in real life? mine or yours? don't get mad at me, go call your senator
What fantasy? No shyt things will open up, they are fully open in tons of states - none of that negates the jobs permanently lost from this nor the jobs that will take through early next year to recover, and none of it negates that our unemployment system is/was woefully inadequate.

I’m sorry, but I’m at a loss for what point you think you’ve proven? :dwillhuh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
if your job isnt coming back after July, you should get some extra unemployment benefits for a while. im not arguing against that
Um, yes you have been. It’s the whole reason we’ve been going back and forth. Everyone isnt jumping right back into a job with the wave of a “we’re open” wand :dahell:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um, yes you have been. It’s the whole reason we’ve been going back and forth. Everyone isnt jumping right back into a job with the wave of a “we’re open” wand :dahell:
i never said they were :dahell:

look, you can't even accept the fact that 70 percent of people got a raise off this, and that small business owners are having trouble bringing people back :dead: so we can't have a serious conversation about any of this until you do. i'm not sure why you're pretending you want to discuss this in good faith. this isn't a real discussion

and if i posted articles about that i'd probably get banned :mjlol: so why don't we just not discuss it. you're right, and i'm wrong, and the pelosi bill is gonna pass tomorrow. is that better?

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i never said they were :dahell:

look, you can't even accept the fact that 70 percent of people got a raise off this, and that small business owners are having trouble bringing people back :dead: so we can't have a serious conversation about any of this until you do. i'm not sure why you're pretending you want to discuss this in good faith. this isn't a real discussion

and if i posted articles about that i'd probably get banned :mjlol: so why don't we just not discuss it. you're right, and i'm wrong, and the pelosi bill is gonna pass tomorrow. is that better?
It’s temporary...like what part of you can’t compute that a 4 month bump in pay followed by still being unemployed with benefits well below your salary doesn’t equal coming out ahead. And we won’t have a serious conversation until you stop acting like everyone will magically be back at work.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s temporary...like what part of you can’t compute that a 4 month bump in pay followed by still being unemployed with benefits well below your salary doesn’t equal coming out ahead. And we won’t have a serious conversation until you stop acting like everyone will magically be back at work.
i never acted like everyone will magically be back at work, because they won't. you refuse to address that small businesses can't get people to come back when they're incentivized not to :yeshrug:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i never acted like everyone will magically be back at work, because they won't. you refuse to address that small businesses can't get people to come back when they're incentivized not to :yeshrug:

One question on unemployment form is if they refused an offer to return to work

If states reinstate that requirement (for example my state isnt currently requiring people to actively seek employment) then that would resolve your issue.

Additionally, many people will exhaust their state benefits in the somewhat near future so congress will pretty much have to extend the federal 600. But if the economy is reopening and they get rid of the waivers on job searches then i really do not see the issue here

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One question on unemployment form is if they refused an offer to return to work

If states reinstate that requirement (for example my state isnt currently requiring people to actively seek employment) then that would resolve your issue.

Additionally, many people will exhaust their state benefits in the somewhat near future so congress will pretty much have to extend the federal 600. But if the economy is reopening and they get rid of the waivers on job searches then i really do not see the issue here
it's not "my" issue, it's the issue of small business owners that im commenting on :yeshrug: i know this isnt the thread for that (i guess), but in the real world it's an aspect of the discussion

again, it's easy to sit here and say "the government should just give everyone 3 grand a month for the next 2 years". if that's the answer then fine, so be it. i don't give a fukk :heh: but the realist in me doesn't see that happening, so why pretend otherwise?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
it's not "my" issue, it's the issue of small business owners that im commenting on :yeshrug: i know this isnt the thread for that (i guess), but in the real world it's an aspect of the discussion

again, it's easy to sit here and say "the government should just give everyone 3 grand a month for the next 2 years". if that's the answer then fine, so be it. i don't give a fukk :heh: but the realist in me doesn't see that happening, so why pretend otherwise?

Ok.

If they make it a requirement to look for jobs and take away benefits if someone refused a return to work would the issue of small business owners and not you be sufficiently addressed?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok.

If they make it a requirement to look for jobs and take away benefits if someone refused a return to work would the issue of small business owners and not you be sufficiently addressed?
yeah, i imagine it would :yeshrug: if your job really disappeared, of course you should get something extra til it comes back

but all these news stories where business owners are calling their employees, and they get hit with "nah, i make more on unemployment. sorry"? no, i dont fukkin support extending that past july :mjlol:especially while grocery workers got zero bonus at all

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
yeah, i imagine it would :yeshrug: if your job really disappeared, of course you should get something extra til it comes back

but all these news stories where business owners are calling their employees, and they get hit with "nah, i make more on unemployment. sorry"? no, i dont fukkin support extending that past july :mjlol:especially while grocery workers got zero bonus at all

Ok..so

1. Reinstate job search requirement
2. Reinstate return to work requirement (perhaps with caveats and the right to appeal)
3. Extend benefits until January 1st (perhaps with slight increase to offset the exhaustion of state benefits OR issue another stimulus check)

Done. :snooze: