Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew: now cac mamba can sleep at night
:russell:

i'm glad people who need it got some money outta this, but printing money out of thin air so that 70 percent of people can make more on unemployment than they were working is fukking ridiculous. you fail to mention that it was literally a mistake in the bill that neither democrats nor republicans actually intended would be in there :mjlol:

you really think most businesses in this country aren't gonna be trying to start up by the end of july :stopitslime: gimme a break

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:russell:

i'm glad people who need it got some money outta this, but printing money out of thin air so that 70 percent of people can make more on unemployment than they were working is fukking ridiculous. you fail to mention that it was literally a mistake in the bill that neither democrats nor republicans actually intended would be in there :mjlol:

you really think most businesses in this country aren't gonna be trying to start up by the end of july :stopitslime: gimme a break
Businesses starting back up doesn’t = all the jobs are back. And that’s actually even more reason to keep the benefits extended, surely fewer people should be using them since the world is mythically back to normal

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Businesses starting back up doesn’t = all the jobs are back. And that’s actually even more reason to keep the benefits extended, surely fewer people should be using them since the world is mythically back to normal
i agree with extending benefits, when we get to that point. let's actually see where the economy/virus is at the end of july, and write another bill then

people can be on regular unemployment for a month or two (like we've been doing for what, 50 years? :dwillhuh:)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i agree with extending benefits, when we get to that point. let's actually see where the economy/virus is at the end of july, and write another bill then

people can be on regular unemployment for a month or two (like we've been doing for what, 50 years? :dwillhuh:)
A month or two, right. All these businesses that closed for good and the ones open who will have reduced capacity and shyt that won’t be open at all (think events/conventions/concerts), glad it will only be a month or two until everyone is back at their job/gainfully employed :whew:

and let’s turn back to a system people hated and that was woefully insufficient just because it was there before. I’m sure that $1400 month is going to pay the bills

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A month or two, right. All these businesses that closed for good and the ones open who will have reduced capacity and shyt that won’t be open at all (think events/conventions/concerts), glad it will only be a month or two until everyone is back at their job/gainfully employed :whew:

and let’s turn back to a system people hated and that was woefully insufficient just because it was there before. I’m sure that $1400 month is going to pay the bills
it's funny that you act like i'm pushing some agenda when i'm just posting what's gonna actually happen :heh:there's nothing heroic about you guys posting fantasies on an internet forum

whose post is gonna play out in real life? mine or yours? don't get mad at me, go call your senator

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, the end of July is only two months away. If you're going to write another stimulus bill at all, why wait when we already have an outlook on how the economy will be by then?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
COVID-19 may make universal basic income more palatable. That’s a good thing

Residents line up at a Chicago food bank this month. Would universal basic income relieve their food insecurity?
(Associated Press)
By MICHAEL HILTZIK BUSINESS COLUMNIST
MAY 22, 2020

The idea of a universal basic income — a regular stipend paid to every American adult to meet minimum life needs — has been bubbling around the edges of American politics for decades.

With the coming of the coronavirus pandemic, UBI may finally move to center stage, and stay there.

“This is a moment when the UBI idea is possibly going to feel more appealing to a lot of people,” observes Ioana Marinescu, a labor economist at the University of Pennsylvania who has studied what she calls unconditional cash transfer programs.

‘COVID-19 has created a rare policy window where so many people are now tangibly feeling the economic insecurity we’ve been talking about.’
SUKHI SHARMA, DIRECTOR, STOCKTON ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT DEMONSTRATION
UBI had gained currency during the early stages of the current election cycle thanks to the efforts of Andrew Yang, who made the idea the centerpiece of his run for the Democratic nomination for president until he suspended his campaign Feb. 11. Since then he has been promoting the idea via a nonprofit, Humanity Forward.

“Universal basic income is a lot more popular now than it was even several months ago, because of the clear need in our communities,” Yang told me. The near-universal experience of receiving $1,200 checks as coronavirus rescue payments has strengthened the appeal of the idea, he says.

“They liked it,” he says. “They didn’t find that it transformed their work ethic or made them into lazy wastrels. So there’s a lot of experience that puts to bed a lot of the resistance that people had.”

The hope of many fans of UBI is that the coronavirus crisis, by exposing the gaping inequities in America’s economic structure as the Great Depression did in the 1930s, will usher in a New Deal-like social revolution.

Column: COVID-19 may make universal basic income more palatable. That's a good thing

if all of Europe isn’t doing it first it sure as heck isn’t going to be America adapting it.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean, the end of July is only two months away. If you're going to write another stimulus bill at all, why wait when we already have an outlook on how the economy will be by then?
Cause if you wait three months to the election they can blame Dems if Biden is in charge.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to see how the reopening goes?

i think its a good thing :yeshrug: if theres a massive uptick in cases in june and every state shuts down again, then republicans have no choice but to pass pelosi's bill. and obviously it will be necessary. AND they'll be backed into a corner and forced to let everyone vote by mail

if not :yeshrug: we probably don't need a 3 trillion dollar bill

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
to see how the reopening goes?

i think its a good thing :yeshrug: if theres a massive uptick in cases in june and every state shuts down again, then republicans have no choice but to pass pelosi's bill. and obviously it will be necessary. AND they'll be backed into a corner and forced to let everyone vote by mail

if not :yeshrug: we probably don't need a 3 trillion dollar bill
You only seeing ur side of the argument and u might be straight and if u are thats what's up.. But it's some people out here really fuked up.. 40% of jobs not coming bk if they were to end unemployment after July with no plan on getting people bak to work this economy will be worst.. At tha least they should extend to January

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You only seeing ur side of the argument and u might be straight and if u are thats what's up.. But it's some people out here really fuked up.. 40% of jobs not coming bk if they were to end unemployment after July with no plan on getting people bak to work this economy will be worst.. At tha least they should extend to January
if your job isnt coming back after July, you should get some extra unemployment benefits for a while. im not arguing against that