Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
not sure if this is the right thread to post it in, but theres a special kind of hell for ticketmaster. what a scum company.

Ticketmaster Quietly Changes Its Refund Policy (TL;DR: You're Screwed)
Artists should formally cancel their events. Let people get their money back. It will be a long time before concerts are back, and I’m sure some ticket holders might not, even want to be at a concert after all this, and those who do will just purchase new tickets

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Artists should formally cancel their events. Let people get their money back. It will be a long time before concerts are back, and I’m sure some ticket holders might not, even want to be at a concert after all this, and those who do will just purchase new tickets
They should but probably won't for the exact same reason. There's already a ton of costs that go into the preparation of a tour and they don't want to take a hit by having to refund ticket sales. Add contracts with venues who most likely will have a claim when artists cancel rather than postpone and you get a vicious circle where parties are only looking out for their own wallet.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
everyone ive talked to in real life is either working and getting a free 1200 bucks, or on unemployment and making the same money or more, plus getting 1200 bucks :yeshrug: i dont know. to have to reach 330 million people it seems like the government did alright in MA and CT

obviously places like florida are fukked up. its not a good situation. i just dont see how the bill itself left anyone out in the cold, when it's designed to replace the income of the vast majority of the country, once it's rolled out

if they want to give everyone in america 10 grand a month, great. i'll cash it. i hope they do.

NY is the only state to start receiving the extra Unemployment benefits. Government takes time. You seem to be on a very high horse bro. Can you not see that this is fiscally crippling?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What boggled my mind about reading the ticketmaster thing is, how are they operating with no liquid money? Where's it all go? They sell tickets. Same with the bullshyt StubHub pulled. What happened to all that money they brought in?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NY is the only state to start receiving the extra Unemployment benefits. Government takes time. You seem to be on a very high horse bro. Can you not see that this is fiscally crippling?
that isnt true :heh:my friend went from making 700 a week working, to making 1000 to sit on his ass. we're in MA. completely taken care of and got a huge raise off the bill

again, all i ever did was push back against this bullshyt that "the government left everyone out in the cold and fukked them over with this bill". that's not true :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
that isnt true :heh:my friend went from making 700 a week working, to making 1000 to sit on his ass. we're in MA

again, all i ever did was push back against this bullshyt that "the government left everyone out in the cold and fukked them over with this bill". that's not true :yeshrug: at all

No one said this, even the lady you retweeted. She said its not enough. And for a lot of folk it isnt.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Cali got them, my brother dropped by my spot yesterday gloating about his new unemployment plus that stimulus check :heh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
that isnt true :heh:my friend went from making 700 a week working, to making 1000 to sit on his ass. we're in MA. completely taken care of and got a huge raise off the bill

again, all i ever did was push back against this bullshyt that "the government left everyone out in the cold and fukked them over with this bill". that's not true :yeshrug:
There are a lot of people with greatly reduced hours who also can’t claim unemployment because *gasp* they’re employed. So they get a bullshyt one time $1200 and no extra $600 in unemployment - the government didn’t take care of them

Edit: and you’ve still never acknowledged people who make more than $50k for whom even with the extra 600 they are making less per month...they’re not better off

Last edited: