Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Washington Post
12 mins ·
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Monday that they won’t agree to the Trump administration’s insistence on more money for small business loans unless their demands are met for additional funding for hospitals, state and local governments and food stamp recipients.

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) walk together as they head to a lunch with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar last month in Washington. (Susan Walsh/AP) By Erica Werner Erica WernerCongressional reporter focusing on economic policyEmailBioF...

About this website

WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Congressional stalemate deepens as Pelosi, Schumer say they won’t budge on coronavirus funding demands

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
everyone ive talked to in real life is either working and getting a free 1200 bucks, or on unemployment and making the same money or more, plus getting 1200 bucks :yeshrug: i dont know. to have to reach 330 million people it seems like the government did alright in MA and CT

obviously places like florida are fukked up. its not a good situation. i just dont see how the bill itself left anyone out in the cold, when it's designed to replace the income of the vast majority of the country, once it's rolled out

if they want to give everyone in america 10 grand a month, great. i'll cash it. i hope they do.

Your myopia is alarming.

The bill is shyt but its the best we'll get. I expect them to throw more checks out if this goes into summer..

To answer my initial post this shyt started getting real beginning of march. It is now the middle of april. The unemployment 600 just kicked in last week. Its not some impossibility that 1200 for a lot of people doesnt move the needle,especially with more bills incoming this and next month with no end for sure

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your myopia is alarming.

The bill is shyt but its the best we'll get. I expect them to throw more checks out if this goes into summer..

To answer my initial post this shyt started getting real beginning of march. It is now the middle of april. The unemployment 600 just kicked in last week. Its not some impossibility that 1200 for a lot of people doesnt move the needle,especially with more bills incoming this and next month with no end for sure
whenever i argue about this someone comes in and tells me that i hate poor people, so i wont even continue :heh:

but the bill says that the average person WILL get 1200 dollars, plus unemployment checks, plus 2400 a month while they're out of work. to paint that as some massive failure of a federal government that left everyone out to dry seems dishonest

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
whenever i argue about this someone comes in and tells me that i hate poor people, so i wont even continue :heh:

but the bill says that the average person WILL get 1200 dollars, plus unemployment checks, plus 2400 a month while they're out of work. to paint that as some massive failure of a federal government that left everyone out to dry seems dishonest

Ok bro

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
most are

im just trying to understand the shortcomings of the bill, outside of the state-caused delays in getting unemployment. because as far as i can tell, the bill as written makes most people whole, for 4 months. and they're writing another one as we speak

i think the government usually does a terrible job with things, but this doesnt seem that bad

Thousands line up at US food pantries as hunger surges due to coronavirus crisis

" San Antonio, Texas on Thursday, traffic stretched for over five miles as cars lined up for a food distribution organized by the San Antonio Food Bank at Traders Village. Six thousand converged for the giveaway, with some arriving over 12 hours early to make sure they received food."

Um... yeah this seems bad.:patrice:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thousands line up at US food pantries as hunger surges due to coronavirus crisis

" San Antonio, Texas on Thursday, traffic stretched for over five miles as cars lined up for a food distribution organized by the San Antonio Food Bank at Traders Village. Six thousand converged for the giveaway, with some arriving over 12 hours early to make sure they received food."

Um... yeah this seems bad.:patrice:
clearly awful preparation by this administration, as far as time line goes

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
clearly awful preparation by this administration, as far as time line goes

I think for people who are close to the poverty line and are actually able to receive UI benefits, SHOULD be in a decent place, but the middle class who doesn't qualify for the stimulus are going to struggle especially in areas with higher cost of living.